Alan Watts on being God.

Singh559

• 7 months later...

The only flaw I would say about his talks is that he focuses too much on zen buddhism. Buddhism as we known has alot of common features and good teachings that are taught in Sikhism however they lack the all important core tenant of believing in a supreme being the supreme consciousness that dictates everything in creation.

They believe there is no God and they are all that is in the universe. Which does not make sense as we as humans are not God's we can not do superhuman things the God or demi gods can do. Sikhism believes it is the one God (Waheguru) that created everything in creation and we are all part and parcel of that supreme being.

I find alan watts pretty aligned with gyan layer of Gurmat. He does not limit supreme consciousness to universe only but beyond and infinite - pure awareness consciousness awareness bliss, he gives examples from universe as everyone can relate to it and everyone of us/everything is pure awareness consciousness bliss - as in everything- every being there is non dual/advait maha jot. He does not agree with protestant christian version of dualistic/confined version of "god' - god, satan/evil etc ...he believe in supreme consciousness/everyone is same in all- jot is same ..aligned with guru maharaj and sri guru dasam patsah updesh -

Sabh mėh jot jot hai soe.

The light of Parmatma (GOD) is residing in every being.
Ŧis dai chanan sab mėh chanan hoi.
The light shines in every heart with the light of Parmatma.
Zeman zaman kai bhikai samasat ek jot hai
na ghat hai n badh hai na ghat badh hot hai ||

I think these days the understanding of oneness has become confused due to so many fake babas misusing it to make their cheley beleive they are GOD and take advantage of them

the thing the cheley don't realise is that if their baba is god then they are God aswell...... so many people kind of steer clear of it as they perceive it to be egotistical to see oneself as God

but in the Gurus eyes it is the ultimate humility, as it is the ultimate sacrifice of the ego, for the self to cease to exist - so only God is left.......

sireeraag ||
Sree Raag:
qohI mohI mohI qohI AMqru kYsw ]
thohee mohee mohee thohee a(n)thar kaisaa ||
You are me, and I am You-what is the difference between us?
knk kitk jl qrMg jYsw ]1]
kanak kattik jal thara(n)g jaisaa ||1||
We are like gold and the bracelet, or water and the waves. ||1||
jau pY hm n pwp krMqw Ahy Anµqw ]
jo pai ham n paap kara(n)thaa ahae ana(n)thaa ||
If I did not commit any sins, O Infinite Lord,
piqq pwvn nwmu kYsy huMqw ]1] rhwau ]
pathith paavan naam kaisae hu(n)thaa ||1|| rehaao ||
how would You have acquired the name, 'Redeemer of sinners'? ||1||Pause||
qum@ ju nwiek AwChu AMqrjwmI ]
thumh j naaeik aashhahu a(n)tharajaamee ||
You are my Master, the Inner-knower, Searcher of hearts.
pRB qy jnu jwnIjY jn qy suAwmI ]2]
prabh thae jan jaaneejai jan thae suaamee ||2||
The servant is known by his God, and the Lord and Master is known by His servant. ||2||
srIru AwrwDY mo kau bIcwru dyhU ]
sareer aaraadhhai mo ko beechaar dhaehoo ||
Grant me the wisdom to worship and adore You with my body.
rivdws sm dl smJwvY koaU ]3]
ravidhaas sam dhal samajhaavai kooo ||3||
O Ravi Daas, one who understands that the Lord is equally in all, is very rare. ||3||
------------------------------------

Since you are part of creator your belief creates your reality. Repeated/sponsring thought bring things to you. In Buddhism there is no SOUL/GOD than how do you experience that. Sikhism basic belief is GOD as the fundamental layer of reality. Sikhism can stand up to any current spiritual new age stuff about quantum physics/consciousness.

N30 singh sahib, if you believe that all one universal oneness type thinking and there is no personal god (the way you keep saying sikhi does not believe in a personal god as christianty) then I feel you haven't read much bani but instead have listened/read to vihcaar which has all this is one consious, god is impersonal type thinking.

Anyone who has read a little bani can clearly see the loving personal relationship between jeev and waheguru i.e. the countless personal loving bentis to waheguru ji in bani, the love-struck praising of waheguru ji in bani.

All the tuks which say god is everywhere and in everything is true, but do not twist this to mean the chair you're sitting on is waheguru. Waheguru is secretly mixed in creation just as you get butter from milk, but this does not make creation god. This is an example of the dangerous extreme left mindset thinking in panth.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is spiritualy lost as per sikhi.

I don't think I need to post the countless gurbani tuks to make my point. Just do a few random searches on sikhitothemax!

Gurbani supports bhakti, shabad surat, and gyan(sab gobind hai sabh gobind hai) layers and blends them beautifully. I never said gurmat is only gyan marg but gyan is one final aspect of gurmat. Gurbani beautifully blends all three (bhakti, shabad surat, atam gyan) in one-gurmukh/bhramgyani/khalsa.....!! There are many examples of great bhagat bhramgyani- gursikhs but one such perfect example is baba budda ji whose hirdae was blossomed with bhramgyan(self realization of real self atma/advait bhramgyan avastha) but despite of bhramgyan - mukho his outer kriya was of true bhagat/ dasan das bhagat who served all 6 guru sahib and sangat in his life time....thats one of sign of gursikhi..!!