The History Of The Udaseen Samparda

PAL 07

Thank you, i will check it out later.

If after reading the book, If you are still basing on your opinion on udasi/baba sri chand ji with your personal research, its all fine and dandy but after reading the book, if you are still basing your opinion of udasi/baba sri chand soley on sant gurbachan singh ji bhindranwale katha which is blown out of proportion. Then I highly suggest you too look at this issue more deeply within damdami taksal mehta as this issue is not black and white as it made out to be.

Only ignorant people would put Baba Buddha ji in the same category as Sri Chand.

That is so so messed up how can you say that !! Baba Sri Chand had immense bhagti and indeed were Brahmgiani, Baba Buddah Ji were also Brahmgiani but both of these did not attain this avasta at the time of the first Guru but afterwards. Baba Sri Chand failed hopelesly in the tests of his father, though Baba Budda did progress he failed the ultimate test of eating the dead body parsang. But to think Sri Chand was something less than Baba Buddah Ji is a immense immense mistake, both mahapurks crossed the age of 100. Baba Sri Chand were the very form of tapasaya. Sri Chand were the highest saint in India of their time.

But before you said Nihangs were with her now you are saying she went alone. Anyway, here is what is written in Chandi Di Vaar

ਦੁਹਾਂ ਕੰਧਾਰਾ ਮੁਹਿ ਜੁੜੇ ਢੋਲ ਸੰਖ ਨਗਾਰੇ ਬਜੇ ॥

Both the armies faced each other and the drums, conches and trumpets sounded.

ਰਾਕਸ ਆਏ ਰੋਹਲੇ ਤਰਵਾਰੀ ਬਖਤਰ ਸੱਜੇ ॥

The demons came in great rage, decorated with swords and armour.

ਜੁਟੇ ਸਉਹੇ ਜੁੱਧ ਨੂੰ ਇਕ ਜਾਤਿ ਨ ਜਾਣਨ ਭੱਜੇ ॥

The warriors were facing the war-front and none of them knows to retrace his steps.

ਖੇਤ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਜੋਧੇ ਗੱਜੇ ॥੭॥

The brave fighters were roaring in the battlefield.7.

This Dohra is right before the battle began. Here Dasam Guru is writing that after Durga agreed to fight the Rakshas she lead the Devtas to battle. In this Dohra, it is stated that both the armies were facing each other.

Firstly i want to thank you jonny bhaji, as your post above made me get out my teeka of SriDasam Granth and read through the banis concerned, which brought me immense pleasure to read, as it has been a long time since I have read it. Thank you very much.

Right in the 1st Chandi bani, Chandi Charitr Ukti bILAS, Guru Ji says that Chandi alone went to kill Mahishasur, in the 2nd battle between Chandi, and Sumbh and Nisumbh, and his asurs, Chandi is alone, with the exception of Kali Ma, when fighting Raktbij.

in 2nd Chandi Bani, Guru Ji says she is as above.

In the Vaar Sri Bhaugati Ji Ki, it says as above that both armies faced each other. further on in pauri 23, Guru Ji writes that "both armies came prepared for war...

So in the 3rd Bani, Guru Ji is now describing her as having some kind of army with her.

I tell you what, this thread has all the SS heavy hitters contributing to it, doesn't it? It's like the Royal Rumble but a Sikh, intellectual version. Let's see who is the last Singh standing!

brilliant.

Also it was not preordained for Baba Buddha Ji to be Guru, but the same can't be said about Sri Chand because his latter actions show that Sri Chand wanted to be the Guru...

The point is, and Bhai Gurdas Ji makes this point as well, the same point that Guru Nanak Dev Ji made to the Brahmans, is that you dont get something automatically by being born into a particular varan, jati or dharam. Baba Sri Chands only fault was that, he thought being the son of Guru Nanak Dev Ji entitled him to something, that Guru Nanak Dev Ji wanted him to earn.

Firstly i want to thank you jonny bhaji, as your post above made me get out my teeka of SriDasam Granth and read through the banis concerned, which brought me immense pleasure to read, as it has been a long time since I have read it. Thank you very much.

Right in the 1st Chandi bani, Chandi Charitr Ukti bILAS, Guru Ji says that Chandi alone went to kill Mahishasur, in the 2nd battle between Chandi, and Sumbh and Nisumbh, and his asurs, Chandi is alone, with the exception of Kali Ma, when fighting Raktbij.

in 2nd Chandi Bani, Guru Ji says she is as above.

In the Vaar Sri Bhaugati Ji Ki, it says as above that both armies faced each other. further on in pauri 23, Guru Ji writes that "both armies came prepared for war...

So in the 3rd Bani, Guru Ji is now describing her as having some kind of army with her.

But the quote I gave from Chandi di Vaar, it is not Puari 23 but Pauri 7 and this is describing the scene right before both sides began fighting. So I stand corrected.