Death and afterlife

Guest Jo

Thanks for the childish answers just what I needed, A close family member has passed and wanted to know as much as I can ...

I think it's different for everyone depending on the individual concerned. Once we get into these areas of discussion I don't think there are any template / standardised experiences we can draw on and say "one size fits all". However being Sikhs the previously mentioned Dharam-Raaj, Shaheed Singhs, Jamdoots, etc., should figure somewhere. Maybe our specific culturual experiences in this life means we see what we expect and what we've been informed? For example, an observant Sikh would be guided by Shaheed Singhs after death because that's the frame of reference he/she knows, whilst someone across the world in Japan would probably expect a cultural equivalent such as, I don't know, Samurai to lead them over to wherever it is they need to go. Maybe someone who spent most of their life as an atheist would just "feel" their way towards whatever destination they need to go, rather than being confronted by a manifestation of something they never considered or cared about when alive. I'd be pretty disappointed if everything was so black and white, and lacking feeling from where the Creator originates from.

I think only the extremely wicked or the extremely pious will come face-to-face with either type of denizen of the other side depending on which side of the aforementioned fence they fall on. The average man or woman would probably be needed to be given as much support as possible, so as to come to terms with their current predicament, i.e. death. I would imagine it would be a major shock - for most people not prepared - to not be alive, lol.

It happens almost at the time fo death.

I'm not sure how some one has got the 3 days of soul hanging about or something.

The persons soul or the 'consciousness' is what makes the journey. This journey doesn't have the element of time as we know it and the conscious gets a special intuition about where it is and where it is going !

What you read about NDE's etc... from different people is pretty consistent.

There is a 'God light that the conscious is drawn towards. Thie light is the 'Supreme Consciousness'

As for seeing Gurus,shaheeds or christ for christians..etc...

I think this is different for all and it is the person that you believe and trust as your guide.

It could even be a deceased family member, for those atheists out there that refuse a religious guide !!

We must remember that NOT one person who has had an NDE has ever merged with the light or got to the stage at the end of the tunnel where only the light remains. Because this is why they have come back, as they never fully merged !!

Waheguru!

Sachkhand.. what people above talked about. Its very rare because only and only Amritdhari Gursikhs who have done so much bhagti and have had absolute love for Guru Sahib in their lives, defeated lust, anger,greed, emotional attachment, ego, lived in absolute truth and purity with rehet and all those qualities Guru Sahib mentions, only those elevated souls go to Sachkhand and become One with Waheguru to never separate from Him again.

This is the goal of every single human being who has gained human form. But hardly anybody remembers it, because we are so intoxicated by falsehood.

But if we still remain ignorant and do not walk on this truth and dont take Amrit, jamdoots come and take us to Dharamraaj where every good and bad deed's account in read. Then... soul cannot escape. It has to suffer the consequences and suffer HARD punishments of all the time it was involved in - maaya , 5 chor, love of falsehood , and had bee constantly trying fulfil need of satisfying it's sensory organs all the time it was sent on earth. Still seperated from our Origin Waheguru, we then go to 8.4 million lifeforms again and this circle is going on for so much time.

Does the soul know what has happened,does it think about it's family etc or does it forget the memories etc from this life

If it's a Gursikh soul who went to Sachkhand, then it remembers everything, but it doesnt pay any attention to these as it does not have emotional attachment. It remembers al memories and everything, it doesnt matter to this soul as all it loves now is.. Waheguru and it's feeling complete there!

But if it's a manmukh soul, then no it doesn't know anything like this because its not that powerful to do so. Maybe it remembers everything in narak but mostly forgets everything when taking birth again.

Waheguru Ang Sang!
May we always remember that death is a guarantee to us, so that we now choose where we want to go after life.. and build our present lives in such way