What Is The World Comming To..."Modern Sikhs"

Singh Jee

perhaps so..., but please answer this If that is so, then he shouldn't even do padth from a Gutkaa, right? because he cannot sit down on the floor. Respect is equally given to the Guru Granth Sahib and the Gutkaa of 5 banees. Now this person because of his physical condition cannot sit down on teh floor to do padth. So he should just stop doing padth?? So a Chair has become an obstacle between guru and his sikh. A Chair. Please provide a Solution to his problem, i am all ears.

I am not saying you are wrong, but make me understand your p.o.v.. ..for al i know i am tottaly wrong in this.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://community.webshots.com/photo/133737...135807710UHVqOW

http://community.webshots.com/photo/133737...135804764aTjHGb

Once I saw on TV a wedding between a white American male and a Punjabi Sikh girl that took place both in the Gurdwara and church. Out of respect for Sikhism, the American gentleman grew his beard for some days and looked much better with a turban. Later on when the ceremony was to held in the church, he shaved off some of it and kept a goti (or French as some would call it). Now thats still better than what this guy did. Why? Coz its one of Guru Gobind Singh Jee's hukams not to give your daughter to a cleanshaven ! ( don't believe me? go here and check number 38 ) It wouldn't harm him if he grew his beard for a couple of days for the Anand Karaj ceremony. Loads of monnay do that, although the correct translation of the Hukam would be not to give your daughter to a haircut!!

And correct me if I am wrong, but I thought printed turbans were against the Rehit :T: . I understand that they had to go through both Hindu and Sikh ceremonies, but he could have done what this American did. Keep the beard temporarily for Anand Karaj and then shave it if you want

to for your Hindu style. I know now some are gonna jump on me saying "Hindu-Sikh marriage isn't allowed". Well go and get them for that, not me! I am just making a suggestion based on something better I saw on TV. And yes, one of the rehits does mention that Sikhs need to marry among themselves only. If these guys think they know better, well, "good" for them!

A gutkaa saahib isn't the same as Sri guru granth saahib jee. It's gurbanee and is fully respected, but not the same as maharaj dee veer. We don't do sukhasan of a gutkaa and don't do prakash of a gutkaa on a manjee, or chor saahib over it. So it makes no sense to say that if someone is unable to sit at maharaj dee tabia, that they then can't use a gutkaa. Respect of Sri Guru Granth Saahib Jee is absolutely neccessary in the Sikh Panth. Sitting on a chair like that goes against the sikh tenets.

Actually, pretty much everything about that wedding goes against the sikh tenets. It's sad that the panth has gotten to such a point that such disrepect for guru saahib takes place openly. You can go to any gurdvara on the weekend and witness a wedding and you'll find similar manmat (except the chair thing, that's something I've never seen before). The first priority should be respect for Guru Saahib. Comittees should have set rules that are explained to people wanting to get married in a gurdvara. You either follow the rules or find another place for the wedding. There should be no compromise when it comes to gurmat or respect of Guru Saahib. Everyone should take an active role in ensuring proper respect to guru saahib. Talking to gurdvara prabhandaks about having set rules is a start.

i'm not really that consirned about the wedding pics besides the fact that he has a kirpan (why the fudge would u fake sommin thats so dear 2 guru ji), they took guru sahib 2 a hall, and the worst what realllly peaved me is that, how can a mortal sit on a chair(no matter of medical condtion) while doing seva of satguru? hows that possible, tha's blasphemy 2 the max. If u have a condtion like that dont' do the seva, its just as good if u sit back and absorb the bani.

HOLLY COWZERZ

Pheena what the <admin-profanity filter activated> r u thinking

Guest SikhForLife

so when u read SGGS on the internet..

a virtul saroop of GuruJi.. (bani guru guru hai bani)

do u sit on the floor?

lets not be too quick to judge this individual... he may have a medical condition as veerji mentioned.. and if he doesnt.. then well .. hes disrespecting the sangat and Guruji

OK I THINK MOST OF YOU ARE GOING MAD OR SOME THING THE PROBLEM IS THAT THIS PERSON AS TAKEN GURU JEE TO A HALL.

WHICH IS NOT ALLOWED !!!!!! HE COULD SIT ON THE FLOOR AND STAND UP THATS NOT THE PROBLEM THE PROBLEM IS GURU JEE AS BEEN TAKEN TO A HALL.

WE ALL NEED TO SUPPORT THE Respect for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Campaign

:( :lol: i dont tink that the bajurg (elderly) man sitting on the chair, is doing any disrespect to Guru ji. You cant beleive everything we see even if its a high res pic. Like its already been said , that the man might have a medical condition.

Our Guru ji's never asked to be seated high above everyone. All 11 Guru ji;s are/were very Humble.

Respect deoesnt mean sitting on floor or chair, it means doing seva of guru ji with "tan, man"

Dont u guys remember the sakhi of singhs who skipped going to the diwan to goto a Mela or something and others went to the Deewan. The Singhs who went to the Deewan kept thinking we shud have gone to the mela, whilst the one who were at the mela kept their mind of Guru ji and felt ashamed. So sikhi isnt about just physical form, its about Spiritual.

People think that by getting married twice ( ur partner's religious way and ur own ) they are respecting their partner's belief when its actually insulting them. That is the disrespect that we need to stop, how can someone just use Guru ji for half an hour like that.

I see more wrong, look at the link, who put the pic up.

Sikh ceremony

reciting from the book

that disrespectful again. Guru ji can NEVER be refered to as a book. maff karna but this is wrong, y cause No.1 guru ji is being taken to another hall, where has respect been maintained, etc. looks like a banquiting suite.

No2. Guru ji is placecd on a high platform to show respect this perrson makes it look like hes equal.If they put the palki on a platform, what i think, they shud have made a platform he can sit on.

to me i can think of 2 very good reasons why the elderly man is sitting on a chair:

1) which many ppl have stated: medical condition

2)where else is he spposed to sit n recite the sri guru granth sahib, sitting on the floor would mean the the guru granth sahib is way too high for it to be looked at n recited

as for so called hindu-sikh marriage, well the guy is a clear mona and the girl looks noway into sikhi so what u all bitching at, how are they supposed to know what is right and wrong. not every1 is as educated about the principles of sikhi