Christian Minister Becomes An Amritdhari Gursikh

I hope we never lose "dictionary Panjabi words". There's a time and place for everything. Let's not dumb everything down. I may also not understand uber-advanced Panjabi but that doesn't mean I want it banished off the face of the earth. I'll just have to try that bit harder to try and understand what's being said.

naa 100% bro, i myself am gonna buy a book soon, called "mahan kosh", which is a famous panjabi dictionary written by Kahan Singh Nabha. I was sayin that by using these difficult words, no one is gonna understand a fliipin word thats sed, and again we'll walk out after eating langar, havin learnt nuthin. This is wats got our youth in a mess in the first bloody place.

His image should be up in all places in Punjab!!!!!

Sikhi prachar should strictly be done in punjabi. These days alll resources are available for a person to learn punjabi. Sikhi prachar should be limited to kids or new comers. Make effort to learn punjabi.

Rebel Singh, as per your replies, it will be okay for people in India to learn sikhi in Hindi language? (the same language that makes u uneasy?)

What will happen to punjabi if we encourage all future pracharaks to use English in gurdwaras ? Punjabi will then only be limited to Punjab ? The same state where it's residents see this language as third grade stuff.

Look read my after replies aswell my friend, panjabi will be taught in panjabi school, like it is now, but im jus sayin, that for coconuts (westernized apnay), it wud be easier 2 have talks done in english. I dont kno if u have realised, but the current panjabi youth cannot even speak a word of panjabi, what will they learn at gurdwaras from talks done in panjabi? Is it a coincedence that on the sikh channel, the highest viewed show ever on their were kam singhs youth show (in english)?

ive already made my stance on hindi, if sikhs outside of panjab speak in hindi at their gurdwaras, good for them.

His image should be up in all places in Punjab!!!!!

Sikhi prachar should strictly be done in punjabi. These days alll resources are available for a person to learn punjabi. Sikhi prachar should be limited to kids or new comers. Make effort to learn punjabi.

Rebel Singh, as per your replies, it will be okay for people in India to learn sikhi in Hindi language? (the same language that makes u uneasy?)

What will happen to punjabi if we encourage all future pracharaks to use English in gurdwaras ? Punjabi will then only be limited to Punjab ? The same state where it's residents see this language as third grade stuff.

so if a gorah/kalaa comes gurdwara, wants to listen 2 parchaar, but cant speak/understand panjabi, and neither can the giani, wat do they do?

Oh yea go 2 a mosque instead init. Its up 2 u deluded ppl, if u think overnight the youth r gona master panjabi and b brought into sikhi more. By learning panjabi @ panjabi school, and then listening 2 english katha like video below, they can then teach their future kids. Bhai Sukha Sing hhas got the formula right, time for the rest of u 2 realise. People dont like my opinion, the ndont, but im gonna b proven 100% correct.

I agree with you brother that things would be easy for youth to understand basics of sikhi if talks are in English. I mentioned that prachar communication with new comers (regardless of race) should be held separate in English. But at the same time we should all encourage them to learn punjabi. India is on full destruction mode to kill this language and Sikhs living outside of India should show them that this language will not die !!!

I spent my youth time in deep red neck south area and even our gurdwara (100 miles away) had weekly punjabi classes and I am sure tat mostly all gurdwaras in Sikh populated areas had some sort of help. If not then simply ask ur parents to teach you (which they should have done years ago).

naa 100% bro, i myself am gonna buy a book soon, called "mahan kosh", which is a famous panjabi dictionary written by Kahan Singh Nabha. I was sayin that by using these difficult words, no one is gonna understand a fliipin word thats sed, and again we'll walk out after eating langar, havin learnt nuthin. This is wats got our youth in a mess in the first bloody place.

True, true. The difference being that in my day youth would still end up going to the Gurughar - out of respect - regardless of whether they had a clue what was going on. At least they received some lahaa even on a subconscious level. Nowadays the kids simply don't bother going!

And what is stopping these "coconuts (westernized apnay)" to learn Punjabi.

These coconuts have got neither their bana (monahs) and nor bani.

Youth need the desire and love to be a Sikh.

Only then they will learn Punjabi and Gurbani.

But they are far too busy in doing weird hairdos, drugs and what not.

True, true. The difference being that in my day youth would still end up going to the Gurughar - out of respect - regardless of whether they had a clue what was going on. At least they received some lahaa even on a subconscious level. Nowadays the kids simply don't bother going!

this is EXACTLY wat im tryna say bro, but for watever reason no one else can see wat im tryna say. If u listen 2 Bhai Sukha Singhs Katha, it stings u, such is the truth. Recently visiting my coconut cousins in newcastle (notoriously white area), i played em sum Bhai Sukha Singh katha, they were glued 2 it, and played it few times over again in their shop.

English parchaar definately has to be done in Gurdwaras in the UK. This is a must!

The fact is, is that many many punjbai kids are not taught punjabi. Myself included, I was not taught it. This means they will not understand parchaar in Gurdwaras. However, reading english translations of gurbani sparked a great interest in Sikhi and I knew that in order to get the most of gurbani, punjabi was a must. This led me to begin learining punjabi.

If it wasn't for english translations of gurbani, I probably wouldn't have bothered ever to learn punjabi.

English parchaar definately has to be done in Gurdwaras in the UK. This is a must!

The fact is, is that many many punjbai kids are not taught punjabi. Myself included, I was not taught it. This means they will not understand parchaar in Gurdwaras. However, reading english translations of gurbani sparked a great interest in Sikhi and I knew that in order to get the most of gurbani, punjabi was a must. This led me to begin learining punjabi.

If it wasn't for english translations of gurbani, I probably wouldn't have bothered ever to learn punjabi.

And the fact is if you have not been taught Punjabi, ask your parents why they did not teach it to you

and good on you that you have now learnt it.

Would be good if gurdware contd with typical sunday program in punjabi followed later by equally long session in English, only problem is I think parchar in english is years away from getting upto a qualified standard, because of this I guess unqualified parcharaks could potentially do as much harm as good.. youth nowadays seemed confused enough as it is.. I gues topic deserves its on thread :)

And the fact is if you have not been taught Punjabi, ask your parents why they did not teach it to you

and good on you that you have now learnt it.

well my mum and dad cannot read/write panjabi, this is coz my mum was 6 and dad was 9 wen they came from panjab 2 england.