confused

Guest harpreet

Guest harpreet

i met this guy 2 years ago. We both love each other and family knows that too and have no problem with our relation. We both r sikhs. He is not blessed with amrit though but i m. We had s*x before I was amritdhaari but i continued it twice even after being an amritdhaari. It's a bajhar kurehet and i know i m no longer an amritdhaari. Also, I m 20 and he is 21. We cant get married yet because we r not settled enough to get married. I honestly dont want to do peshi but i have asked for forgiveness like 1000 times from guru sahib. and have done lots and lots of paaths till now. I am very confused. I m no longer an amrithdhaari? no logic of wearing 5Ks? no logic of doing nitnem? I have loads of shardha in my heart but i m just scared of being embarrassed and i just dont wanna do peshi but i can do paaths no matter how many. It was me who asked for S*x, he didnt. i shared this thing with him too and he said guru maharaj to maafi manglo. but i dont know if thats enough. I swear not to do this anymore but for my past actions to be erased, war should i do?

bhull chukk maaf

wjkk wjkf

Guest bhoot-prait

I am sorry to tell this to you sis, but peshi is the only way to redeem yourself. Don't worry, the Panj Pyaare aren't going to kill you, although they will prescribe some sort of "tough penance" as a means of redemption from this transgression. Please state to them all that you've typed here, and then leave it to them. Its better to get punished from them than from Jamdoots and Dharam Raaj. I would strongly advise you to pesh as soon as possible and beg for forgiveness. You can plead with them and apologize as much as you want to, I am sure they will understand and will forgive and bless you, but don't delay, go for it. The fact that you're feeling guilty suggests that Guru Sahib still wants you back, so don't keep Him waiting :)

Guest Just a guy

Amritdharis these days have become a joke, they can do everything under the sun but its ok if they go pesh. Somehow it makes it all ok. What if you dont marry this guy then what? what about your future husband what will he think that his wife slept with other guys

Guest bhoot-prait

Amritdharis these days have become a joke, they can do everything under the sun but its ok if they go pesh. Somehow it makes it all ok. What if you dont marry this guy then what? what about your future husband what will he think that his wife slept with other guys

Veer, what you say could be true, but please lets not make it any more harder for bhenji than it already is? The guilt is something she will have to live with forever, however, if she does pesh, lets hope Guru Sahib will do kirpa, forgive her and then she can start her GurSikh life afresh. May she marry the same guy, but if its not in her karams and she marries someone else, may he be accepting and forgiving just like Guru Sahib is.

If he loved and respected Sikhi he wouldn't have taken it so far as well, but ultimately you should have also known where to draw the line. So, now you have to fight your internal battle and decide if you really want a Gursikh jeevan which means you need discipline or you simply just want to carry on with the guilty feeling of letting yourself down. Asking for "forgiveness" is meaningless unless you know what you really want your life to be based around...At this stage, I don't think you know...whats to say this will not happen again?

The best thing to do is grow up, face up to your responsibilities, get married and start a Sikhi life together (if Sikhi is that important to you). If you guys remain in the current relationship then you'll just end up doing things you keep regretting.

All diverting in rtuals and stuff.. SO bad ... Really so BAD! You think because you did apologize and did Path or nitnem you are cleaned? <banned word filter activated>? WHERE is our Sikhi going? Where does we differ from Muslims who go to mekka to let them erase all their Sins...? Let the guilt go and live with it LEARN About your faults and actions that what makes A SIKH A SIKH (LEARNER). I maybe sound rude and harsh but it is the truth! WHat is the use of "Path" if you dont understand contemplante and listen to what Guru Ji says? THis is useless ritual and ritual has no place in Sikhi. You are still amritdhari and I hope you learnt out of your mistakes... Just keep in mind that if you are going to married tell the partner who ever might it be that your are no more virgin, this would be fair you know?

Paji, nowadays it is hard to find good Panj Pyarees, yes you are right with the concept, but you need to understand that this is a women, and all people get mad and crazy if a women sleep s with a man and stuff. They dont empathize. They declare them as sluts and all that stuff , you understand the viewpoint now?