Picture

Guest a bit concerned

Bhaji you stated that pictures and paintings you show is the seli we were talking about. Even I was confused. But now it is clear. Seli has nothing to do with those paintings and pictures on sikhiwiki

forget the painting, but the picture of the seli, does not do itr credit, becasue it is a little vague. SAme as the chola of Guru Sahib, i have seen this in person, and seeing it in a photo, doesnt give it the same sparkle.

I will suggest to cyber sangat, next you go india/panjab, make sure you visit this gurdwara and see for yourself what it is. and take good quality photos and share them with us.

I just cannot imagine sri guru nanak dev ji maharaj coming to this earth (just to check upon his sikhs) wearing woolen seli only to be thrown out of darbar sahib by SGPC task force..lol..

I can. It wouldn't surprise me if we allowed our preconceived notions of what Guru Ji would look like to determine whether someone is the Guru or not.

So it seems there's a difference between a seli and a seli topi. Why do paintings depict Guru Ji in the early days with a topi?

As for pictures, I remember many sakhis about Sikhs who meditated by focussing on an image of Guru Ji in their head. Is this different from having a picture in front of you and doing simran?