Facts & Figures About Punjab Today

I love Punjab and the only reason i visit this state after few years is to visit our iithasic gurdwaras. However i do not like people of punjab. Relatives and family friends are okay but with strangers it is just plain weird. If you want to know about greed then go to punjab and see greed and lalach in ppl eyes. They lie, cheat and sell themself for anything.. Both Haryana and Punjab are super duper worthless people ! Our parents generation era was much better than what we see there today.

Agreed that it is due to gurgaon that haryana is doing much better but if you compare punjab controlled city mohali with haryana's panchkula then you willl see the difference. Chandigarh is much better maintained.

Education is punjab is in terrible state ! Punjabis do not give top preference to education anymore. Compare punjab with any southern state and you will difference of earth and sky.

Totally agree with S1ngh veer here..just to add what s1ngh said:

If we think about punjabiyaat culture itself is quite racist to begin with..racism in punjabiyaat culture definitely has the influence from hindu caste system.Punjabiyaat culture have shoved Gurmat into small close end tunnel by superimposing its own view on Sikhi...you will see its effect not on a large scale but its still there in the panth but more evidently so for eg- singh sabha gurdwaras full of jatts- non jatt cannot be member in the committe, ramgharia gurdwara- same stuff, ravidas gurdwaras- same stuff, jatha engaing in karam kaand rituals and discrimating like pandits, discrimation within mahant system- udasi, nirmale, nihangs jathedaris- seperate amrit for mazhbhi sikhs, during amrit sanchar if muslim wants to convert to khalsa panth they have to bury him under sand to purify his "tats" also have muslims eat pork before converting..may be during those times make sense- precaution against inflitration but making it into permanent maryada and hold any value at this current age is going against gurmat.

Not only we punjabis are racist but quite ungrateful ( fighting over small stuff/nitty/gritty stuff- always missing greater picture and bigger picture, feel that everyone owe us something, feel sense of entitlement) and hot headed too (may be because of diet as we only eat either rajas or tamas). Thanks to sikh forums on web that we actually can hold civil senstive conversation on underlining issue, trivial issue, sensitive issues in the panth without actually taking out kirpana and without swearing- bhen di, ma di..our sensors like- how we hyperventilate, anti hindu paranoia, anti muslim paranoia, anti panthic, manmat-gurmat- black and white, calling rss/bjp/congress blah blah blah are set quite high..!!!!!

We are quite paranoid bunch..lol

Education is punjab is in terrible state ! Punjabis do not give top preference to education anymore. Compare punjab with any southern state and you will difference of earth and sky.

One thing I feel Punjab can do is discard Hindi altogether in favour of English. That is what South India did, they only teach English and their own local language. Hindi does not hold any status in the south. Since English is so prevalent in the south, education is also top and most foreign companies like to invest in the south because of the English factor. In Punjab a similar pattern should have been adopted. After Haryana and Himachal were unfairly separated, I feel Punjab should have discarded Hindi just to get back at the center, plus such a move could have had a positive impact on Punjab's education. Today we could have had a lot of foreign investment in Punjab similar to the South.

I feel today, Sikh schools in Punjab such as Akal Acedemy should discard Hindi and only teach Punjabi and English.

I love Punjab and the only reason i visit this state after few years is to visit our iithasic gurdwaras. However i do not like people of punjab. Relatives and family friends are okay but with strangers it is just plain weird. If you want to know about greed then go to punjab and see greed and lalach in ppl eyes. They lie, cheat and sell themself for anything.. Both Haryana and Punjab are super duper worthless people ! Our parents generation era was much better than what we see there today.

Agreed that it is due to gurgaon that haryana is doing much better but if you compare punjab controlled city mohali with haryana's panchkula then you willl see the difference. Chandigarh is much better maintained.

agreed paaji, i havnt been 2 panjab since 2000, n ive only been the once, altho i saw practically every historic gurdwara there is (apart frm hemkunt), so i cant comment too much on the environmental changes rubaru. But regarding the ppl, ur 100% right, they r sooooo greedy its absolutly unreal. Also panjabi is no longer spoken in panjabi schools im being told too. Listenin 2 jazzy b interview the other day, wen he sed its sad wen he gets asked 4 autographs by little gutti-waleh singhs, n they say "aap kaisey hai bhaiya". I saw recently that a school in amritsar, not far away from the golden temple, has put a ban on panjabi bein taught in teh school, i mean wat the heck man!!??

One thing I feel Punjab can do is discard Hindi altogether in favour of English. That is what South India did, they only teach English and their own local language. Hindi does not hold any status in the south. Since English is so prevalent in the south, education is also top and most foreign companies like to invest in the south because of the English factor. In Punjab a similar pattern should have been adopted. After Haryana and Himachal were unfairly separated, I feel Punjab should have discarded Hindi just to get back at the center, plus such a move could have had a positive impact on Punjab's education. Today we could have had a lot of foreign investment in Punjab similar to the South.

I feel today, Sikh schools in Punjab such as Akal Acedemy should discard Hindi and only teach Punjabi and English.

ur 1million% correct paaji, wen students/fojjis/freshies frm panjab come 2 england, NONE of em can speak any english, watsoever, yet EVERY andhra pradesi, tamil etc that u meet, is able 2 speak dictionary english. WAT USE is speakin hindi as a 2nd language, wen u aint gona leave panjab, n if u r, WAT USE will it b, wen ur tryna get a job in canada/yank/english workplaces? This slave mentality of panjabis is disgraceful, have u heard kuldeep manaks micktake of hindi language n of a sardar he once met on a train? says it all!

ur 1million% correct paaji, wen students/fojjis/freshies frm panjab come 2 england, NONE of em can speak any english, watsoever, yet EVERY andhra pradesi, tamil etc that u meet, is able 2 speak dictionary english. WAT USE is speakin hindi as a 2nd language, wen u aint gona leave panjab, n if u r, WAT USE will it b, wen ur tryna get a job in canada/yank/english workplaces? This slave mentality of panjabis is disgraceful, have u heard kuldeep manaks micktake of hindi language n of a sardar he once met on a train? says it all!

Not just the west, but even in India, Hindi cannot land you a job. But English can. English is the language that can open doors. If Punjab's government is not willing, at least Sikh schools should discard Hindi in favour of English. Muslims for example are catching up to this idea and implementing it in their schools. Take Zakir Naiks school in Bombay. The two languages that are promoted are Arabic and English. Arabic for religious purposes and English for worldly purposes. Similarly I feel that Sikh owners of schools should have this type of thinking for their schools. Punjabi should be promoted and English should be promoted so Sikh students can progress both spiritually and worldly. If only SGPC run schools and Akal academy schools can do this, it would really do a lot of good for the Sikh nation.

To discard Hindi in favour of English (as well as ensuring Panjabi is learnt for religious and cultural purposes) needs courage and unity from the teaching institutions.

Today in Punjab, christian schools are considered the best because English is promoted in those schools. The only people I feel would not like to discard Hindi on the state wide level are the Hindus of Punjab because they associate Hindi with with their religion. So I don't see today's Punjab government implementing such a bold move as that can really annoy the BJP. But the Sikh schools that are privately run and operated can implement such a move. Many Sikhs all over Punjab own hundreds of schools. If they were to promote only Punjabi and English, within a few years Punjab's Sikh population can become highly educated.

Make sense..english, punjabi for worldy purpose and gurmukhi, urdu, persian, sanskrit, hindi, braj, sadhu basha and including english off course (parchar) for dharamic purpose..!!

Urdu, Hindi, farsi, Sanskrit, Braj Basa etc should also be taught but as minor subject courses to get extra credits if it is in the interest of the students. All languages are good in my opinion, even Hindi. But the status Hindi is given in Punjab is unnecessary in today's economic and education reality. Instead, English should be given that status. And Hindi along with other languages should be taught as minor courses so students are well rounded.