AKJ Dasam Granth Kirtan

whats clear is - Prof darshan singh - dhunda, kala afgana has caught all off guard and put all major jathebandi's in an emotive state. And the response from all of them has done nothing about sitting together and discussing and moving towards a common goal on this issue. Instead all groups akj- taksal etc just reacted and got sucked in by darshan singh - dhunda agenda and continue to be so - as we just dont see sense.

What is wrong - is both akj - taksal should have absolute MAD respect for each other - than no issue can stay standing.Sad reality is we are a million miles away as we continue to knit pick like women and divide on every little issue. Due to being like women - we run by charged emotions without any control therefore expose our weakness and continue todo so- May Guru sahib bless us with some kind of love for each other.

I am following the jatha trend for past few years just before ragi darshan episode. Few prominent akj keertanias are responsible for creating a rift in akhand kirtani jatha. Occasional keertania likes of Harpreet Singh who got a good fan base ruined the jatha ekta as he controls and run akj.org, who also monopolized the live streaming of samagams.. He falsely represent and shows himself as the spokesman of jatha (just like the posted pr in above replies). Youth from east coast, west coast and uk are being misled by such people. People will sooner or later come back to senses. I figured it out by being outsider. Taksal as usual stays dormant since 80's on being proactive on such issues.

Parallel parkash does not mean that both granths are being read simultaneously. When parkash of Dasam granth is done, it is done at a lower platform than that of SGGS ji.Palki of Dasam granth sahib is smaller in size than that of SGGS ji. That itself indicates that SGGS has no rival in Dasam Granth sahib.

You have not shown me wherein tarlochan singh wrote that there should be no parkash of Dasam Granth sahib.When queried you just beat about bush by sidetracking the question.

California akhand kirtani jatha who has done a wonderful job in taking on anti Dasam granth brigade in uSA. khalsa panth is proud of such Gursikhs. have not you read what he has written. There are other references provided by me that state the same.

Whom are you kidding here. We know Dhundha came to UK in Nov and visited coventry and was entertained by akj UK.When faced protests akj uk issues a statement defending this heretic in an oblique manner.What does that mean? It shows their anti sikh agenda and disowning Bhai sahib Bhai Randhir singh.

Your first comment doesn't relate to the following pictures, where both SGGS and SDG are parkash on the same takht posh, and being read simultaneuously. Is this not directly inconsistent with the Akal takht Maryada, which states:

c. Placing a pitcher, ceremonial clarified-butter-fed lamp, coconut, etc. around, during the course of the uninterrupted or any other reading of Guru Granth Sahib, or reading of other Scriptural texts side by side with or in the course of such reading is contrary to the gurmat (Guru's way).

post-24695-0-24289000-1356470215_thumb.p

post-24695-0-75288900-1356470252_thumb.j

post-24695-0-82942700-1356470274_thumb.p

post-24695-0-04030700-1356470310_thumb.j

Re: Dr. Trilochan Singh: he states "They have written on the title page "Sri Guru Granth Sahib Dasam Patshahi" which seems to be a distortion of Dasam Patshahi ka Granth which is found on most of the old recensions. This Granth was not installed as a guru so it is wrong to call it Guru Granth." Unless you you think our other granths are equal why would you do parallel parkash?

Whilst I personally am not in favour of Dhunda, he is NOT banned by Akal Takht, and AKJ UK statement was in connection with the hooligans who were trying to blackmail the jathedar and get their own way. before you go ff on one, I have heard with my own ears the jathedar say that he was only advising to cancel the one program to calm the atmosphere and there was NO blanket ban.

Your first comment doesn't relate to the following pictures, where both SGGS and SDG are parkash on the same takht posh, and being read simultaneuously. Is this not directly inconsistent with the Akal takht Maryada, which states:

c. Placing a pitcher, ceremonial clarified-butter-fed lamp, coconut, etc. around, during the course of the uninterrupted or any other reading of Guru Granth Sahib, or reading of other Scriptural texts side by side with or in the course of such reading is contrary to the gurmat (Guru's way).

attachicon.gifphoto 1.PNG

attachicon.gifphoto 5.JPG

attachicon.gifphoto 2.PNG

attachicon.gifphoto 4.JPG

Re: Dr. Trilochan Singh: he states "They have written on the title page "Sri Guru Granth Sahib Dasam Patshahi" which seems to be a distortion of Dasam Patshahi ka Granth which is found on most of the old recensions. This Granth was not installed as a guru so it is wrong to call it Guru Granth." Unless you you think our other granths are equal why would you do parallel parkash?

Whilst I personally am not in favour of Dhunda, he is NOT banned by Akal Takht, and AKJ UK statement was in connection with the hooligans who were trying to blackmail the jathedar and get their own way. before you go ff on one, I have heard with my own ears the jathedar say that he was only advising to cancel the one program to calm the atmosphere and there was NO blanket ban.

You need to know that these photos relate to a few places controlled by puratan jathebandis where parkash of Dasam granth is done from the beginning. They are continuing that. Parkash of Dasam Granth was also done at akal takhata till 1945 but they discontinued after that whereas Nihungs are continuing old practice. Simce it is sacred bani of tenth master i see nothing wrong in that.

Inspite of your repeated efforts to malign name of Tarlochan singh for advising against parkash, you have failed to provide a reference. Tarlochan singh writes about mistakes committed by Printer Gulab singh where in they write on certain printed copies dasam guru granth instead of Dasma patshah ju ka granth. That no way relates to parkash. So stop fabricating your own stories.

It is quite easy to understand the timing of issuing of statment by akj UK and it is in favour of their darling dhundha whom they call a professor even though he has 10 grade education.

You need to know that these photos relate to a few places controlled by puratan jathebandis where parkash of Dasam granth is done from the beginning. They are continuing that. Parkash of Dasam Granth was also done at akal takhata till 1945 but they discontinued after that whereas Nihungs are continuing old practice. Simce it is sacred bani of tenth master i see nothing wrong in that.

Inspite of your repeated efforts to malign name of Tarlochan singh for advising against parkash, you have failed to provide a reference. Tarlochan singh writes about mistakes committed by Printer Gulab singh where in they write on certain printed copies dasam guru granth instead of Dasma patshah ju ka granth. That no way relates to parkash. So stop fabricating your own stories.

It is quite easy to understand the timing of issuing of statment by akj UK and it is in favour of their darling dhundha whom they call a professor even though he has 10 grade education.

Its still a violation of the Sikh rehat marayda is not? My taksali and nihing brothers are quick to condemn AKJ when they talk about keski and raagmala.

And keski used to be a mandatory kakkar and raagmala was never read at Akal takht, what's your point?

Bottom line is.. Akal takht rehat marayda should be maintained.. And stop cussing other jathebandis if they don't follow same rehat as yours. As long as its not anti gurmat...

If Akal takht say dhunda is allowed to do parchar as long as he doenst talk about controversial issues, who are DDT, AKJ or anyone else to challenge that, unless they can prove he has since talked about such issues. In that case go to the Akal takht, stop acting like hooligans trying to be judge jury and executioner, whether it is in line with your 'jathas' marayada or not..

I am not trying to malign Trilochan singhs name. So are you saying parallel parkash is ok? If not then why are we still arguing this point lol.. That's my interpretation of his writing, just like u interpret AKJ UKs press release to twist them to suit you :D

Its still a violation of the Sikh rehat marayda is not? My taksali and nihing brothers are quick to condemn AKJ when they talk about keski and raagmala.

And keski used to be a mandatory kakkar and raagmala was never read at Akal takht, what's your point?

Bottom line is.. Akal takht rehat marayda should be maintained.. And stop cussing other jathebandis if they don't follow same rehat as yours. As long as its not anti gurmat...

If Akal takht say dhunda is allowed to do parchar as long as he doenst talk about controversial issues, who are DDT, AKJ or anyone else to challenge that, unless they can prove he has since talked about such issues. In that case go to the Akal takht, stop acting like hooligans trying to be judge jury and executioner, whether it is in line with your 'jathas' marayada or not..

I am not trying to malign Trilochan singhs name. So are you saying parallel parkash is ok? If not then why are we still arguing this point lol.. That's my interpretation of his writing, just like u interpret AKJ UKs press release to twist them to suit you :D

Tarlochan singh does not say anything on parallel parkash.So stop attribute something to him that he has not written. Stop hijacking this thread to focus on parkash.The point was that certain self made units of akj such as akj.org admin and akj uk are issuing statements creating doubts about banis of Dasam Granth sahib.They are violating official stand as parent organization in India have issued a statement that Dasam Granth in entirety is from tenth master.

Likes of dhundha have dubious character where they say something and then backtrack. So it is duty of sangat to checkmate such liars.Akal takhat comes in the picture afterwards. Besides propaganda against Dasam Granth , dhundha is well known for delivering sermons ridiculing Naam simran and call it parroting.AKJ uk could have found a better friend than him.

Tarlochan singh does not say anything on parallel parkash.So stop attribute something to him that he has not written. Stop hijacking this thread to focus on parkash.The point was that certain self made units of akj such as akj.org admin and akj uk are issuing statements creating doubts about banis of Dasam Granth sahib.They are violating official stand as parent organization in India have issued a statement that Dasam Granth in entirety is from tenth master.

Likes of dhundha have dubious character where they say something and then backtrack. So it is duty of sangat to checkmate such liars.Akal takhat comes in the picture afterwards. Besides propaganda against Dasam Granth , dhundha is well known for delivering sermons ridiculing Naam simran and call it parroting.AKJ uk could have found a better friend than him.

Well done, don't answer the questions which you don't have answers for..

AKJ.org represents AKJ units worldwide, see the following link which shows the leadership from India http://www.akj.org/skins/one/aboutus.php

I am not hijacking it my friend, the post was started only to find some AKJ DG kirtan, I wasn't the one who started pointing fingers..

AKJ singhs of India are firm believers in Dasam Bani. There was a reinsabhai at fatehgarh sahib last week and singhs of jatha recited many shabads from Dasam Granth sahib.

Bhai sahib Randhir singh ji himself a firm believer in Dasam bani.Akal ustat, bachitra natak and chndi di vaar were part of his nitnem.

Having said that there are some claiming to be akj , mostly based in UK, who are against Dasam granth sahib and are supporters of person like dhundha as was evident from dhundha's visit to uK a few weeks back.

In my view such people should be exposed as they are a disgrace to akj. There should be open discussion on this instead of suppressing this issue.Only then we will know the fakes.

This is the 4th post on this thread, and your telling me I'm hijacking it? Okay....

AKJ.org represents AKJ units worldwide, see the following link which shows the leadership from India http://www.akj.org/s...one/aboutus.php

Any splinter group of akj whether they are akj.org or akj uk not believing in Dasam Bani automatically lose legacy

of bahi randhir singh ji. They are akj for name only and will be just like missionaries in the long run having no

respect among panth.

You obviously don't know what you are on about. back to my initial point, akj have not said they do not believe in SDG, all they are saying is that there is some controversy amongst some parts in the panth, and akj will abide with whatever decision the panth takes. Here is another press note from the india unit, signed by Jathedar Soorat Singh, who was the previous jathedar before Jathedar Bakshish Singh as specified on akj.org.

post-24695-0-36158100-1356534729_thumb.j

It's people like you who try and twist things to cause more rifts between jathay.

So basically what is going on is that because of few pictures found online, we trying to judge the whole issue. That is exactly like judging the whole Sardar community just because someone saw turban guy in drunken state or eating Barkha on streets (common sight in India). Bit childish to per-judge like that.

What individuals do or does is action of their own (thread topic issue, they didn't do major wrong). If someone has issues with guru di bani, Sri dasam Granth then be a man and stand your ground rather than hiding and start issuing total confused press releases. Ok, let's say they have such issues in uk pertaining to Prakash of gurus bani but what about America? There are no such issues to this date but then why no such releases since infamous akj.org is based in America too. Such people not only fool them-self but try to take giddar cover by even cropping other issues irrelevant to core issues, they do this only wishing to hide.

Aka.org does not represent the whole jatha. They are a splinter group who started the rift within once a united jatha. Imagine tomorrow this forum website started saying that they are the official voice of Sikhs around globe. What Bhai randhir Singh jee started and what we have today... Jameen asmaan da farak. same goes with taksal.

Swallow our own ego and let's not carry away but simply ask and answer (y)ourself a question. Do you believe in DG as whole? Answer is either yes or no, there is no answer starts with "yes, but...."