Having a Guru Granth Sahib in your house.

Mr. Singh,

Its not about the principles but about respect for Guruji, instead of bringing a saroop of Guru Granth Sahib ji home, why don't you get sanchis, or gutke with english translations, bringing SGGS's saroop home is out of respect, and shardha, and I think only singhs/singhnia with high avastha should do this, who can follow the proper protocols.

If you truly regard Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, the king of kings, your only support to lead you to the almighty, then SGGS should be given utmost respect, first of all taking amrit is a secondary protocol of keeping SGGS, I think one needs to learn more about amrit, and what it means, and why was there ever a need for it.

If you say, you can have proper satkaar, follow all the protocols, etc. etc. Then you don't need to follow the hukam of Guru Gobind Singh ji? Why do you think he made amrit, is it "too deep" for some of us, or are we simply blind to the entire message? He made the Khalsa for a reason, if we already knew about the entire philosophy of how to keep proper satkaar, etc. etc. from Guru Nanak Dev ji, then why was there ever a need to pick up shasters?

Bhul chuk muaf.

How do u follow the hukam of Guru Gobind Singh ji and become a Khalsa?

by doign naam Japna, Paath etc.

you said if they have soo much pyaar /respect for maharaj why don't they follow the hukam -

cause a person can't suddenly cahnge at once.

Once someone realises thati.e eating meat is WRONG - they DECREASE their DIET n eventually stop - takign Amrit isn't

yep it's compulsary - right here and now.

it's something you have to PREPARE FIRST.

Personally I'd say those who do Parkash and Sukhasan at home - USED to be AMRITDHARI - they're not really Kuretis as they havn't really commited a Kurehit - but basically stopped wearing kirpan n stuff, n when asked why they're not takign it again - they say

'I'm now PREPARING, as I do not want to amke the SAME MISTAKES , as I MADE BEFORE'

again tha's a quite good point, and personally if the family is trying to Follow Gurmat, and aim to take Amrit then personally I see no harm- again I'ma a moorakh and might be wrong :lol:

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi sorry if this is off topic..

You're talking about bringing your holy book home right. How come you cant all have a copy at home? How can you learn and read the books teachings for yourself if you have to go through these special proparations just to get it in your home? I'm confused sorry if i cause any offense

Yasmin

Confused? It is understandable, Yasmin.

Yeah...we are talking Sri Guru Granth Sahib, not simply a 'book' for us...it is our Guru...or Prophet..or whatever that is supposed to attach us with God.

Yasmin...all Sikhs have Gutkeh, that are extracts of the main Scriptures/Writings, such as the ones that are to be recited in a day, called Nitnaam Bania [nitnaam = 'nit' means new, naam = name, Bani = scripturual work; the Works with Everyday (new) Name...new in the sense that it should be done each day newly]

Also Sikhs who want to learn about Gurmat, have Pothis or Sanchis. These have commentary in Punjabi (mostly), or Sri Guru Granth Sahib in several binds (ie Pothis). So Sikhs do use commentaries, various translations, and also have Main Works in Gutkeh (extracted texts).

But do have Guru Sahib at home...we need to have a seperate room, and give Guru Sahib the respect, and for that one person has to devote him/herself to the service, therefore most Sikhs don't have a Saroop (or 'copy' of Guru Sahib) at their homes. In India lots of Gursikhs do have...it is a bit harder outsite with the time schedule and different way of life. Such a Saroop does not have translations, or commentaries, only the original text as-it-is. So it is the Guru....therefore most of Sikhs are comfortable with SGGS staying at the Gurdwara. Or if someone decides to have Guru Sahib at home...the same rules as the ones followed at the Gurdwara should be used.

i agree that siri guru ji should have their own room with their own higher manjii sahib gion above ne level that we can be, and the proper sukasaan and stuff should be done, and alcohol should not be premitted within the house. theres no doubt that who ever has guru sahib has 2 follow stuff like dis.

but then khalsa u say that amritdharis are the only ppl, if this is ur sikhi i don't want in.

if u truley feel that way Khalsai dont' knwo what 2 say! thinking that guru ji is egotisical my butt. If one does'nt have pyaar for guru ji they're not gonan bring em home, and i'm sure sure as hell that if a monah does paath of dhun guru ji asaar will be done no matter what.

and I think only singhs/singhnia with high avastha should do this, who can follow the proper protocols.

Khalsa paji u said this, give me a hukamnama or a line of gurbani that dictates this. Theres no doubt that guru ji said what he said "rehit pyaari mujkho, sikh pyara nahi" or sommin along those lines but if ppl did'tn have darshan of Guru Gobind Singh ji they would'nt come across this pwither amrit thru his bani, and bachaans. Now Guru Granth Sahib ji maharaaj is in the place of Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaaj and the only way to go abouts amrit is 2 learn from Guru ji.

If ur definiton of sikhi is that, tha's messed up yo.

I know i'm gonna get this ' how do u know ur a

monah" i admit it but how am i 2 learn and stuff ???? oneday. I'm no sikh but still have the utmost respect love and LOVE for GURU JI.

As with alott of ppl, but that does'nt make it right that we dont' take amrit, i'm a blashpmous fool, who does'nt know up from down as far as sikhi is concerned. But what i know is Guru Granth Sahib ji is not egotistical and copyrighted by Amritdharis. shhh.gif

[nitnaam = 'nit' means new, naam = name, Bani = scripturual work; the Works with Everyday (new) Name...new in the sense that it should be done each day newly]

doesn't "nit" mean like regular ? and so thats why nitnem is the banis we have to do regularly ? :(

That's actually true -NIT mean regular, i.e the prayers u do regularily

Deep veer ji wrote tha during the nite - thake hon ge :lol: tongue.gif

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!