Has JK Rowling enraged Sikhs ?

sanjsingh

According to SGPC leaders she has.

Her new book mentions a boy in a class room making comments about Sikh girl

"One of the characters, Fats, describes Sukhvinder, his classmate, as ‘mustachioed, yet large-mammaried’, adding that ‘scientists remain baffled by the contradictions of the hairy man-woman’."

I know name calling like that can cause upset to a Sikh person but isn't that the reality of the world? People will make fun of others who stand out and a turbanned Sikh girl with facial hair stands out more than others. IMO this story helps discuss issues and shouldn't just be ignored to avoid controversy.

Read more here,

http://www.dailymail...dult-novel.html

Also check out Balpreet Kaurs comment here

http://www.guardian....wling-misplaced

why enraged? why even upset? Maybe thankful? for bringing out an issue that needs to be addressed....its not like SHE is making fun, but we ALL know that bullying is a problem...and it happens to everyone.

We see how the pic put on fb of the Kaur with the facial hair started out, making fun, but it ended with strength and love...we must first address the issue, then love has a chance to surround the issue and fix it

I may be flying off the handle here, but just look at the massacre in 1984, I wasn't born yet, but do you think I ever heard of it here in America?

I never even heard of a sikh before about a year ago...I asked why and was told that the Indian government doesn't want people to know what happened or the world might have pity on the Sikhs....don't know if this is right, but it sounds right to me. Sounds like the usual government cover up style conspiracy

THE SPGC SHOULD BE FOCUSING ON FIGHTING THEIR OWN BATTLES LIKE GETTING JUSTICE FOR 84 AND WORKING ON RELEASING THE INNCOCENT SINGHS THAT ARE STILL IN PRISON WITH NO CHARGES ON THEM/ ALSO JUSTICE FOR SAHEED BHAI JASPAL SINGH) AND LEAVE SMALL ISSUES LIKE THIS ALONE ....... AARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!! BUNCH OF CLOWN HIDE WHEN SOMETHING SERIOUS HAPPENS BUT THINK THEY ARE CHAMPIONS PICKING ON A FEMALE AUTHOR !!!!!!!!

OMG !!!!! Since when did we all become so analytical !!!!! As if Corrupt Lying Makkar is whiter than white !!!!! JK Rowling has highlighted some valid points about how Sikh Bibiyan are percieved in western culture !!!! Give her a break.... In her interview she has clearly said how beautiful Sikhi is !! Maybe Makkar is the one who is RSS agent, after all he did welcome the arrest of Bittu !!