Is there GOD?

Guest Human

For geo paji

God

When asked about God at Orange County, California, sympathetically he replied, “You can’t say its reality. You certainly can’t say it’s a fiction because something exists. That something needs to be experimented. Nothing can be said about God. You can study about God but nothing has been known because all you know is from the outside, what we would call external. Until you enter from within, the internal can’t be known. By studying about God, you will miss the whole concept and the consequence to that is that you are left with knowledge only. To know is to enter the kingdom, to become one with eternity. Knowledge is from the outside and has nothing what so ever to do with God. Because God is happening.”

“Nothing is hidden from God because God is the inside of everything. The inside knows all. You can hide something from others, but you can’t hide it from yourself. And it is there that God is hidden.”

He went on to say “Why have we invented so many names for God? There must be a certain reason, because God cannot be named, a name can easily be changed, but God remains the same. So why has God been addressed? Because there are moments when you would like to scream out your inner feelings to God in sheer joy. Some name is needed. Muslim Sufis invented ninety-nine names of God that are so beautiful, but why not a hundred? Ninety-nine looks a bit incomplete. There is a certain reason the hundredth name is kept silent and that is the true name of God, which of course can’t be uttered. That is why Guru Nanak said ‘Satnam’. Your name is thee truth. But in reality you can’t utter it because it will lose its’ beauty. It remains un-uttered at the deepest core of the heart. What is God’s true name? Nobody knows that all the names are man’s creation. The true name of God is the existence that surrounds you.”

How can one call Him by all His names? The wise give him names according to His manifestations – Jap Sahib, Guru Gobind Singh Ji He goes on saying. “those kind (the irreligious) of people haven’t known anything of spiritual experience. They’ve never felt any presence of God. The only way to receive God is to drop all your searching and seeking. The real question is recognition, not search, and the only way to know God is to live God.”

Sant Mani Singh UK

[img=https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/74391_117325675107674_922240150_n.jpg]

No one else in my family is Sikh. I don't say it was my personal choice, I'd say He saved me. So now you know where I am coming from. Yes, Sikhi is the only way for me. If someone else chooses another path, hey, its cool with me, whatever rocks their boat. Regarding a good Christian/Muslim, here is what I've heard from other Gursikhs. They believe that the soul gets what it yearns for. So by that logic, a good Muslim/Christian would aspire for heaven and thats the max they'd get. Gurbani takes the soul to the topmost levels of Sachkhand, so thats where Sikhs go. Hang on, these are views I heard/read from other Gursikhs. My views I've already told you. As a Sikh we stay in bhaana, so what happens after death is also included. By the way sir, don't bother yourself what a random person like me believes.

You still haven't answered my question regarding the scientific knowledge in Gurbani that was imparted by those Bhagats who most likely never went to school. How would science explain that?

i didnt know you had asked a question about the scientific knowledge imparted by bhagats who most likely never went to school. i dont know how science would explain it but i would explain it this way:

No scientific knowledge was imparted by bhagats in the gurbani. nothing amazing was ever invented in those days, no electricity, no aeroplanes, no cars, no computers, no internet, no radio, no tv, no penicillin, no cure for cancer, no vaccines, no gps.

the scientific knowledge imparted and inventions in the 20th century have been far greater than all other centuries combined and what is significant about the timing of this explosion in scientific knowledge and invenstion? no new major religions formed.

thanks

For geo paji

im not going to argue about the existence of god or not. people have their own beliefs on that matter and no amount or forum talk will persaude them to change their beliefs from one side to another.

my questions are more to do with religion and the beliefs and ideas of people. i have always been fascinated with what people think and their viewpoints. i like to listen to all views wether i agree with them or not, i find it very interesting. i also like to ask questions to clarify what they are saying but i dont mean to cause any offence.

Knowledge and material alone don't fill the void in everyone's hearts nor do they answer questions about the meaning of life nor did it help end global warming, exponential population growth and depletion of natural resources let alone end world hunger.

im not going to argue about the existence of god or not. people have their own beliefs on that matter and no amount or forum talk will persaude them to change their beliefs from one side to another.

my questions are more to do with religion and the beliefs and ideas of people. i have always been fascinated with what people think and their viewpoints. i like to listen to all views wether i agree with them or not, i find it very interesting. i also like to ask questions to clarify what they are saying but i dont mean to cause any offence.

I like your viewpoint, I prefer people, who say when they dont know i dont know, i guess where im going with this point is people, profess knowledge they dont have, whether it be the god claim, or some other spiritual claim, which is argued by feeling rather than empirical evidence.

Sikhism is not a religion based on Faith.. It’s based on things which can be falsified, so anyone that argues on merit of faith doesn’t know a thing about Sikhism

And the conversation between the professor and student is cringe worthy

just to clarify: this is the post i was responding to. it does appear to say that gurbani is the only path to truth and god. at least that is the way that i understood it. anyone agree or disagree?

Thats right there is no other way to God than through Sat Guru, its also layed-out within Gurbani where people without Sat Guru go after there life ends

Knowledge and material alone don't fill the void in everyone's hearts nor do they answer questions about the meaning of life nor did it help end global warming, exponential population growth and depletion of natural resources let alone end world hunger.

you are right, knowledge isnt for everyone. some people dont have the storage facilities and it ends up going to waste like too much milk for someone who doesnt have a fridge. I also agree that knowledge and science has not solved global warming, exponential population growth or depletion of natural resources or ended world hunger (although it has helped feed billions)

as far as i can see religion has not solved any of these problems either, caused or made them worse? - yes.

I like your viewpoint, I prefer people, who say when they dont know i dont know, i guess where im going with this point is people, profess knowledge they dont have, whether it be the god claim, or some other spiritual claim, which is argued by feeling rather than empirical evidence.

Sikhism is not a religion based on Faith.. It’s based on things which can be falsified, so anyone that argues on merit of faith doesn’t know a thing about Sikhism

And the conversation between the professor and student is cringe worthy

Thats right there is no other way to God than through Sat Guru, its also layed-out within Gurbani where people without Sat Guru go after there life ends

dont you find it strange that only a tiny minority of people have a shot to get to god?

obviously people can convert but lets get real, that is not happening in any great numbers. there are billions of people who beleive they are on the right path but they are all wrong because sikhism is the only way?

im sure you know that as deeply as you hold this belief, there are christians out there who deeply believe that the only way to heaven/god is through jesus?

and there are muslims out there who say the only way is through the prophet mohammed and the koran?

do you really think they are all wrong and only sikhs are correct? i just want to know your honest views.

dont you find it strange that only a tiny minority of people have a shot to get to god?

obviously people can convert but lets get real, that is not happening in any great numbers. there are billions of people who beleive they are on the right path but they are all wrong because sikhism is the only way?

im sure you know that as deeply as you hold this belief, there are christians out there who deeply believe that the only way to heaven/god is through jesus?

and there are muslims out there who say the only way is through the prophet mohammed and the koran?

do you really think they are all wrong and only sikhs are correct? i just want to know your honest views.

Most people used to think the world was flat. What's your point?

Sikhism is only a few hundred years old. So what if you have more followers? Big wup.

Sikhism says that a Muslim should be a good Muslim and a Hindu should be a good Hindu, as all religions teach us to treat each other with respect at their core.

We respect all people of all religions to worship as they please, unlike some religions who believe their prophet is the only one that should be followed.

As Sikhs we believe that the path laid out by our Gurus is the best way to realize God in this life. That's why we are Sikhs.

you are right, knowledge isnt for everyone. some people dont have the storage facilities and it ends up going to waste like too much milk for someone who doesnt have a fridge. I also agree that knowledge and science has not solved global warming, exponential population growth or depletion of natural resources or ended world hunger (although it has helped feed billions)

as far as i can see religion has not solved any of these problems either, caused or made them worse? - yes.

Please don't put words in my mouth. I used to be an atheist and I still love science and its sad people automatically assume religion and science can't coexist.

Knowledge can be used for great good, but can be abused by big businesses and cause many poor to go without health care or food. Same with religion over time the original message of recognizing God and living with divine love has been hijacked by churches and preachers and turned it into somethin the original prophets didn't want.

Here's a big Q to you. Is nitrogen fixation that allows us to make fertilizer good or bad? It's a very deep question. Preferably I'd like you to you think about it and not as much as give me a reply.

It would be wrong to say many people aren't suffering even if we have the power to bring good.

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Aasaa on Pannaa 356
Awsw mhlw 1 caupdy ]
ividAw vIcwrI qW praupkwrI ]
jW pMc rwsI qW qIrQ vwsI ]1]
GuMGrU vwjY jy mnu lwgY ]
qau jmu khw kry mo isau AwgY ]1] rhwau ]
Aws inrwsI qau sMinAwsI ]
jW jqu jogI qW kwieAw BogI ]2]
dieAw idgMbru dyh bIcwrI ]
Awip mrY Avrw nh mwrI ]3]
eyku qU hoir vys bhuqyry ]
nwnku jwxY coj n qyry ]4]25]

aasaa mehalaa 1 choupadhae ||
vidhiaa veechaaree thaa(n) paroupakaaree ||
jaa(n) pa(n)ch raasee thaa(n) theerathh vaasee ||1||
ghu(n)gharoo vaajai jae man laagai ||
tho jam kehaa karae mo sio aagai ||1|| rehaao ||
aas niraasee tho sa(n)niaasee ||
jaa(n) jath jogee thaa(n) kaaeiaa bhogee ||2||
dhaeiaa dhiga(n)bar dhaeh beechaaree ||
aap marai avaraa neh maaree ||3||
eaek thoo hor vaes bahuthaerae ||
naanak jaanai choj n thaerae ||4||25||

Aasaa, First Mehla, Chau-Paday:
Contemplate and reflect upon knowledge, and you will become a benefactor to others.
When you conquer the five passions, then you shall come to dwell at the sacred shrine of pilgrimage. ||1||
You shall hear the vibrations of the tinkling bells, when your mind is held steady.
So what can the Messenger of Death do to me hereafter? ||1||Pause||
When you abandon hope and desire, then you become a true Sannyaasi.
When the Yogi practices abstinence, then he enjoys his body. ||2||
Through compassion, the naked hermit reflects upon his inner self.
He slays his own self, instead of slaying others. ||3||
You, O Lord, are the One, but You have so many Forms.
Nanak does not know Your wondrous plays. ||4||25||