Science of Amrit Vela

SikhSeeker

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

What are the reason sscientific or otherwise to wake up and do Naam Simran at AmritVela? I am not disagreeing with AmritVela I would just like to know how is it more beneficial than getting up at 11am for example. Someone once told me because its quieter in the morning to do Simran, is it more than that? I also heard that certain parts of your body vibrate at certain times and this is also why. As you can tell I am neither knowledgeable nor scientific in any way so your help will be much appreciated

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

What are the reason sscientific or otherwise to wake up and do Naam Simran at AmritVela? I am not disagreeing with AmritVela I would just like to know how is it more beneficial than getting up at 11am for example. Someone once told me because its quieter in the morning to do Simran, is it more than that? I also heard that certain parts of your body vibrate at certain times and this is also why. As you can tell I am neither knowledgeable nor scientific in any way so your help will be much appreciated

Alot of experiments have been carried out which measure brain activity, infact they have been happening since the early 1900's, one by a French Scientists, who carried out an experiment on a Yogi in the north of India, he wanted to record the activity of the brain whilst the Yogi was in Samadhi.

In recent times alot more research has been done into brain activity. I think I saw a programme on Discovery where they were monitoring the activity of the brain when it sleeps, to find out if the brain goes to sleep.

However Amrit Vela and brainwave activity is something as far as I know has not been done in recent years, especially with all the advancements in science we have now. I actually wouldn't mind sponsoring such a study as it would be interesting to see what happens.

As far as I am aware, the reasons are quite simple. A scientific reason is merely a proven reason and we have examples of this infront of us. If you want to do an test on yourself, do the following. 1. Wake up at Amrit Vela for 1 week, meaning every day, have your bath and sit down and meditate. 2. Then do the same but meditate during the afternoon. 3. Then do it again in the evening.

I would say, do it for at least 2 weeks, as the first couple of days are just testing the water and yourself and the mind needs time to adjust.

Then please tell us the results.

I find meditating at Amrit vela to be better for me. However its been a long time since I have done it. :o(

There are other reasons for this too. Its when the majority of brain activity around your is the most quitest. On a subconsious level we are very active, some acient shamans believe that we are in constant contact with each other without our knowledge.

So in a country like India, where 90% of the population sleeps, you have very little brain activity to disturb you on a subconsious level.

Also, what I don't get is that Buddhist Monks are up for part taking in Scientific experiments, like the most recent ones (link given below).

However I am always hearing this person is a BrahmGyani, this person is a Sant, etc. Why don't they take part in these experiments. What have they got to loose??? Now please don't say, its against marayada of the 12th century of the mountain people...

Think about it, I would pay from my own pocket to have a study conducted on a proper Brahmgyani.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12661646

If you try it and get up between 2am and 4am and do naam simran, you will feel the 'magic' as I like to call it.

Myself and many others have tried doing simran at other times throughout the day, but no time is ever the same as amrit vela.

I used to think that it doesn't really matter because you have to find the time that suits your lifestyle ans workstyle. ie people that work nights for example.

However, I can now guarantee that this is the time that Guru Nanak Dev ji tells us about.

It is definetly the heavenly time.

ਫੇਰਿਕਿਅਗੈਰਖੀਐਜਿਤੁਦਿਸੈਦਰਬਾਰੁ

Fer kė agai rakẖī▫ai jiṯ ḏisai ḏarbār.

Fer ke agai rakhai jit desai darbar

muho ke bolan boliai jit sun dhare pyar

Amrit vela sach nou vidayie vichaar

Then, what should be placed before His where-by His court may be seen?

ਮੁਹੌ ਕਿ ਬੋਲਣੁ ਬੋਲੀਐ ਜਿਤੁ ਸੁਣਿ ਧਰੇ ਪਿਆਰੁ ॥

Muhou kė bolaṇ bolī▫ai jiṯ suṇ ḏẖare pi▫ār.

Which words should we utter with our mouths by hearing which, He may begin to bear us love?

<a class="dict" href="http://www.srigranth...;ਿਤ ਵੇਲਾਸਚੁਨਾਉਵਡਿਆਈਵੀਚਾਰੁ

Amriṯ velā sacẖ nā▫o vadi▫ā▫ī vīcẖār.

Early in the morning utter the True Name and reflect upon God's greatness.

The shabad above tells me that what can a pappi like me offer and give to the lord. You know we all want to be forgiven for all the mistakes we have made and make.

The shabad simply says that there are NO offerings that we can make, but what we can do is make an effort to wake up. Yes, just wake up and remember by uttering his name.- That's ALL he asks for what I can offer.

Therefore, I find that if I can't even be bothered to make an effort to get out of the rajai at that heavenly time, then how dare I ask for all the peace and joys in this world !!!!

You MUST do it, which is why it is part of rehat.