Stockton Gurudwara committee changes nitnem banis

GPS

DasamSarbloh Granth Veerji, yes it should be 5 banis, but as n30 Singh Jee said we should prioritize and focus our energy at tacking the the Kala Afghanists. Someone following the Akal Takht Maryadha cannot be put in the heretic category, in fact the door is always open to bring them back to reading 5 Banis. But the Kala Afghanists do not read Jaap Sahib, Chaupi Sahib or Savaiye all of which are essential, those are the people we need to focus our energy at.

Peronally I like the Gurdwaras which follow the Taksal Maryadha(I'm not Taksali myself). They read more Bani which is good for the Sangat.

Yes you are right Veer Jee! Thank you for the information. At least this Gurdwara has kept Guru Gobind Singh Jee's Baani.

Which is kind of odd though, it's like they are admitting that these Baani's are by Guru Gobind Singh Jee by saying that "We are following Akal Takht Maryadaa".

:tongue2:

I think we easily loose focus, we all need to collectively make a list of issues in the panth which is shared by sikhs from all walks of life- find a common ground, ultimately find a common cause, stick with it thats it then we can see results..knock down the wall of separation of any kind be it in name of race/sex/creed/caste status, different jatha/samparda/religious social political status, only aim is common cause/aim nothing else.

It's hard for all sikhs to agree on things, agree on certain approach but when broader implications, effects are shown then naturally we do make a compromise as we naturally look at the bigger/better picture and for the sake of unity/bigger picture, stick with the common cause.

We should not loose focus, reminds me of great sakhi of arjuna in mahabharat:

Once, when the five Pandava brothers and Karna were assembled for an archery instruction session with Guru Drona, he tied a wooden fish high on a tree above a pool of water, and asked each student, one by one, to take the archer’s stance. He instructed them to aim their bow and arrow at the fish’s eye, while looking only at its reflection in the water below. As each student came along and took his turn, Guru Drona made them pause in the stance and asked, “Son, what all do you see?” The oldest, Yudhisthira, answered, “The sky, the tree, the …,” and before he could finish, Drona stopped him and replaced him with the next boy. Bhima answered, “The branch of the tree, the fish, the…,” and met the same fate. Even Karna was asked to step aside. When Arjuna, the ace-archer, was asked the same question, he stated without hesitation, “I see the eye of the fish.” And Guru Drona exclaimed with delight, “Shoot!” and Arjuna’s arrow unwaveringly pierced right through the eye of the fish.

We should not loose focus, reminds me of great sakhi of arjuna in mahabharat:

Once, when the five Pandava brothers and Karna were assembled for an archery instruction session with Guru Drona, he tied a wooden fish high on a tree above a pool of water, and asked each student, one by one, to take the archer’s stance. He instructed them to aim their bow and arrow at the fish’s eye, while looking only at its reflection in the water below. As each student came along and took his turn, Guru Drona made them pause in the stance and asked, “Son, what all do you see?” The oldest, Yudhisthira, answered, “The sky, the tree, the …,” and before he could finish, Drona stopped him and replaced him with the next boy. Bhima answered, “The branch of the tree, the fish, the…,” and met the same fate. Even Karna was asked to step aside. When Arjuna, the ace-archer, was asked the same question, he stated without hesitation, “I see the eye of the fish.” And Guru Drona exclaimed with delight, “Shoot!” and Arjuna’s arrow unwaveringly pierced right through the eye of the fish.

I don't thing Karn was a student of Drona. He was a Guru Bhai of Drona, since he was also a student of Parshuram.

There is a common cause, their is a common Sangat. Sikhs are united on many many things.

YET,

these missionaries are the trouble makers.

You know what the (corrupt) Nirmalas did when they were in control of Akal Takhat Sahib? (I understand there are many good Nirmalas too)

(I read this somewhere, if I find the source I will post it)

To make Sikhs fight, one day the "Panj Piaarey" would give out rehit of Kes, and another day they would give out rehit of Keski.

They would alternate daily/weekly and to us it may be a small difference. But that's the thing. Creating small differences add up over time.

What are these missionaries doing?

Changing ardas.

Playing politics by trying to remove faith in Takhats and Jathedaars.

Against Naam Simran.

Against Dasam Granth.

But that's fine. If they believe in that, they should keep it to themselves.

One proof of them trying to split up Sangat is in their name calling.

They call everyone RSS/Nirmala/British-agent, etc.

A few examples are: (Kavi) Bhai Sahib Bhai Santokh Singh Jee is British Agent, Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha Jee is Nirmala agent. (They actively promote these kinds of titles to destroy our history).

Bhai Pinderpal Singh Jee, Bhai Harjinder Singh Jee (Sri Nagar Vale), etc, are Badal agents, etc. Now you can tell me how helpful that is? Now we have people who hate them and people who LOVE them. But who's doing the hating? Oh yeah, the missionaries. So much so that Gurdwaras are turning down Parchaaraks like Pinderpal Singh Jee, and promoting Dhunda.

They openly call and promote people as Dasam Granthi and Kalkaa Panthi.

When Bhai Manpreet Singh Jee did Keertan and the people tried to attack him and attacked people in the Sangat...what was that?

That was the pure outcome of their hatred filled parchaar.

I agree with you about reading 5 nitnem Banis. Unfortunately according to the Akal Takh the morning Nitnem is only 3 Banis. So technically they are only following the Akal Takht Maryadha. Atleast they have not cancelled reading Jaap sahib and Savaiye. So we cannot put them in the Kala Afghanist category because of this move.

but this is amended by a hukamnama issued in in the 1985 signed by 5 singh sahibans asking sikhs and gurughars to read five banis in the morning. They have been reading five banis ever since and see their website still that say five banis

this is a retort by them for not allowing dhundha to speak there.Majority of sangat protest this. committee is representative of so called agpc that sponsored dhundha tour. agpc is tout of sarna.