My mom has cancer please help me.

Guest Nimani

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa waheguru Ji Ki fateh.

My mom has a cancer at very rare place, the doctors are not giving much hope. But I have confidence in god and I know ardaas is always heard by our guru . I read before posting this that everyone is prayin for bibi Jagjeet kaur to get well I m praying to god for her too. Can I please ask sangat to do ardaas for my mom. She is in a lot of pain she wants to amrit shak as soon as she can but our gurudwaras do it when there is a mahapurush coming from India. But may be on baisakhi. But pleAse can I beg in front of you sangat to please do ardaas or mool mantar for my mom. That's all I can do for her right now I want my mom to get well as soon as possible seein your mom on bed and no hope is not easy. Please please please please help us. That find a cure for this nasty diesease.

Do as many Sukhmani Sahibs you can do at her bedside, thats what mahapurash recommend.

All the best for her health!

You need ot asra of Gurbani at such difficult times, guru di kirpa naal auke time vi lang jande ne. My uncle succumbed to cancer at 54, so I can relate the pain, anguish and fear.

Do ardaas to Akaal purakh, he knows better,He only can give us to power to stand to its test.

My father died after prolong illness near about six years in bed. I always prayed for his recovery, one day I surrendered to Waheguru, he knows best I prayed give us the strenght to bear it. My father died last year on Jan 18. Pray for her recovery surrendering to akaal purakh He knows best. Its all about his hukam and our being in rajaa.

Having been through caring for my dad through a rare cancer, which sadly led to his passing (despite good responses early on), all i can say to you is do as instructed above. On a personal level, spend as much time as you can with your mother, do as much seva for her and others around her and look after yourself (emotionally and physically). Finally, if there are any things you want to say or raise with her do it now, as there might not be a tomorrow.

I spent a great deal of time in and around hospitals in cancer units and cancer is one of those strange things that can turn unexpectedly for the better or worse, without much warning. So there is always hope.

Have faith and realise that what happens is Waheguru's will.

I am sorry to hear about your mother's illness. Your whole family will need to rally round and be there for your mother. Cancer is different for everyone so the do not look into survival statistics which are on the web. Your mother needs emotional as well as spiritual support, so make sure that you have shabads playing in the house. The strange thing is that cancer is everywhere in society but few people talk about it, it's when your family is affected that you realise that other relatives and friends have also had it. You should also avoid the urge to look up miracle cures on the internet, although you should consider taking things like haldi with kali mirch with milk which from anecdotal evidence can affect the growth of cancer. You mother has remain positive because any operation and/or chemotherapy can be a strain for.

I hope everything goes well and your mother recovers.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use