Is it me, my karma, or how it was supposed to be?

Singh23

Why are you feeling so down? With Guru Ji's Kirpa you seem to be on the right track. Doing path, access to sangat, good education and you are only 21. With kirpa there is still a lot of life ahead to do more Path, sewa and learnGurbani. You have not ruined your life and if you continue along the right track and remain humble everything will work out. Remember it is not necessarily the amount of time that you have been a Sikh or been following Gurbani that is the main factor (although the more you do the better) but how much love and faith you put into following the words of Guru Ji and putting them into practice in real life.

Sach Kahon Sun Leho Sabhai Jin Prem Kio Tin Hi Prabh Paio.

Always have faith, do ardas and things will work out. Some verses from Sukhmani Sahib (Astpadi 11):

Parabh bhaavai maanukh gat paavai.

Parabh bhaavai taa paathar taraavai.

Parabh bhaavai bin saas tay raakhai.

Parabh bhaavai taa har gun bhaakhai.

Parabh bhaavai taa patit uDhaarai.

Aap karai aapan beechaarai.

Duhaa siri-aa kaa aap su-aamee.

Khaylai bigsai antarjaamee.

Jo bhaavai so kaar karaavai.

Naanak daristee avar na aavai. ||2||

Repeating God's name even Ajaamal and Ganika were liberated within minutes. It is all God's will.

I find that leaving the world is the best idea but you have to stay in the world to accomplish wahegurus goals.

To tell you the truth i could care less if you were a phd or some heart surgeon.What i am looking from you is how much bani you have or knowledge of waheguru.Schools are traps and take you away from waheguru.

suix pwfy ikAw ilKhu jMjwlw ]

Listen, O Pandit, O religious scholar, why are you writing about worldly debates?

sun paaday ki-aa likhahu janjaalaa.

ilKu rwm nwm gurmuiK gopwlw ]1] rhwau ]

As Gurmukh, write only the Name of the Lord, the Lord of the World. ||1||Pause||

likh raam naam gurmukh gopaalaa. ||1|| raha

Guest dasguruka

You're set man. Focus on what you do have. Stop worrying about the future. Consider yourself a puppet and stop expecting anything. You're set bro. Just take 5-10 minutes and appreciate everything you do have.

Put a positive spin on it: I wasted all these years, but no longer. From now on I will do my best. Whatever happened in the past is done ( and was ur fault, In my opinion if we do anything bad or worthless, then it was cause of free will and is our fault, but is we do something good, like seva, it was a blessing). Now you have to make sure, how many years of life are left, you do not waste.

P.S. Thanks for the post, it was a wake up call, i have the procrastinating problem as well, n thought, i'll become disciplined in the future, but i didn't reckon on the regret/guilt..........Thanks again.

Nothing is wasted ever. If you think you have wasted your life chasing some false rainbows then you have in fact been learning all along.

We move with the factor of time across this world ocean and we can ONLY GAIN as we porgress along.

Even if we swim in the wrong direction, we are still gainiing and not losing.

The lord does not punish or judge you differently in the way you experience your swim across.

karma is not given to you by the guru, it is something that you create for your self through repeated actions in this life and from past lives. you can improve your karma through seva, simran, and sadhsangat. a good organisation system helps a lot. i find that if the first thing i do in the day is good productive work, it sets the tone for the day to be productive. but if i check email first, or facebook etc, then its an uphill battle. there are also shabads that you can recite that will help get rid of laziness.