Right Wing Nut bar Asaram says-Girl should've called rapists brother

N30S1NGH

Daily Mail. Read through all the comments I have ever made in the 5 or so years I have been posting here. I have been consistent in saying time and again how the Sikhi my parents brought me up with espouses 100% gender equality. No difference at all between a man and a woman. I've consistently gone on the threads after threads that appear about Sikh girls marrying muslims etc and I've always defended the girl. I've always stated that if we Sikh men want Sikh women to behave in a certain way then we should lead by example. I've always stated here that this is how my dad has lived his life and this is how I live my life. The men in my family have always believed that if we go out at night....have girlfriends.....drink alcohol etc, then our mother and sister have every right in the world to do the same. That is why no man in my family has ever done things that we wouldn't want our female family members to do.

By all means disagree with me for what I have said in this thread but please try and show a little more comprehension than Mehtab Singh. He was not able to understand this point so turned into a 'defending women's rights' thing falsely painting me as the type of man that wants to keep women chained to the sink. He did that in order to gain support for his criticism of me. You don't need to lower yourself to that level. You're better than that.

I'll ask my question again, and this time, with you knowing where I stand on gender equality, I hope you can ignore the un-called for spite : Bearing in mind the fact that Sikhi prescribes that good things will happen to those that go to bed early and rise at amrit vele is it not reasonable therefore to say that bad things will likely happen to those that are out frolicking in the streets with members of the opposite sex at late hours ?

I been reading your posts for a while now, you come across as very arrogant. I've never been bothered too respond to one of your post but what you said in this thread is absolutely disgusting. No let me ask you something?

Paraphrasing your post above you say men in your family don't do such and such and lead by example but if you did such things you would then believe the females in your family have the same right. So do the men in your family also include you? As you have posted yourself on this site, that before you were married that you used to drink Stella.

*EDIT - the following is with regards to other threads

I don't know if you include yourself as a man as recently you had a go at someone. You stated that (again paraphrasing), they were a girl for having an office job, your a man for working in a manual job BUT you youself are also studying law aspiring to go into that profession. So maybe you will then become a girl if you work in an office?

About being non Indian, well you have on more than one occasion stated how your family got here. They joined the British Army, Fiji etc. End of the day that place was still British India (we can like it or not), but in the worlds eyes the nationality of your ancestors would be Indian.

More recently you state your parents were both born in England? Before you had a different ancestral heritage nowadays you state illegal passports from Pakistan and Karachi?

WLS,

"I think you've got psychiatric issues Daily Mail".

You were the same person who managed to determine that the rape victim was drunk, despite being 5,000 miles away, with no evidence whatsoever. With diagnoses like that, I don't think I have anything to worry about. Nitwits indeed old chap!

You've gone to great lengths to distance yourselve from India, but like it or not, it is a country that the public associate you with. You say your "family has never been Indian and never will" - where is your wife from again? I distinctly remember you saying you had an arranged marriage back in Punjab. Am I wrong?

You want to talk about philisophical and spiritual understanding of the merits or de-merits of whether our actions determine what happen to us? Clearly, what goes around comes around. But this 'tree-hugging, left-wing obsession of the victim blaming herself' notion doesn't wash with me, let me assure you old chap. I've seen domestic violence cases where the women blames herself for being smacked about, its pathetic. Lets call a spade a spade, then your on my level. I'm not the most spiritual of persons, more of a politcal activist type, so forgive me WLS, but leave the tree-hugging to someone else. It doesn't suit you either!

WLS, you say that your "culture is complete and utter 100% gender equality". Here is a report published today from the BBC, with nothing new, but very sobering to read. Punjab has the 'highest proportion of missing girls at birth'. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20938125 No other state can match Punjab.

I don't want to digress and go off on a tangent, and this isn't solely aimed at you either WLS. But the above BBC article highlights what one woman responded to when questioned by a Sky news reporter last week at a demonstration in Delhi. When the reporter asked her the underlying problem the woman replied: "how can we (indian women) expect men and sociey to respect women when us women ourselves abort foetuses upon discovering that they are baby girls?". According to the above article, no where is this more apparent that Punjab. Our punjabi culture is somewhat inherently perverse, it favours men over women, we all know it. It manifests itself in different ways. The truth hurts.

We can all duck out heads in the sand and claim to be British by 3 generations etc. The fact is, when we (Punjab) have the biggest gender inequality gap in the whole of India, given that approximately 65% of Punjab is Sikh, therefore how on earth can we tell others that "my culture is complete and utter 100% gender equality"? Theory may dictate one thing, but life at the coalface is an entirely different matter...

WLS, you're an intelligent chap. Unlike some others on here, I actually enjoy your posts, even though I don't always agree with you. What a boring place it would be if we all agreed with one another!

I been reading your posts for a while now, you come across as very arrogant. I've never been bothered too respond to one of your post

I'll be quite honest, I've never read anything you've ever written. I'm not even sure who you are.

but what you said in this thread is absolutely disgusting.

What I said in this thread refers to nothing more sinister than an honest and intellectual attempt at a debate about fate and the virtues or otherwise of going to bed early and raising early.

Paraphrasing your post above you say men in your family don't do such and such and lead by example but if you did such things you would then believe the females in your family have the same right. So do the men in your family also include you? As you have posted yourself on this site, that before you were married that you used to drink Stella.

Drank beers but stopped purely because I felt I should be setting the right example to all of my sisters., rather than for purely religious reasons. Should you not be applauding me for this ?

I don't know if you include yourself as a man as recently you had a go at someone. You stated that (again paraphrasing), they were a girl for having an office job, your a man for working in a manual job

I did not have a go at a fellow human being. It was Dal Singh.

BUT you youself are also studying law aspiring to go into that profession. So maybe you will then become a girl if you work in an office?

I'm not 'studying' Law. I graduated with a law degree over 7 years ago. Since then I've also done my masters. What I'm doing today is 'research'. If I had aspirations to earn good money whilst sitting in an office with a suit on don't you think I would have gone in that direction by now ? I am nothing if not consistent Gurdsingh.

More recently you state your parents were both born in England? Before you had a different ancestral heritage nowadays you state illegal passports from Pakistan and Karachi?

Yes my parents were born in London. Thats not a new fact. One of my grandparents, like a hellava lot of others that arrived in that era, sailed via Karachi and a false Pakistani passport. What exactly is confusing you about this subject ?

Before you had a different ancestral heritage

Uh ? :blink2: What are you even trying to say ? When and how has my pend ever changed ?

Daily Mail :

"I think you've got psychiatric issues Daily Mail".

Yeah I take that back fella. It was a bit harsh and un-called for. Just got a bit frustrated how the very simple and reasonable point I was making was not getting through.

You've gone to great lengths to distance yourselve from India, but like it or not, it is a country that the public associate you with. You say your "family has never been Indian and never will" - where is your wife from again? I distinctly remember you saying you had an arranged marriage back in Punjab. Am I wrong?

The Germans occupied France. That didn't mean the French became German. The Chinese occupy Tibet. A Tibetan has to therefore go to 'China' to get married to a Tibetan girl from a village there. Does that mean he now has to turn his back on his nation and call himself Chinese ? Is a man's nation determined by what is in his heart or by what illegal occupying force occupies his land at that particular moment ?

Just because the British came and artificialy incorporated my Punjab into some foreign nation called India it doesn't make it so. Just because, in 1947, the Indians tricked, lied and deceived their way into occupying my Punjab it doesn't make it so. You go ahead and accept the occupiers as your masters but you'll never get that from me.

Now tell me......when was I ever Indian ? As a Punjabi, spent thousands of years as the eastern-most, and richest, province of the Persian Empire. Totally seperate to the concept that was India to the south. Before the British finally annexed Punjab I was of the Sikh Kingdom of Punjab. Since that day, my family have continously been British subjects never once being present in the post '47 nation. Tell me my friend, how....in either spiritual or physical form....have I ever been 'Indian' ? Does the fact that India has been occupying my land since '47 mean that I have to now hold up my hands and admit defeat of the soul ? Is this whole concept based on the amount of time a foreign force occupies someone's land ?

The men in my family have always believed that if we go out at night....have girlfriends.....drink alcohol etc, then our mother and sister have every right in the world to do the same. That is why no man in my family has ever done things that we wouldn't want our female family members to do.

Come on WLS you state you are nothing if not consistent, but please read above text in bold and then your own admission below second line of text..OK, just to massage your ego as you are nothing but arrogant I shall applaude you. So pat on the back for you, 2 thumbs up for you.

I'll be quite honest, I've never read anything you've ever written. I'm not even sure who you are.

Drank beers but stopped purely because I felt I should be setting the right example to all of my sisters., rather than for purely religious reasons. Should you not be applauding me for this ?

I did not have a go at a fellow human being. It was Dal Singh.

I'm not 'studying' Law. I graduated with a law degree over 7 years ago. Since then I've also done my masters. What I'm doing today is 'research'. If I had aspirations to earn good money whilst sitting in an office with a suit on don't you think I would have gone in that direction by now ? I am nothing if not consistent Gurdsingh.

You must be a real wind up merchent in daily life if your posts on this site are anything to go by. Why do you think your so special? (refering to above text, in bold).

You may or may not have read anything I have posted as you may be going by the assumption my profile name is Gurdsingh. As opposed to what it is.

You have no aspirations to earn good money whilst sitting in an office. You maybe content to earn low wages whilst working in warehouses. You could get a good job in the profession you studied and work flexi/ part time hours whilst still doing your research. Each to their own. But, the question is why do you so often put someone down from the area they are from and indirectly state how better off and better you are? Example you've stated your from Osterley and average house prices there are was £650K+ or £750K+, I did correct you at the time as I have also lived in Osterley and um FELLA they are not!