Sign in to follow this  
Guest Human

Is there GOD?

I know what you mean. It depends upon the perception one has. If you look outside, what you see and experience will one day vanish as nothing is eternal. Everything was made by an Unstruck primal sound vibration from the Timeless being. Everything is one and one is everything. When the stars, planets were made, the organisms emerged, they started to have duality that they are different from each other which is called duality. Humanity and all other species suffer pain due to this duality. The whole whole purpose of Gurbani is to tell the lost being that you are lost. Go back to the door where you came from. We came from the primal sound and the goal for all the souls is to go back now or in the future. This is how it is, the play and one time end. Gurbani tells us that whatever is found outside is also inside and inside He will be found. There are millions of Galaxies and planets: which was given in Gurbani before the current Science knew of it which is why NASA is exploring sri Guru Granth Sahib in USA and found many things which are proven facts. They even given the title: 'Lord of world' to Sri Guru Granth Sahib in their library. The planet we live in is Karm bhumi and there many like this one.

Eternal happiness cannot be defined by materialsm but by self realisation - who we really are where did we came from and why. That can be experienced from within not outside
There is a story about an atheist who met Sant Teja Singh ji (who was once an atheist himself).
A young man came and asked Sant ji: Sant ji you say there is God.
Sant ji: yes.
The man :show me where he is.
Sant ji :He is everywhere.
Man: No, I want to see him and if you claim he is, show me.
Sant ji kept quite for some time. After a while sant ji opened his eyes and said I am going to do Jaap Sahib.
you just look at me. As sant ji started Jaap Sahib, his face turned red and shiny. There was so much light that the man started hide his face from it.
After the paath was over Sant ji said, you are fortunate that Guru ji allowed me to show you the 'God's light'. You cannot expect to test the existence of 'God' each time an atheist questions.
Science can do the hard things by applying the algorithms and give you appliances and anyone can enjoy the fruits. To find the truth you will have to explore Gurbani yourself.

There is extensive planning in the spiritual world before you come in this physical world.

Michael Newton PHD has written 3 or 4 books after hypnosis of about 7000 patients.How souls plan their birth experiences. He also coined the term Lives between Lives (LBL). You choose to forget everything before you come to earth or another physical plane. Also 2 books by Robert Schawrtz very informative on this process. We just did not show up randomly in Sikh households. Life is about consciously creating our experiences and GOD will validate those experiences, if you pay close attention to things happening in your life.GOD is all in all Alpha and Omega.First thought and last experience. This is about you choosing. The grandest of all experience is of soul longing to meet GOD. As Sikhs we create this experience by choosing Sikh way of life taking AMRIT, Gurbani and NAAM SIMRAN. We can choose whatever we want and create that experience. Unity is the Truth, Separation is an illusion. Human Body comprises of 50 Trillion cells working in unity to create a human being.

is it true because michael newton phd says it is or do you believe it anyway? if you believe it anyway then there no point in mentioning him. what is his phd in? i ask because i cannot be hynotized, it has been tried but i dont fall for it.

Guest scali

I am an Amritdhari. But also think out of the box. Just like Guru Gobind Singh ji (My Father) said to Nirmalas go learn other stuff. All the other stuff just made my faith more in Sikhi. I have read most of the Sikh sant material out there. Have read Sri Guru Granth sahib ji also and still do. Love Dasam granth Bani and am blessed to be part of this beautiful religion. My belief creates my experience.

I know what you mean. It depends upon the perception one has. If you look outside, what you see and experience will one day vanish as nothing is eternal. Everything was made by an Unstruck primal sound vibration from the Timeless being. Everything is one and one is everything. When the stars, planets were made, the organisms emerged, they started to have duality that they are different from each other which is called duality. Humanity and all other species suffer pain due to this duality. The whole whole purpose of Gurbani is to tell the lost being that you are lost. Go back to the door where you came from. We came from the primal sound and the goal for all the souls is to go back now or in the future. This is how it is, the play and one time end. Gurbani tells us that whatever is found outside is also inside and inside He will be found. There are millions of Galaxies and planets: which was given in Gurbani before the current Science knew of it which is why NASA is exploring sri Guru Granth Sahib in USA and found many things which are proven facts. They even given the title: 'Lord of world' to Sri Guru Granth Sahib in their library. The planet we live in is Karm bhumi and there many like this one.

Eternal happiness cannot be defined by materialsm but by self realisation - who we really are where did we came from and why. That can be experienced from within not outside
There is a story about an atheist who met Sant Teja Singh ji (who was once an atheist himself).
Sant ji kept quite for some time. After a while sant ji opened his eyes and said I am going to do Jaap Sahib.
you just look at me. As sant ji started Jaap Sahib, his face turned red and shiny. There was so much light that the man started hide his face from it.
After the paath was over Sant ji said, you are fortunate that Guru ji allowed me to show you the 'God's light'. You cannot expect to test the existence of 'God' each time an atheist questions.
Science can do the hard things by applying the algorithms and give you appliances and anyone can enjoy the fruits. To find the truth you will have to explore Gurbani yourself.

nasa study the guru granth sahib? that is a well know myth and has been disproved. please stop perpetuating myths, you know in your heart of hearts it sounds implausible but you choose to believe it and repeat it to others.

http://www.bayanimills.com/2011/10/01/divine-insight-does-nasa-consult-the-guru-granth-sahib/

nasa study the guru granth sahib? that is a well know myth and has been disproved. please stop perpetuating myths, you know in your heart of hearts it sounds implausible but you choose to believe it and repeat it to others.

http://www.bayanimills.com/2011/10/01/divine-insight-does-nasa-consult-the-guru-granth-sahib/

This whole site your are referring to is a myth.

thats an interesting story is there any evidence for it? has it been recorded so we can all see it? here is one story of my own:

i said to pardeep: can you show me god?

pardeep kept quiet for a while and then said no i cant.

unfortunately i dont have any evidence this happened but im hopefully you will take my word for it.

anything that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Do you know who Sant Teja singh (Mastuana) is?

Never mind, no one will be able to prove the existence to you through this forum, What do you expect from the members? Try to explore yourself and see where you go.

You are stirring water here

This whole site your are referring to is a myth.

so you have actual evidence that people at nasa are studying guru granth sahib for answers? nasa have stated this themselves in the USA, nasa who are funded by the government in a majority christian country where anti muslim anger is strong and sikhs have been persecuted because they have turbans and look a bit like osama bin laden in the way he used to dress. you really think nasa would come out and state

"thanks mr president, congress and the american people for the billions of tax dollars you have given us, here is an update on what we are doing with that: studying the sggs for answers!"

please please you know how ridiculous this is, just think it through.

Do you know who Sant Teja singh (Mastuana) is?

Never mind, no one will be able to prove the existence to you through this forum, What do you expect from the members? Try to explore yourself and see where you go.

You are stirring water here

i dont know who he is, i would like to know more. if he can do something special then i would love to see it.

I hope u understand this (my favourite saying):

Kio pani vich Madani paya hai?

Do your self exploration ! You are at the wrong place !

For Sant Teja Singh ji I would say use Google (hint Cambridge, Harvard, Oxford University)

of course everyone is free to practice what they want, my question is how can it be that those practices are often contradictory? someone somewhere must have been wrong or mistaken.

moses was a prophet

jesus was a prophet/son of god

mohammed was a prophet

the gurus were prophets (is this correct?)

yet they teach contradictory values.

so you can choose either:

1. agree that one of them was right and the others are all wrong.

2. they are all correct and following either of them will get you where you want go.

one of many sources:

http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/news/file002.pdf

A prophet is someone who serves as an intermediary between God and humanity, to deliver God's message.

Moses talked to God (supposedly)

Jesus was the son of God (aren't we all)

Mohammed was told of God's will by the angel Gabriel (supposedly)

Guru Nanak meditated on the bank of a river, in the wilderness, for some time before proclaiming there is one God and there is no Muslim or Hindu. His inspiration came from meditation and deep reflective thought.

Your questions are inherently biased and flawed.

All religions don't want to reach the same place and are not after the same goal. The definition of God is different in Abrahamic and Dharmic faiths.

I hope u understand this (my favourite saying):

Kio pani vich Madani paya hai?

Do your self exploration ! You are at the wrong place !

For Sant Teja Singh ji I would say use Google (hint Cambridge, Harvard, Oxford University)

i dont see your point. i had a look on sikh wiki and it doies not mention that he studied in cambridge or oxford although wether he did or not, i dont see the relevance. what is your point?

i would like to state again that i did not start this thread and my questions were not about the existence of god or not.

my questions are to do with people and their beliefs. i dont expect to change your minds and i assume you dont expect to change mines, that is why i dont want to discuss the existence of god because both sides will not change their views. it is much better to find out what the beliefs are to understand why they believe what they do.

I think you are not understanding what I mean. Your brain is made in such a way that each time anyone will give logical views your brain will find a contradiction. Just as an ant can find a hole on marble floor. For your answers you need to explore Gurbani yourself. Can you take the challenge? U wanted to know who Sant Teja Singh was therefore I told you use google and he did study there. If I was you, I wouldn't rely on Sikhiwiki

A prophet is someone who serves as an intermediary between God and humanity, to deliver God's message.

Moses talked to God (supposedly)

Jesus was the son of God (aren't we all)

Mohammed was told of God's will by the angel Gabriel (supposedly)

Guru Nanak meditated on the bank of a river, in the wilderness, for some time before proclaiming there is one God and there is no Muslim or Hindu. His inspiration came from meditation and deep reflective thought.

Your questions are inherently biased and flawed.

All religions don't want to reach the same place and are not after the same goal. The definition of God is different in Abrahamic and Dharmic faiths.

your answers are inherently biased and flawed. otherwise you would have written:

Guru Nanak meditated on the bank of a river, in the wilderness, for some time before proclaiming there is one God and there is no Muslim or Hindu. His inspiration came from meditation and deep reflective thought. (supposedly)

what is the meaning of there is no hindu and no muslim?

the reason i ask is because i know a guy who told me he is a hindu and i know several guys that told me they are muslims. are these guys wrong?

I think you are not understanding what I mean. Your brain is made in such a way that each time anyone will give logical views your brain will find a contradiction. Just as an ant can find a hole on marble floor. For your answers you need to explore Gurbani yourself. Can you take the challenge?

i cannot take that challenge. i cant read punjabi and i dont have the time. i am happy with life, i have no problems that cannot be solved. i dont need answers to the meaning of life and since i dont believe in the after life or heaven or hell, i have no need to read the manual which gets me there. you know very little of my brain, i dont know how you can reach your conclusions. i am by far the most logically thinking person that i know of personally.