Is there GOD?

Guest Human

According to biographer Walter Isaacson, Einstein was more inclined to denigrate disbelievers than the faithful. Einstein said in correspondence, "The fanatical atheists...are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who—in their grudge against the traditional 'opium of the people'—cannot bear the music of the spheres." Although he did not believe in a personal God, he indicated that he would never seek to combat such belief because "such a belief seems to me preferable to the lack of any transcendental outlook."

"Religion is the opium of the people" is one of the most frequently paraphrased statements of German economist Karl Marx. It was translated from the German original, "Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes" and is often referred to as "religion is the opiate of the masses."

Wikipedia ;)

he is the best example I don't remember his one quote. He compared religion with opium and next part which was important I don't remember that. :biggrin2: Bool gaya........

Again many people like to miss out the full quote from Carl Marx and try to score points but lets look at what the real quote is

• Religious distress is at the same time the expression of real distress and the protest against real distress. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions.

Karl Marx Critique of Hegel’s Philosophy of Right

Usually all one gets from the above is “Religion is the opium of the people“ (with no ellipses to indicate that something has been removed). Sometimes “Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature“ is included. If you compare these with the full quotation, it’s clear that a great deal more is being said than what most people are aware of.

In the above quotation Marx is saying that religion’s purpose is to create illusory fantasies for the poor. Economic realities prevent them from finding true happiness in this life, so religion tells them that this is OK because they will find true happiness in the next life. Although this is a criticism of religion, Marx is not without sympathy: people are in distress and religion provides solace, just as people who are physically injured receive relief from opiate-based drugs.

The quote is not, then, as negative as most portray (at least about religion). In some ways, even the slightly extended quote which people might see is a bit dishonest because saying “Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature...” deliberately leaves out the additional statement that it is also the “heart of a heartless world.”

i dont have any followers. and age of the religion is not the issue. what i am asking is gurbani or sikhism the only path to truth and god. some people say yes but i think you are saying no, there are other paths. is that correct?

therefor my next question is: why is it allowed for some people to smoke, eat meat, drink wine, cut their hair and still acheive unity with god/reach heaven but other people are not allowed to do some or all of these things?

why are people of some religions told in their holy book that only jesus is the way or only mohammed is the way?

either they are following the wrong path or different people have been allowed to follow different paths to reach god?

thanks

Sikhism says that God cannot be realized by reading the Hindu scriptures or the books of the Abrahamic religions (Bible, Koran, Torah). It's a difference of opinion.

Why do birds fly and fish swim? That's what they do. People believe different things.

There are different schools of thought. People don't agree on everything. What's your point?

Its same with even gurbani if u take as pure Holy text and read like by just mere reading u can realize god. Gurbani is pure is the sense we read, we follow and we live according to gurbani. Its important gurbani stress more getting liberated in your life not worry about after death.

baenee kehai sunahu rae bhagathahu maran mukath kin paaee

Guru Nanak Sahib ji also "hasdya, pehanday, kheldaya,jeewandaya, hoi mukat"

?

Sikhi and science both deal with uncovering truths about the universe, but from different angles.

If science doesn't match up with Sikhi, then it is due to a fundamental misunderstanding of one of the two.

IS THERE GOD??? Debate has gone on long enough.

Dharmic faiths don't believe in a guy in the sky who is God.

We believe in a universal energy and consciousness. This is the Supreme Brahman.

We are all a part of this consciousness. There is no "I" as we are a part of the universe.

Scientific Backing

The measurement problem in quantum physics states that an atom appears as a wave when not being observed, and a particle when it is observed.

Conclusion: The universe manifests itself as it is being observed. We are all observing the same thing, therefore we are all part of the same conscious.

Creativity therefore derives from an infinitely abstract pool of consciousness that is waiting to be tapped into.THIS IS GOD.

CONQUER YOUR MIND AND YOU WILL REACH GOD (the state of Sach Khand)

RENCARNATION

Death is the death of your consciousness. Medically speaking, someone is legally dead when they don't have any brain function.

When you die your conscious returns to this infinite pool of creativity, where new things are manifested.

TRYING TO OBSERVE GOD DIRECTLY

Cannot be done. We don't have the equipment (our senses). Some people will only be satisfied if they can see and touch God. It cannot be done.

You cannot look directly at a solar eclipse. But you can deduce that it is there, through indirect means.

PEOPLE COMING ON HERE TO GIVE US A LECTURE ON WHY SCIENCE IS BETTER THAN RELIGION, NEITHER UNDERSTAND SCIENCE NOR SIKHISM.