Sign in to follow this  
ghatak

Rehraas Sahib At Harminder Sahib

It's common sense really. Would you rather read a shortened version of the Chaupaee or the longer? I'd rather read the longer one. Why? Because the more bani you read, the better and it's still not enough! :p

THANK YOU! Bani should be read the way its written why even insult it by shortening it?...

• Like 1

People people people i only came onto the site because of this topic. I have attached an awesome clip of Katha by Giani Harbhajan Singh Ji Dhudhike Wale about this topic and the changes with teh karah parshad maryada today. Please have a listen below then discuss your views.

Please note- The Katha is awesome!!!!!!!

sant hari singh states from 1-5 patshah there was panja bhog.

sorry misunderstanding

THANK YOU! Bani should be read the way its written why even insult it by shortening it?...

"harman1990" ji, are you suggesting that reading the 6 paurees of Anand Sahib during Rehraas or 10 swaiays from Akal Ustat during Nitnem, or the first Pauree of Vaar Sri BHagautee Ji Ki during Ardaas is an insult?

Do you read the entire 40 paurees of Anand Sahib while reciting Rehraas Sahib, or just 6 paurees?

Do you read all the 270+ paurees of Akal Ustat while reciting your Nitnem Swaiay, or just 10 swaiays?

Do you read the entire Chandi-di-Vaar during Ardaas, or just the first pauree?

According to your logic you should read them in entirety because that is how they were written by Guru Sahib.

We need to think twice before making such proclamations and attacking others.

• Like 2

It's common sense really. Would you rather read a shortened version of the Chaupaee or the longer? I'd rather read the longer one. Why? Because the more bani you read, the better and it's still not enough! :p

lol someone should have wrote that 3 pages ago !!

"harman1990" ji, are you suggesting that reading the 6 paurees of Anand Sahib during Rehraas or 10 swaiays from Akal Ustat during Nitnem, or the first Pauree of Vaar Sri BHagautee Ji Ki during Ardaas is an insult?

Do you read the entire 40 paurees of Anand Sahib while reciting Rehraas Sahib, or just 6 paurees?

Do you read all the 270+ paurees of Akal Ustat while reciting your Nitnem Swaiay, or just 10 swaiays?

Do you read the entire Chandi-di-Vaar during Ardaas, or just the first pauree?

According to your logic you should read them in entirety because that is how they were written by Guru Sahib.

We need to think twice before making such proclamations and attacking others.

No, my point was that why insult bani by shortening it.. what i meant by this was what happened at Sri Darbar Sahib where the Rehras Sahib was shortened and that version was imposed against the Sangat... why was this paath shortened??? shortening the paath in 1920's and 30's is in itself an insult no?

Personally I find that the abridged version recited at Sr Harmander Sahib lacks Rass. I prefer to read the Taksal maryada Rehras. There is Nanaksar and NIhang Singh maryada which is also full of ras. Whenever I have to listen to the abridged version I always feel a sense of emptiness whereas the longer versions make me feel more elated.

Waheguru.

• Like 2

Personally I find that the abridged version recited at Sr Harmander Sahib lacks Rass. I prefer to read the Taksal maryada Rehras. There is Nanaksar and NIhang Singh maryada which is also full of ras. Whenever I have to listen to the abridged version I always feel a sense of emptiness whereas the longer versions make me feel more elated.

Waheguru.

Anything being recited in Sachkhand Shri Darbar Sahib Jee is full of Rass. Maybe it is your bad karma that you cannot find Rass in Gurbani being recited in the holiest place on earth which is over flowing with pure spiritual Rass. Vaheguru... I don't even know how you can say what you have said.

Anything being recited in Sachkhand Shri Darbar Sahib Jee is full of Rass. Maybe it is your bad karma that you cannot find Rass in Gurbani being recited in the holiest place on earth which is over flowing with pure spiritual Rass. Vaheguru... I don't even know how you can say what you have said.

The kirtan at Sri Harmander Sahib is extremely blissful. The abridged Rehras Sahib for me personally lacks the rass as compared to the longer version. Sri Harmander is very sacred for me. My intention was not to degrade it anyway. Please accept my apologies if my comments have caused offence.

I understand its panthic masla..we are looking at things form parampara stand point and like to preserve it. .that is fine

But having no ras from shorten rehras sahib..i m sorry to say singh that's your perception, whatever your perception is that's what it appears or get or thats what you become. If someone wants to get ras from full rehras or small rehras only (be it small or long or even one line one word) they will..!!

• Like 2

re: Rehiras Sahib.. the panth on the whole will never agree any time soon on what rehiras sahib to recite... for this reason its an individuals choice, if you are stuck, discuss with panj pyare. we need to keep as much ekta as possible within the panth. for this reason its an individuals choice which Rehiras Sahib to recite, leave it at that.

re: Sri Dasam Guru Granth Sahib Ji ( < i know im going to get knocked for this) - I just want to make the point that, we all know Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in its earliest forms was refered to as "pothi sahib", then "adi granth sahib".... at this time, Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj put the holy Gurbani Sahib on his bed, and Guru Sahib slept on the floor.... This was done before "Sri Adi Granth Sahib" was declared "Sri Guru Granth Sahib". On this basis... ALL gurbani should be given the ultimate respect. Bani Guru Guru Hai Bani Vich Bani Amrit Sare.

for those that do not believe that the revered Granth Sahib is the complete works of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, you will not agree with what i have just written. this is fine.... belief is an individual thing....

• Like 1

re: Rehiras Sahib.. the panth on the whole will never agree any time soon on what rehiras sahib to recite... for this reason its an individuals choice, if you are stuck, discuss with panj pyare. we need to keep as much ekta as possible within the panth. for this reason its an individuals choice which Rehiras Sahib to recite, leave it at that.

re: Sri Dasam Guru Granth Sahib Ji ( < i know im going to get knocked for this) - I just want to make the point that, we all know Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in its earliest forms was refered to as "pothi sahib", then "adi granth sahib".... at this time, Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj put the holy Gurbani Sahib on his bed, and Guru Sahib slept on the floor.... This was done before "Sri Adi Granth Sahib" was declared "Sri Guru Granth Sahib". On this basis... ALL gurbani should be given the ultimate respect. Bani Guru Guru Hai Bani Vich Bani Amrit Sare.

for those that do not believe that the revered Granth Sahib is the complete works of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, you will not agree with what i have just written. this is fine.... belief is an individual thing....

You make a good point. But just to point out there are many Dasam Granth supporters like me who don't believe in doing parkash of Sri Dasam Granth. Gurbani needs to be given the utmost respect and Sri Dasam Granth is Bani and that is not in dispute here. The dispute is whether all the rituals attached to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee should also be applied to Sri Dasam Granth. If going by your argument one were to say okay let us do all the rituals that we perform for Satguru jee to Sri Dasam Granth because it contains Bani then why stop there? why not those same people also perform all those rituals for Gutka Sahib or Panj Granthi pothis? after all, it also contains Gurbani.

Let us also understand our current situation in the panth today. Right now the biggest attack these Kala Afghanis are doing on us Pro Dasam Granth supporters is that we are doing Prakash and Sukhasan of Dasam Granth and beleive it as Satguru. Why give them a chance to attack? by performing Prakash and Sukhasan rituals for Dasam Granth at this point in time we are causing more damage than good to the Dasam Granth cause.

• Like 1

You make a good point. But just to point out there are many Dasam Granth supporters like me who don't believe in doing parkash of Sri Dasam Granth. Gurbani needs to be given the utmost respect and Sri Dasam Granth is Bani and that is not in dispute here. The dispute is whether all the rituals attached to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee should also be applied to Sri Dasam Granth. If going by your argument one were to say okay let us do all the rituals that we perform for Satguru jee to Sri Dasam Granth because it contains Bani then why stop there? why not those same people also perform all those rituals for Gutka Sahib or Panj Granthi pothis? after all, it also contains Gurbani.

If Parkash of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib ji Maharaj is man made, then the Ardas we read everyday is also man made. Where does Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj's or Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj name come in Chandi di Vaar? Why is man-made words being put write under Satguru's Bani? No one lifts a finger here. Ask yourself why didn't Satguru write his own name in Chandi di Vaar? Why did he (Satguru) get down on his knee and ask the Punj Pyare to give him Amrit? Did Satguru see the Punj Pyare as equals or less than him? Satguru sang Khalsa is my form and everything. But today we are so quick to call the Khalsa man made? Bhai Mani Singh ji is a Brahmgyani.......Akal Purakh himself.............

If we can't do Parkash of Gurbani; Sri Dasam Granth Sahib ji Maharaj at Sri Akal Takht Sahib, then where is the Parkash going to happen? Should we build a different building for Akal Purakhs Bani that is lower than the Sri Akal Takht Sahib?

No! Parkash is going to happen right next to Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj. It is Maharaj's Bani and only way to give Maharaj's Bani proper respect is to bring Sri Dasam Granth Sahib ji Maharaj Saroop before Maharaj and do Parkash.

• Like 1

If Parkash of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib ji Maharaj is man made, then the Ardas we read everyday is also man made. Where does Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj's or Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj name come in Chandi di Vaar? Why is man-made words being put write under Satguru's Bani? No one lifts a finger here. Ask yourself why didn't Satguru write his own name in Chandi di Vaar? Why did he (Satguru) get down on his knee and ask the Punj Pyare to give him Amrit? Did Satguru see the Punj Pyare as equals or less than him? Satguru sang Khalsa is my form and everything. But today we are so quick to call the Khalsa man made? Bhai Mani Singh ji is a Brahmgyani.......Akal Purakh himself.............

If we can't do Parkash of Gurbani; Sri Dasam Granth Sahib ji Maharaj at Sri Akal Takht Sahib, then where is the Parkash going to happen? Should we build a different building for Akal Purakhs Bani that is lower than the Sri Akal Takht Sahib?

No! Parkash is going to happen right next to Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj. It is Maharaj's Bani and only way to give Maharaj's Bani proper respect is to bring Sri Dasam Granth Sahib ji Maharaj Saroop before Maharaj and do Parkash.

Only Five Jee, then why just stop at Sri Dasam Granth? why don't you do prakash of your Gutkas and Pothis as well? That is also Gurbani.

Here is the traditional parkash of sargun roop Vahiguroo : Sri guru granth sahib maharaj with Sri dasam granth sahib and Sri sarbloh granth at Budda dal..!!!!!

post-24251-0-07521200-1341024149_thumb.j

• Like 3