MONA KARKOOS

Hammertime007

Vaheguru... thanks for sharing this Mehtab singh jee. These brave men turned their backs to their families and Hindu society for their Guru. This is a true sacrifice. I think for sure these men must have had some connection to the Sikh Panth in one their previous lifetimes that they felt so deep the dardh of the panth. Blessed are such souls.

There was another Brahmin family from Patiala (who actually had the same surname as my folks) who had 7 sons. All 7 turned into Babbar Singhs and all attained Shaheedi. I wish I could get more info about them.

Amazing! Waheguru! :waheguru: Just reading about such stuff gives me goosebumps. I can't imagine how such people would've actually been like in real life.

The second brother, i believe killed Chamkilla 3rd is Sukha or Jinda, 4th Dilawar Singh, 1st Unknown sure someone knows.

Harjinder Singh Para, who i think was only around 18 years old. he came back from canada to figght for the cause. He was a comrade of Sukhdev Singh Sakheera.

It used to be an honorable thing for the eldest son in a Punjabi Hindu family to become a Sikh.

no it didnt. its just a widespread piece of misinformation.

It used to be an honorable thing for the eldest son in a Punjabi Hindu family to become a Sikh.

For all 7 boys of that family to become Singhs is beyond praise.

Far as I know Lala Lajpat Rai recommended the idea, but no one actually took it. Read 'Sundri" by Bhai Vir Singh. Its based on research and just goes to show you how if a Hindu became a Sikh he was heavily stratified and sidelined by his family.