Death and afterlife

Guest Jo

I had a very weird dream call it nightmare if you want lol. I got up for nitnem, did it, did ardass before 6am then I asked permission for rest so I went to sleep. In the dream it was just scary, I dreamt that I was sleeping in my bed and something a figure had me held down and something was coming towards me and I was like Dad? Then I woke up in the dream and I couldn't move. Then I woke up for real and my heart was beating fast and I started saying Vaheguru. It was like 06:39am. Then I remember from Giani Thakur Singh's Katha about Sarbloh Kee Rachya Ham Meh so I wore my Sarbloh Kara and went back to sleep, no problems after that.....btw am not Amritdhari yet if anyone asks lol. Am just confused about this dream, it was a dark figure and why did I say Dad? in it, he died 8 years ago.

why did I say Dad? in it, he died 8 years ago - Dont say it... - Ur parent are always with u :D dear :) God Bless u :respect: Brave son :)

ਚੇਤਿ ਰਾਮੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਜਮ ਪੁਰਿ ਜਾਹਿਗਾ ਜਨੁ ਬਿਚਰੈ ਅਨਰਾਧਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Many words are used as metaphor in gurbani.

These ar two different tuks from same shabad ਰੇ ਨਰ ਗਰਭ ਕੁੰਡਲ ਜਬ ਆਛਤ ਉਰਧ ਧਿਆਨ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਗਾ ॥ pg 93 baani beni sahib ji

ਬੇਣੀ ਕਹੈ ਸੁਨਹੁ ਰੇ ਭਗਤਹੁ ਮਰਨ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਕਿਨਿ ਪਾਈ ॥੫॥

Guest dasguruka

I had a very weird dream call it nightmare if you want lol. I got up for nitnem, did it, did ardass before 6am then I asked permission for rest so I went to sleep. In the dream it was just scary, I dreamt that I was sleeping in my bed and something a figure had me held down and something was coming towards me and I was like Dad? Then I woke up in the dream and I couldn't move. Then I woke up for real and my heart was beating fast and I started saying Vaheguru. It was like 06:39am. Then I remember from Giani Thakur Singh's Katha about Sarbloh Kee Rachya Ham Meh so I wore my Sarbloh Kara and went back to sleep, no problems after that.....btw am not Amritdhari yet if anyone asks lol. Am just confused about this dream, it was a dark figure and why did I say Dad? in it, he died 8 years ago.

I had the same thing happen to me once. I couldn't move! I tried so hard to move but the harder I tried the more difficult it became and it felt like I was being held down! Then I sort of started to think in my mind like how am I to face this when I can't move and this is unfair. Then it became so intense! Like I felt like my head was about to explode and slowly it became calm...and I was able to move. First thing I did was called Dad and he was like were you sleeping face up and on your back and I was like yeah and he was like sleep sideways and sometimes he's screaming too in his head because he can't move...then I looked it up online and came across this... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis.

I was blessed with Amrit a few days after.

For those that know about astral travel or your astral body then this 'sleep paralysis' is simply one of the earlier stages.

Let me just ask, I bet that you also heard the sound of some shuffling or footsteps nearby before the full paralysis encounter ??

You see, it all actully happens while you are very deep asleep, even though you are convinced you are awake !

Thus, it is actually you awake in your astral body !

This is when you actually become detached from your own body and that is why you can't feel or are able to move.

The idea is that when it happens again, you should simply try and lift yourself out of your body, then you shall be on the astral plane !!

Trust me, I've checked and researched this for quite some time.

For those that know about astral travel or your astral body then this 'sleep paralysis' is simply one of the earlier stages.

Let me just ask, I bet that you also heard the sound of some shuffling or footsteps nearby before the full paralysis encounter ??

You see, it all actully happens while you are very deep asleep, even though you are convinced you are awake !

Thus, it is actually you awake in your astral body !

This is when you actually become detached from your own body and that is why you can't feel or are able to move.

The idea is that when it happens again, you should simply try and lift yourself out of your body, then you shall be on the astral plane !!

Trust me, I've checked and researched this for quite some time.

I have this problem as well. It's freaking me out. I hear a lot of footsteps and sometimes I can hear someone opening my bedroom door but I just can't open my eyes in time. Other times I get poked in the ribs. I don't know what's going on. Do you reckon this is the same thing?

I have this problem as well. It's freaking me out. I hear a lot of footsteps and sometimes I can hear someone opening my bedroom door but I just can't open my eyes in time. Other times I get poked in the ribs. I don't know what's going on. Do you reckon this is the same thing?

It sounds similar, I'm not sure about being poked in the ribs !!

I am no expert, but I've read up quite a bit about this and the funny thing is that the majority of cases are all similar.

The footsteps or shuffling nearby and then the inability to move or speak and it's this inabilty that gives the sense of being choked or completely paralysed.

It is your astral body which cannot speak or move it's arms in the same way. For some reason, most of us react by trying to speak and move our arms at the same time when it does happen.

The other funny thing is that we are all always aware and pretty sure that we are not asleep, it's only after we wake up and we think, then we assume we were asleep.

But we actually are asleep and it's our astral body that is trying to get up and go.

It is difficult, but if you do 'waheguru' jap and try to lift your self out, then you can actually turn around and see your physical body fast asleep !!

If you have a fear factor about this then don't attempt, otherwise go ahead.

Some people can actually do this with very intense and deep meditation and there are lot's of accounts about Guru Nanak Ji doing this and he would actually astral travel to destinations, but he was so enlightened and enriched with bagthi that he could actually interact and make himself seen by others when doing this.! **Waheguru***

Over power the fears !!

Make yourself in control,even the atheists that encounter this are aware that some protective divine light is there and overseeing this.

This is actally like a blessing when it happens as claimed by native indians and far eastern buddhists.

Remember that it only happens to some lucky few and I think it is in line with the purity and truth within yourself !

Now that you know a little bit, try not to show fear next time but make yourself in control by doing 'waheguru' jap from your heart.

You will be amazed !!!!

Once you are able to do this then you can go to anywhere you put your focus to !

If you want to see Guru Nanak Ji and sachkhand, then just put your focus in, and it can happen !