pad-chhed

r.singh

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

SOGGS Sahab Ji, the issue is not which script should be universal to writing Gurbani (that should be laridaar), but rather that one should not even attend Gurudwaras or Samagams in which a padd-chhed Saroop of Guru Granth Sahib Ji is present. These Saroops do exist and contain the same Gurbani as the laridaar Saroops. They should be equated full respect as well and should not be reasons for not going to particular Gurudwaras or Samagams.

What's done is done...these Saroops exist and we cannot change that. What can be done is if no further Saroops or Gutkas that are in padd-chhed are procured by Sikhs and the entire community puts forth the demand for laridaar Saroops.

Here's actually a recording (different from the above) of Sant Baba Kartaar Singh Ji giving his views on pad-ched printing of Guru Maharaj Ji's saroops: http://www.rehitmaryada.com/media/audio/Sa...aar_padched.mp3

I advice everyone to listen to it, and especially if you think pad-ched is approved just because it is common because it directly relates to this unrelated logic.

Sant Giani Kartar Singh Jee Bhindrawala clearly says in his Katha on the rehetmaryadha site that “Padshed eh athiant Manah hai” (Padshed is absolutely forbidden).

Near the end Sant Kartar Singh Jee further says:

Padshed, Padgand eh ik manmat hai, eh nahi karni chahidi

(Padshed, padgand is a manmat, it should not be done)

Akhar Judmay rehan danay chahiday nay

(the words should remain attached(laridar))

taksal strongly encourages lareedar saroops

It certainly does since Sant Kartar Singh Jee clearly calls Padshed 'manmat'. As for Matha Teking, we can even matha tek in front of a Gutka as it is bani, but that is not the issue of this debate. The issue is whether or not Padshed should be allowed. Clearly if great men like Sant Kartar Singh Jee calls it 'manmat' and Bhai Randhir Singh Jee calls it 'Maha Manmat' then who are we to argue?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

sant giani gurbachan singh jee khalsa bhindranwale said reading gurbani from pad-chhed saroops is fine but you get ten times more phul from reading from lareevar saroop. im not 100% sure about this but i remember hearing this from someone.

and you are supposed to matha tek to 'ik oankaar'. even if its standing alone. its gurbani. and you're telling me giving matha to a pad-chhed saroop is wrong? puhlease.....thats outta order.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Taksali1 Bhai Sahib, can you please post the audio recording of the veechars of Sant Gurbhachan Singh Ji saying that pad-ched reading is ok? I'll be much thankful and would love providing space for you to host it online if it's already not somewhere.

and to make my stand clear, i'm completly with singh47 on this issue.

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh