words of SGGS

DhadiMania

A biR was published originally by some idiots which was paad chhed. As soon as panthic groups got wind of it, they stopped the presses immediately and did not let it print.

SGPC released statements and Akal Takht released hukams saying paad chhed versions of guru sahib are not to be printed and anyone who does will be liable.

But greedy publishers (ie all of the major sikh publishers today) decided it didnt matter and slowly began to introduce the birs without anyone realizing. They were widespread very fast and by the time most gursikhs realized what was going on, it was becoming too late to do anything. They spread the word, but the ignorant masses didnt even know it was wrong, just as today.

So in a way it is a violation of akal takhts hukamnama to publish or do parkash of a paad chhed bir, but at the same time, everyone is doing it and theres not much we can do about it as its become accepted, but this still does not make it right.

We should do everything in our power to bring it back.

One of the main reasons for larivaar (note spaces WERE invented, guru sahib chose not to use them!) is that we are to DO patt NOT READ patt.

When its already done with spaces and all that we just read it and dont really care. when u have to take the time to understand and break apart words, you actually DO patt and learn about it and develop a love for gurbani much faster and a really strong gurmat mind. Unfortunately, this is uncommon today which is one reason many people beleive the panth is not in as much chardeekalaa today as it once was. You can choose to agree or disagree with that asessment.

But in any case, most panthic groups encourage the use of l

arivaar and it should be used as this is the original saroop of guru granth sahib. Paad chhed printing and parkash are wrong, but I wont go as far as not matha teking or anything else, I am just here to spread information and encourage others to learn to DO patt (not read it) and to try and get larivaar birs installed at your gurudwaras/homes.

why would u still have doubts about this?

Because veerjee I don't know if its proper to say that a great GurSikh like Bhai Mani Singh Jee separated the words in SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JEE. I don't know if he did or didn't, so I don't know what to believe. Plus all this conclusion that he was cut joint by joint because he separated the words belittles his martyrdom and makes it look like more of a "punishment" which I find weird. But thats just me. Like I said, I don't know the true facts about all this.

Singh Ji, you are mixing up the posts. Padd-chedd started in the beginning of 20th century (I think) and Bhai Mani SIngh Ji is "blamed" for rearranging bani according to Gurus and then bhagats which is totally wrong and plain stupid in my opinion. Some say Bhai Sahib Ji separated Bani because he made gutkas and pothis but this is wrong also. Many gutkas and pothis of puratan gursikhs like Baba Deep Singh Ji still exist. Even if Bhai Mani SIngh Ji did make gutkas (which he didn't) it still does not say that Bhai Sahib Ji separated the words. The argument only says Bhai Sahib Ji separated the Bani not the words which means He made no changes to the grammer. Also, I don't think Mkhalsa would call such great Gursikh like Bhai Mani Singh Ji "stupid". He is referring to those who started pedd-chedd in 20th century. I don't know who started it but maybe Teja Singh Bhasur did because he had his own printing press given by british and had enough money given to him by Sikh Maharajas. He also tried to make many changes in Sikhi such as taking out most of the bani out and leaving only 200 shabads in Guru Granth Sahib Ji and declaring it the "True Guru" and then tried to print the Saroops. he tried to change Ardaas. well list goes on but I think it may be him but I am not certain. Maybe Bhai Randhir Singh Ji talks about who did it in his book on pedd-chedd. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Ok I thought you had some doubts about Larridaar saroop being of importance but it doesn't seem like the case now..

Anyway, I just looked at the tapoban.org's thread and that's a totally different issue. Kandola asked who seperated the words in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's saroop whereas that one topic is about someone sorting out Gurbani in a different way then it was originally compiled.