Victorinox kirpans for Sikh celebrations

akjforever

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

Well, next time someone invades India and steals the women, I am sure that Mr. Narayan will be the first to defend the country with his mouse and quick typing... rolleyes.gif

heres the commment made on this site -

Indiatimes Id:rnarayanan_us

It is a tragedy when commerce promotes fundamentalism. The teachings of the 5 gurus in the Adi Granth and the marginally expanded Guru Granth Sahib of the 10 gurus constitute the core. One has to recognize that the Khalsa order was a political movement that provided inspiring rituals for individual discipline driven towards the political cause of overcoming the Mughal injustice towards Sikhs. Religion divides, spirituality unites people. This was the message of Sikhism. And yet by mindlessly sticking onto rituals, the fundamental Sikhs have created the same situation today that if Guru Nanak were born again as a Sikh he would walk away from the 5 K's, as he did walk away from his thread ceremony born a Hindu.Mkahlsa, can you please post a Picture foa real Kharad?

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Guest stopsingh2
its not a "kirpan" in the true sense as it doesnt look to be a kharad.

What ? And those cheap tacky bad quality ones you find in shops around Gurdwara in India are Kirpans in the true sense ? :cool: ))))

The Kirpans I have seen are usually very bad quality. Some have such poor workmanship that the handles are sharper than the Kirpan blades. :wub:

The blades are of such bad quality that they start to corode. All in all they of very low quality and the workmanship is non exisistant. grin.gif

I for one applaud Victorinox for their effort. Hopefully it will spur on the other Kirpan to produce better quality products. I for one willbe getting a few of these Victorinox made Kirpans. :TH:

Guest stopsingh2
1406.1.jpg

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Does not look like a china sword to me as mentioned by an earleir poster.

I cant wait to get a few of these top quality swords.

Vahiguru ji ka Khalsa, Vahiguru ji ki Fateh!

Sadh Sangat Jio,

can someone who is a member of this news site stick this reply on...having trouble joining it as a member...can't post this reply as a result.

thanks.

----------------------------------

Dear Brother,

You wrote:

'One has to recognize that the Khalsa order was a political movement that provided inspiring rituals for individual discipline driven towards the political cause of overcoming the Mughal injustice towards Sikhs. Religion divides, spirituality unites people'.

May i humbly say that your opinion clearly displays the fact that you intentionally or unintentionally remain ignorant regarding the core philosophy of Sikhi (Sikhism) which engenders both Saintly and Soldierly qualities within its vision of the Complete Human Being. Thus, it is your misunderstanding that is 'dividing' people in this case.

It was the 5th Guru, Siree Guru Arjun Sahib Ji, who himself personally instructed his son Siree Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji (who was passed the Guruship) to sit wielding both the Spiritual and Temporal Swords. This was before Siree Guru Arjun Sahib Ji voluntarily went to his martyrdom. Please contemplate upon this...

Nowhere in both Sikh Scriptures or authentic texts is it stated or inferred that the Khalsa was created as a 'temporary' army. Quite the opposite in fact - it has been referred to as Akaal Purkh ki fauj - army of The Timeless.

Please research Sikhi before making such uneducated and flimsy statements. They can do untold damage. Indeed, i am sure your statemen

t already has.

May The One bless you.

Yours humbly,

Jagroop Singh

Sadh Sangat Jio,

can someone who is a member of this news site stick this reply on...having trouble joining it as a member...can't post this reply as a result.

thanks.

----------------------------------

Dear Brother,

You wrote:

'One has to recognize that the Khalsa order was a political movement that provided inspiring rituals for individual discipline driven towards the political cause of overcoming the Mughal injustice towards Sikhs. Religion divides, spirituality unites people'.

May i humbly say that your opinion clearly displays the fact that you intentionally or unintentionally remain ignorant regarding the core philosophy of Sikhi (Sikhism) which engenders both Saintly and Soldierly qualities within its vision of the Complete Human Being. Thus, it is your misunderstanding that is 'dividing' people in this case.

It was the 5th Guru, Siree Guru Arjun Sahib Ji, who himself personally instructed his son Siree Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji (who was passed the Guruship) to sit wielding both the Spiritual and Temporal Swords. This was before Siree Guru Arjun Sahib Ji voluntarily went to his martyrdom. Please contemplate upon this...

Nowhere in both Sikh Scriptures or authentic texts is it stated or inferred that the Khalsa was created as a 'temporary&

#39; army. Quite the opposite in fact - it has been referred to as Akaal Purkh ki fauj - army of The Timeless.

Please research Sikhi before making such uneducated and flimsy statements. They can do untold damage. Indeed, i am sure your statement already has.

May The One bless you.

Yours humbly,

Jagroop Singh

Letters to this column should be addressed to Letters, c/o Resident

Editor, The Times of India, D.N.Road, Mumbai - 400 001. Email:

toieditorial@timesgroup.com

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I submitted the following message that article. After submission, it gave me a messagey sayin, "Your message has been sent to the editor". My user name is: Lion_the_Singh. People, please created ur acccount and write ur comments on that article.

----------

We Sikh are extremely greatful to Swiss Army for their wonderful idea. Kipran is one of the 5 K's of the Sikhs. There are some people who failed to understand the meaning of the 5 K's and make riduculous and nonsense remarks. It is my humble opinion to those peole to spend some time to learn about Sikhism and Sikh History.

As for as the comment of my Hindu brother, rnarayanan_us

is concenred, there is a great difference betweent the Kirpan worn by Sikhs and Janeau worn by people in Hinduism.

A woman cannot wear janeau, a low cast hindu cannot wear janeau. Only the high cast brahmins are allowed to wear it, and furthermore, the knots in the janeau tells the superiority of the brahmin. The janeau creates divisions among humans and genders.

The Kirpan is the symbol for diginity and equality. Anybody can wear it, man can wear it, woman can wear it, any cast can wear it (Sikhism does not believe in cast system). It is used for the protection of helpless ones and to one's honor. Its not a sword, but Kirpan (Kirpa + Aan), meaning "the one that showers the blessings".

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

--Jaswant Singh

Guest stopsingh2
umm iunod my mind has kinda changed bout this topic. thats true its not a kharad. and another reason is that i looked at the atttcached picture. it seems kinda wierd and it does kinda look like one of those chinese kirpans. not too happy about that.

It looks nothing like those so called chinese kirpans. It has a very similar shape to the bad quality Kirpans you find for sale near Gurdwara in India.

I have searched on google and viewed a few web sites and not found a similar shaped chinese Kirpan. Can someone put a picture up for one of these chinese Kirpans.