Naam Simran - PLZ HELP!!!!!!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Gur Piari Sangat,

I need your help. i've been told to do naam simran by alot of people if i wish to learn and follow Sikhi. i try to do it but i don't succeed. i mean, i will remember stuff like homeworks, assigments, projects, laundary, movies and everything and anything in this world the minute i start simran.

this makes me so guilty and helpless :lol: @ . i don't know what to do.

sometimes i try to say 'Wahe' when i inhale and 'guru' when i exhale. or 'Satnam' when i inhale and 'Waheguru' when i exhale.

Please give me (a stupid manmukh ohmy.gif ) some tips so that i can recite Gur Shabd too.

i am not even regular with paath and this makes me feel so guilty. like when i drive to school, i prefer to listen to Gurbani. but sometimes (happening alot these days), i jus put bhangra or other songs. i feel so stupid.

plz all pajis and phenjis, help me out here. i've solely joined this forum to learn sikhi and be a gursikh. there aren't many gursikhs around me. u guys all i have. sorry for all the whining.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Bro....Doing Simran is very hard......aukhun aukha sacha naam....but just keep trying.....u can start by doing simran while doing everything...like doing it during ur daily routine (whether it be gym, laundry whatever).... at first its so hard but as they say practice makes perfect.....so when u keep sayin wahegure waheguru in ur mind....after a while ur mind begins to accept it. slowly.......its tough out there.....all of us are slaves to the different temptations :lol: .......this gurmukh use i met told me that the mind is the perfect disciple....its doing its job so perfectly of keeping us binded to the world and worldly thoughts......soo why can't we also try to do our job.....the job we came here for...since everything else is secondary and in the end its just guruji that matters......anyways hope i haven't said anything wrong....but don't lose hope...we all in this together.......and check this shabd out..i just happened to come across it a few minutes ago...oh yeah and u can do a search on naam jaap...its been discussed loads of times ......

jis neech ka-o ko-ee na jaanai

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Beleive me or not....but ARDASS is very very powerful....

Do ardass to guru ji before simran and thank god after simran.

NEVER QUIT. human body has accumulated filth of lots of "janams"....so its hard for it to get "connected" to its source(God) in a very short time.Give urself some time.But remember "DO NOT QUIT".Sometimes it takes times....be patient.

Also, listen to gurbani as much as u can.Try understanding meaning of gurbani.

Just my 2 cents.

I find reading something inspiring before sitting down to do simran would really help. Read Gurbani (or an english translation) or Sikh history and learn about the shaheeds and all that they sacrificed. Or read Sant jeevans.

Getting into simran is tough. But keep in mind that your mind has been repeating worldly stuff in itself for a long time. You trained it to do that. Now you are trying to switch to simran and it's resisting. I guess you trained it pretty well. What this means is that once your mind starts to get into the simran and further from the worldly stuff it's going to be a lot easier for you to do simran, so it's a positive thing. Kind of like how when you're riding your bike and the tires slip into some grooves in the dirt. It's very easy to move along those grooves, but much more difficult to get out!

One thing that I found really worked well is to go for a walk and say waheguru when the foot comes down or some similar method. I found it easier to concentrate than when sitting down b/c walking was my mala and it involved my whole body. Make sure you get regular satsangat.

It will happen if you keep trying. It just takes time so no need to get frustrated.