Picture

Guest a bit concerned

Didn't Guru Gobind Singh say anyone who wears a hat will die a leper.

hoie isK isr topI DrY ] swq jnm kuStI huie mrY ]

hoe sikh sir ttopee dhharai || saath janam kushattee hue marai ||

He who as a Sikh places a hat on their head; will be reborn seven times as a leper.

I mean a seli topi thing is a hat.

Bhai Nand Lal ji said this. He was a poet in Guru Gobind Singh ji's court.

He wrote this after Guru Gobind Singh ji's hukam to always wear dastaar.

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Seli_Topi

and do a search on the net under "Guru Nanak's seli". theres a lot of info.

You call sikhiwiki reference? I thought you would give some credible source. Who wrote this in sikhiwiki and what is his/her cridibility? Can I edit the information is given on there? And where is it written that our Guru Sahib wore it on their dastaar? You are pulling things from the air and pasting them as facts? Give some good reference.

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Seli_Topi'>http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Seli_Topiand do a search on the net under "Guru Nanak's seli". theres a lot of info.

Brother that is not really a great reference piece! Also I would hope that we don't just use a google search for our reference sources, because it now seems that he who can populate the Internet with nonsense and lies seems to be the one who gains in mind share.

i just did a search on sikhi wiki, cos i needed a little time to go through some janamsakhis, but that is going to take time.

I wouldnt discount the info on the internet per se, as most of it comes from books that are used for reference anyway.

The point that we use when judging the content on the net, generally falls down to whatever we beleive Gurmat or Sikh History to be, and anything that falls outside of our thinking/teaching is automatically beleived to be wrong.

sorry, i just did a search on sikhi wiki, cos i needed a little time to go through some janamsakhis, but that is going to take time.

I wouldnt discount the info on the internet per se, as most of it comes from books that are used for reference anyway.

:) Hope next time we will get some good references which means the writer has some credibility by giving specific references to Janam Sakhis.