Gurbani And Pregnancy

Wahe guru ki ka Khalsa wahe guru ji ki fateh,

Hi I have a quick question and would really appreciate some good responses. Me and my husband have been trying to be blessed with a child for the past two years without any luck. Here's some background info:

We got married in India in January of 2010.

I found out I was pregnant on march of 2011 when I went to visit him and for his interview. Our flight was in April I was 7 weeks at that time and I had a Miscarriage on the plane two hours before landing in Seattle.

And no luck since then.

So my question to all of you is that is their any paath I can do so I can be blessed by guru ji with a child? I used to be very good about doing nitnem sahib and sukhmani sahib but have been really slacking after the miscarriage because at one point I kept thinking why would Guru ji do this? I do paath and everything but still I had to go through that so I stopped believing in him for a while. But I know whatever he does he has a reason for that and that child just wasn't meant to be.

My second question is that is it because of my bad deeds that guru ji is punishing me and not blessing me?

I would be so grateful for all helpful answers because I'm really stressed for not having a child since our wedding. Thank you everyone.

Daljit Kaur

Wjkk Wjkf

Think this is a hard question for most people to reply to not having experienced the hardships you have gone through

Keep up with your nitnem and try not to bargain with god ie. the more nitnem you do doesnt automatically mean guru ji should bless you with a child!

I would definetly talk to doctors about any problems and reasons why preganancy is taking so long

Good luck

I can't possibly imagine what situation you're in bibiji but if it were me I'd do Ardas to make me strong enough to accept Waheguru's hukam and do Ardas for the best.

It's all a khed of karams. Best we can do is go to the doctor and do path/nitnem i think.

Waheguru. Sorry to hear what you have been through phen ji. I think it is important to understand the concept and techings of our Kaaram through Maharaj, inparticular our Sanchit Kaaram, which are the Karam we have collected throught our past lives. This may help you to undertand why certain bad things happen in our lives... Waheguru.

Wjkk Wjkf

Think this is a hard question for most people to reply to not having experienced the hardships you have gone through

Keep up with your nitnem and try not to bargain with god ie. the more nitnem you do doesnt automatically mean guru ji should bless you with a child!

I would definetly talk to doctors about any problems and reasons why preganancy is taking so long

Good luck

Thank you for the reply. I have already consulted with a doctor everything is normal I guess it's in God's hands now. Thank you

You need medical advice from a doctor - which you won't get on this forum. Miscarriage at such an early stage of pregnancy (as 7 weeks) is quite common; and taking long haul flights is NOT recommended for pregnant women - so that was a mistake.

Thanks I have already consulted the doc everything is fine. Yes I know I shouldn't have travelled but I had to because of personal reasons.

I knew a couple who did not have a child. So they started waking up at 2am, did full ishnaan and recited “Thir Ghar Baiso..” shabad for two hours. Then they did nitnem and Sukhmani Sahib. They did this for two weeks. I think after a month or so they found out the bibi was pregnant. I know some who have done abhiyaas of the same shabad for different reasons and they got what they wanted. So my recommendation would be to do abhiyaas of this shabad in the early morning in addition to your rehat and Sukhmani Sahib. Beginners set a time limit of 11, 21 or 30 days as a bare minimum and do ardaas at the completion and start it again. You can do it as you like but do it for long enough and then do ardaas and take hukamnama which should tell you the outcome. If more is required you would know and do another ardaas to start. Keep doing it and when you find out you have been blessed, continue to do as much Gurbani abhiyaas as you can.

No one can tell you whose fault it was other than high spiritual gursikhs but I suggest you to not contemplate on it. Rather, focus on your future. It could be that your naam kamayee was not enough to receive the blessed soul destined to come to your house. Guru Sahib wishes to send souls of past gursikhs and shaheeds to families of Amritdharis and for that a lot of naam kamayee is needed. So maybe you need more. Guru Sahib will surely bless you with what you want. If it is not in your karma then Gurbani and Naam abhiyaas will change it. Just don’t lose faith. Guru Rakha

Thank you so much for the reply. I will definitely start doing that. I wish my husband would stop drinking and eating meat and doing paath and it might help but he doesn't. I know that both should be doing as much paath as we can so Guru ji can bless us. I'm not worried right now because I'm still young and have a long time to have kids but it's just my mother-in-law keeps pushing me and I don't know how to deal with that. She lives in India and everytime I call her that's the first thing she asks me and says you guys have been married for two and half years and still nothing. No one from my in-laws do paath and they are expecting big miracles. The other day she was asking me and she was like I don't understand why you can't have kids and it made me really mad and I told her that there's nothing wrong with me if that's why your trying to say and that when I'm destined to be blessed with a child I will have it. I don't know how to deal with her negativity and then in return start to have a fight with Raab ji that why is he punishing me. Sorry i had to get this off my shoulders since I don't have anyone to talk to this about. My mom asked our Baba ji that we really believe in and have been going to since we were little and he said that the miscarriage was meant to happen my first child was not meant to be alive and I believe that it must have been because of my past deeds. Thank you for your nice comment and advice I will defintely start that.