AKJ Dasam Granth Kirtan

Sorry to be off topic but Humgareeb said that its madatory to wear a keski.Where is this written?

I'm asking because this is the first I have ever heard of this.

Bhul chukh Maaf karo if I posted anything wrong.

Your first comment doesn't relate to the following pictures, where both SGGS and SDG are parkash on the same takht posh, and being read simultaneuously. Is this not directly inconsistent with the Akal takht Maryada, which states:

c. Placing a pitcher, ceremonial clarified-butter-fed lamp, coconut, etc. around, during the course of the uninterrupted or any other reading of Guru Granth Sahib, or reading of other Scriptural texts side by side with or in the course of such reading is contrary to the gurmat (Guru's way).

attachicon.gifphoto 1.PNG

attachicon.gifphoto 5.JPG

attachicon.gifphoto 2.PNG

attachicon.gifphoto 4.JPG

Re: Dr. Trilochan Singh: he states "They have written on the title page "Sri Guru Granth Sahib Dasam Patshahi" which seems to be a distortion of Dasam Patshahi ka Granth which is found on most of the old recensions. This Granth was not installed as a guru so it is wrong to call it Guru Granth." Unless you you think our other granths are equal why would you do parallel parkash?

Whilst I personally am not in favour of Dhunda, he is NOT banned by Akal Takht, and AKJ UK statement was in connection with the hooligans who were trying to blackmail the jathedar and get their own way. before you go ff on one, I have heard with my own ears the jathedar say that he was only advising to cancel the one program to calm the atmosphere and there was NO blanket ban.

Im not sure about the first picture but i don think parkash of Sri Dasam Granth is being done in any of the others. I think thats the pothi.

Sorry to be off topic but Humgareeb said that its madatory to wear a keski.Where is this written?

I'm asking because this is the first I have ever heard of this.

Bhul chukh Maaf karo if I posted anything wrong.

Prior to 1930/40s this was the rehat given in amrit sanchars at Akal takht, it was changed by the then Jathedar. This was same for women and men.

So basically what is going on is that because of few pictures found online, we trying to judge the whole issue. That is exactly like judging the whole Sardar community just because someone saw turban guy in drunken state or eating Barkha on streets (common sight in India). Bit childish to per-judge like that.

What individuals do or does is action of their own (thread topic issue, they didn't do major wrong). If someone has issues with guru di bani, Sri dasam Granth then be a man and stand your ground rather than hiding and start issuing total confused press releases. Ok, let's say they have such issues in uk pertaining to Prakash of gurus bani but what about America? There are no such issues to this date but then why no such releases since infamous akj.org is based in America too. Such people not only fool them-self but try to take giddar cover by even cropping other issues irrelevant to core issues, they do this only wishing to hide.

Aka.org does not represent the whole jatha. They are a splinter group who started the rift within once a united jatha. Imagine tomorrow this forum website started saying that they are the official voice of Sikhs around globe. What Bhai randhir Singh jee started and what we have today... Jameen asmaan da farak. same goes with taksal.

Swallow our own ego and let's not carry away but simply ask and answer (y)ourself a question. Do you believe in DG as whole? Answer is either yes or no, there is no answer starts with "yes, but...."

Yes I do. My point is that when people start interpreting things different ways, it causes rifts..

Prior to 1930/40s this was the rehat given in amrit sanchars at Akal takht, it was changed by the then Jathedar. This was same for women and men.

Why wasn't this implemented by the taksal or nihang singhs?

So I don't need to keep my hair but a keski?

Why wasn't this implemented by the taksal or nihang singhs?

So I don't need to keep my hair but a keski?

Your hair is not something you need to keep, it is something that is already given to you by God when you are born. When you are baptised 5 kakkar are given to you, you cannot be given hair, as that you already have this. All the other kakkars are external items. Also, if you cut your hair after taking amirt, it is considered a bujjar kuhreit, where as if any other kakkars are separated from your body, it is not a bujjar kuhreit. So the question is why is hair treated differently to the others?

Most of women in Taksal and Nihung dals also wear keski, but why they don;t believe in it as a kakkar, I don't know.

Your hair is not something you need to keep, it is something that is already given to you by God when you are born. When you are baptised 5 kakkar are given to you, you cannot be given hair, as that you already have this. All the other kakkars are external items. Also, if you cut your hair after taking amirt, it is considered a bujjar kuhreit, where as if any other kakkars are separated from your body, it is not a bujjar kuhreit. So the question is why is hair treated differently to the others?

Most of women in Taksal and Nihung dals also wear keski, but why they don;t believe in it as a kakkar, I don't know.

Does it not state in Dasam Bani what the 5 kakkars are?

To each their own.

My kes is a kakaar and keski is what covers my kakaar.:)

You obviously don't know what you are on about. back to my initial point, akj have not said they do not believe in SDG, all they are saying is that there is some controversy amongst some parts in the panth, and akj will abide with whatever decision the panth takes. Here is another press note from the india unit, signed by Jathedar Soorat Singh, who was the previous jathedar before Jathedar Bakshish Singh as specified on akj.org.

attachicon.gifAKJ_pressnote_re_SriDasamBani_10_21_2008.jpg

It's people like you who try and twist things to cause more rifts between jathay.

jathedar puran ji states that Dasam Granth is a scared scripture and akj has full faith in it.Then who are other splinter groups to state that there are doubtful parts in it.I hope you understand the meaning of palusible.They have used this word in their statment. Refer dictionary before you waste your time further.That shows evil intention of akj.org

Tell them since they do not beleive in dasam bani they need to take off their kirpans as these shashter are the gift from dasam bani only.