Ponty Chadha Shooting

JasSinghKhalsa

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/ponty-chadha-death-brother-hardeep-fired-first-say-police-293897?pfrom=home-lateststories

I wonder if people have gone through this news.

Why I posted on Sikhsangat forum? This was a highly affluent SIKH family, "KUDAMS" of Sarna's (Paramjeet singh Sarna - DSGMC).

I heard Chadha's used to supply muscle power to SARNA's (this is just word of mouth news).

Chadha's also the sole distributor of liquor in UP, and a major liquor supplier to Sarna's in DSGMC elections.

Just last week in DSGMC Office - Gurudwara Rakab Ganj Sahib, we saw muscle power of Sarna's.

Both brothers shot down on the same day - firing on each other - firing done by body guards.

Interesting analysis which is building up is - Is this really a property dispute shoot out or some interesting SIKH politics behind this to target the supply of muscle-man/liquor supply in the forthcoming DSGMC elections, something like "pehlaan Sarna's de pillars UKHADO". Is somebody else behind this shootout? Is this connected to forthcoming DSGMC elections?

Any death is sad but when the Chadha guy was also a major player in the liquor trade in Punjab and has been responsible for the destruction of countless lives while he makes money out of people's misery then I can only think that he got his just desserts. Imagine getting killed over a few acres while apparently his yearly income was 6000 crore rupees!

Yes this guy massively increased the amount of alcohol stores in Punjab with the full support of politicians and the Police. The alcohol vends have also become distribution points for the drugs trade resulting in 70% of youth in the Punjab being hooked on drugs. (Sangat TV showed a film where this is now independently verified). By 2015 it is estmated this could rise to near 100% of youth on drugs. The physical , mental and family breakdown on the youth has been huge.

This area like human rights has again been avoided by most Sikhs

I don't get it......... Having visited India recently, i don't think that the alcohol supply is that great (compared to where I'm from),

I mean like <banned word filter activated>? it's not like this guy's shop owners were going around house to house forcing their stuff down peoples throats.......

Us Punjabi's are so fickle and blame stuff on everyone else but ourselves.

The fact of the matter is most punjabi's are diehard alcoholics and drug addicts, if there wasn't a ponty Chada some other Fu*er would have been in his place to cater for the demand.

What i want to know is what kind of measures are the government taking in terms of educating kids at youth level about the dangers of alcohol and drug abuse.....

Education is the best way to deal with this problem so our future generations don't keep getting involved in this alcohol and drug abuse lifestyle cycle.....

Trust me it's not just a issue in punjab, alot of places in this world have problems with binge drinking and drug abuse.

I guess for us Sikhs this stuff shouldn't be a problem as Guru Sahib Educated us to stay away from these things, i think these problems just shows how far most of youth in Punjab have come away from Sikhi and now are being paid their just rewards.......

^^ It doesn't work that way. Corporations like Chadha's mend/bend all rules with bribes/manpower in order to expand their business. They have all government regulators in their pockets, so it is their fault of running business without any ethics.

As per government rule, liquor store cannot sell anything to a person under 18 yrs old age. Do chadha and others implement such rule? Never ever. They are enabler !

Government job is to regulate lic. permits, age check etc. But these people buy them to save money and time.

Chadha brothers and their father were once street hawkers and with latest event it shows that old habit of showing true colors does not easily go away.

^^ It doesn't work that way. Corporations like Chadha's mend/bend all rules with bribes/manpower in order to expand their business. They have all government regulators in their pockets, so it is their fault of running business without any ethics.

As per government rule, liquor store cannot sell anything to a person under 18 yrs old age. Do chadha and others implement such rule? Never ever. They are enabler !

Government job is to regulate lic. permits, age check etc. But these people buy them to save money and time.

Chadha brothers and their father were once street hawkers and with latest event it shows that old habit of showing true colors does not easily go away.

At least in punjab they do have some regulations which limit number of dekhas in certain areas, which leads to so called bribes/manpower to run their business over the other competitors in that area.

The thing is if this Chadda guy hadn't run that store then someone else would have opened one in their place.

And if we Ban liquor altogether (prohibition) this will lead to nothing but increase in criminal black market as with what happened back in the day when there was prohibiton in America.

Out here in the west liquor stores can't sell to minors either (under 18's), but people still find ways to go around this rule......... it's the same stuff happening everywhere.

Liquir store permits are meant to be brought aren't they, and i don't think there would be many things stopping someone to get a permit.

Anyways when all is said and done, the man buying and drinking the stuff is at fault of drinking it - no one else.

What we need to do as a society is to educate our people about these problems and the effects it has on oneself and their families and society in general.

Being Sikh this shouldn't be a issue cuz if you are a sikh you would know that intoxicants are a big no no Guru Sahib taught us this centuries ago.

We the punjabi people are fuelling this booming liquor business in punjab no one else.

anothe Update - http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/ponty-chadha-death-mystery-deepens-294201?pfrom=home-topstories

Ponty Chadha death: Mystery deepens

Reported by Tanima Biswas and Alok Pandey, Edited by Surabhi Malik | Updated: November 19, 2012 16:05 IST

Ponty295.jpg

New Delhi: The mystery over the shootout that led to the death of liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep has deepened. It was earlier believed that the Saturday encounter between the two brothers was sparked off by Mr Chadha's alleged attempt to lock up the Chhattarpur farmhouse that he and his brother Hardeep had a dispute over. But now a man close to the family has rejected this theory.

Paramjeet Singh Sarna, who is the brother of Hardeep's father-in-law, has told NDTV that there was no property dispute between the brothers. He claims he mediated between the two earlier and had resolved all outstanding property disputes between them. Mr Sarna also said he does not believe a dispute over the farmhouse, where the shooting took place, was the trigger for the killings.

Meanwhile, a forensic team reached the farmhouse today to continue their investigation and reconstruct the sequence of events that they believe led to the shootout. While several people have been questioned by the police in connection with this case, no arrests have been made so far.

Most Recent

Also See

Mr Chadha and his estranged brother were cremated on Sunday after confusion over his post-mortem which was conducted twice as some bullets were left in his body. The shootout happened on Saturday around 1 pm. Mr Chadha suffered 15 bullet wounds and Hardeep four.

According to the police, Mr Chadha, whose real name is Gurdeep, visited the farmhouse at around 10.30 am on Saturday with his friend Sukhdev Singh, who heads the Uttarakhand Minorities Commission.

Mr Chadha, 55, allegedly asked his men to dab black paint over the farmhouse board carrying Hardeep's name. An enraged Hardeep, investigators said, got a wind of this and rushed to the farmhouse from Noida around noon.

Police said Hardeep first ran into Mr Chadha's aide Narender at the farmhouse gates and shot him. He then fired several shots at Mr Chadha and his SUV, using his licenced 9-mm pistol.

Mr Singh told the police that Hardeep then turned the gun on him and fired twice, following which his personal security officer Sachin Tyagi from the Uttarakhand police opened fire in retaliation.

Mr Tyagi has been detained, but the police are yet to arrest him.

The police have registered a murder and attempt to murder case. Another case of trespassing and kidnapping has been registered on the complaint of Hardeep's aide Nandlal, who told the police that Mr Chadha, after arriving at the farmhouse, confined him and some other employees to a room.

Fifteen people are being questioned in the case; call records of Mr Chadha are also being checked.

The three Chadha brothers - Ponty, Hardeep and Rajinder - were jointly managing the estimated Rs. 6,000-crore Wave Inc, formerly the Chadha Group, which has diverse business interests in fields ranging from distilleries, multiplexes, sugar to paper mills.

Mr Chadha was thought to have been close to several prominent politicians. He hit the headlines in February this year when income tax officials conducted searches at his premises in Delhi, Noida, Moradabad and Lucknow.