Sikhs That Make You Proud To Be Sikh

hgsingh

You can name more than one right?

Ok for me its: Upinder Randhawa, Baba Deep Singh, Bhagat Singh, Nawab Kapur Singh, Udham Singh.

There's so many more to add, Victoria Cross awardees, the 21 Sikhs at the Battle of Saragarhi etc.

Sikh history is full of heroism and it's a shame that many young Sikhs today, myself included, know only the tip of the iceberg.

Good post Khalsa Ji. There are so many Gursikhs past and present that have an influence on a Gursikhs life. Whenever I'm feeling a bit low I like to flick through history books. Seeing Sardars liberating France from the Nazis fills me with pride. The Pioneering Sikh who despite facing a mountain of challenges settled in Europe/ America etc. but kept their Sardari intact. Seeing images of Gursikhs who happily accept death rather than compromise their faith is so uplifting. There are numerous others but so difficult to name everyone individually. The beauty of our Panth is that so many contributions have beenn made in different ways.

Unity in diversity.

Waheguru.

Too many to mention ... but if we are restricting to Sikhs of the 20th Century ... then in my eyes Bhai Puran Singh Ji ... would be one of the best examples we should strive to emulate to even a tiny fraction if we are capable ... if ParmAathma could bless us with such shakti and true Amritdhari value as Bhai Puran Singh Ji

what can i say? who can i choose? be it our great gurus who taught us how to live and carried out what they preached. be it our first shaheed guru arjun dev ji or guru tegh bahadur giving his life for freedom to choose your faith. or the mothers who got their babies killed and had garlands made of their body parts and still thanked waheguru. to mai bhago, mata gujri, mata sahib kaur, bebe nanki, to the chali mukte, to the 4 sahibjades. banda singh bahadur to maharaja ranjit singh. to the ones who did seva in lagars gave all their wealth to help others.to the shaheeds of the modern era and all those who suffered but never gave up their sikhi. there is no end to the people that make me proud.