So..... how did this meat eating thing start and how should I edit the portion to make it more Gurmat like. I am sure there has been milavat in these historical granths. Giani Gian Singh's Naveen Panth Prakash states Baba Deep Singh Ji did Havan. Shoot me if don't agree with anyones views on "the evils of Singh Sabha" but I just cannot buy the Havan bit. What sources do Damdami Taksal and all these other mahapurakhs use?

This is also from the same chapter 20 of PPP. My link posted above to the main story is preceded by this within that same chapter.

The Guru accompnied by the two Pathan brothers had come from Chamkaur to the village of Machhiwara. Guruji was left on the outskirts whilst the brothers entered the village to call upon the Khatri Gulab Chand.

Guruji then stayed at this person's house as a safehouse after Gulab Chand served him some food whilst he was still outside the village and entered only after nightfall. A couple of Singhs also came to stay at the Guru's behest.

One day the Guru ordered some goats and told the Singhs to jhatka them. The Guru also ate the meat that was thus prepared and threw the bones into the neighbour's yard. The neighbour was a Muslim who abused his Khatri neighbour for throwing his left overs in his yard. At this Gulab Chand became fearful and begged the Guru that as he was a poor man of meagre means, the Muslim neighbour may arouse suspicion enough for the Mughal authorities to come and know that Gulab Chand was sheltering the Guru. Gulab Chand said he would undoubtedly be put to death along with his whole family.

Guruji then threw coins into the Muslim neighbour's yard. The neighbour being thus placated, would keep his silence.

The guru stayed at this house for ten days before the next part of the story which goes on to the Uch ka Pir episode.

in kirpan bhet gurdwara they give meat for eating because they are muslim and guru ji was in the uch da peer libaas, so they offer the meat. i think. please go to the machhiwara, and kirpaan bhet gurdwara is also the nihang chhauni, i discuss this topic with the nihang singh in kirpaan bhet gurdwara. i read the history of the gurdwara which is written in the gurdwara on the board , the muslim offered the meat. the sikh said ''peer sahib ne roje rakhe han'' but the asked to guru , what we do,we don't eat this meat. guru said to kirpan bhet in meat, and says ,'' tav parsaad bharm ka naas''

Guest dasguruka

Rattan Singh Bhangu & Kavi Santokh Singh must also be wrong..... Your right tho because your a 'proper' Sikh

I could be wrong too! but I'll still stick with my beliefs towards the Guru!

Who to believe? The grandson of people who lived in Guru Ji's time and a man who was raised in a Sikh country and by Khalsa standards and no foreign influence - or today's Sikhs who grow up in Christian and Hindu countries and commit blasphemy by mutilating Gurbani to suit their own agendas?

Hmm, that's a hard one.