other religions?

Guest Guest

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh ||

The followibg is an excerpt from Se Kinehiya, the biography of Sant Baba Harnam Singh Jee Rampur Khera Wale. They had a reall high Avastha and were respected by all Gursikhs and Jathebandhis at the time of there living in this world. At there funeral, there were representatives from every single Jathebandhi and Takhat in the Panth. Sant Jarnail Singh Jee Khalsa Bhindranwale were very close to them as well. They couldn't attend the funeral personally as they were busy with the Dharam Yudh Morcha so in their stead they sent Sant Baba Thakur Singh Jee Khalsa Karajkari Mukhi Damdami Taksal.

START OF EXCERPT:

JESUS CHRIST, MOHAMED SAHIB AND BHRIGU

RISHI JI APPEAR IN A VISION

One day Baba Ji was in deep meditation when Jesus Christ, Mohammed Sahib and Bhrigu Rishi Ji together, appeared before him. Their faces were radiant and had spiritually bright auras around their heads. After blessing Baba Ji with this vision Hazrat Mohammed Sahib Ji spoke, You are blessed and truly fortunate to whom Guru Nanak Dev Ji has shown the direct and easy method to attain enlightenment of Almighty God especially in this age of kalyug. The followers of the Great Guru Nanak Dev are not deriving the full benefit of his teachings.

After this, Bhrigu Rishi Ji spoke, In our times, we had to undergo hard penance and rigorous spiritual austerities in order to achieve enlightenment. The whole life of a man was spent in meditation and making offerings to God and even then, union with God was hard to achieve. The true nectar of naam which great Guru Nanak Dev Ji has brought for his Sikhs is remarkable; even we could not obtain this boon of naam. No doubt we amassed great spiritual and miraculous powers through rigorous meditation and penance, including powers to curse or bless anyone, but we were still deprived of the nectar of naam.

Jesus Christ just said simply, It is my inner desire that my followers one day adopt the path shown by great Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Saying these words, all three prophets disappeared.

END OF EXCERPT

That should answer your question fairly well.

Here is the link to the book. Both the Punjabi Version and English Version. Other Gurmukhs have also written as to why Gurmat is the best Path in this dark age of Kalyug and if daas can find those, will post them as well.

Se Kinehiya English: http://rampurkhera.com/files/sekinehiya2006.pdf

Se Kinehiya Punjabi:

http://rampurkhera.com/files/Se_Kinehiya-Pbi.pdf

Bhul Chuk Muaaf

I will be honest here...........

I don't have the slightest problem since all the others were here first !!

As long as you are NOT going to islam, then It's fine.

Otherwise you shouldn't dare be speaking on here !!!!!!!

and if your thinking about it because you may be in live with someone from this other faith, then that too is fine as long as it's not islam !!!!!!! :nono: :nono:

what if you are a sikh and like other religion.I want to say that the destination is same but the paths are different.what will happen if i want to change religion budhism for example.

Pls cmnt

I'm only assuming that you're drawn towards Buddhism because of the way they meditate; something that lacks in the way Sikhi is being preached these days.

Would you like share your opinion about why you would like to adopt any other religion?

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

No doubt if you post a message on a sikh forum, people are going to try and convince you that other religions are useless, sikhi is best etc.

However here's an impartial view: Follow God. Religion is immaterial. God is above any and all religions, he is not attached to any scriptures, sects, groups etc.

I will make a longer post soon explaining how Sikhi at it's core is not a religion, it's above religion. Nowhere do Gurus say that sikhi is a new religion and it is the best one/ others are rubbish, like it says in islam, they have just provided the truth about God-realisation and indeed provided it from the perspectives of different religions also so that a Christian, muslim, buddhist, jain, hindu etc can understand and get onto the right path. Guru Nanak spread God's message around the whole world, many muslims also took amrit from him whilst still considering themselves to be 'good' muslims (whilst being disciples of the true satguru). So the Gurus brought dur ki bani to take us out of this age of Kal Yuga. They have explained the flaws in religions (mostly in terms of necessary empty rituals and forgetting to live within hukam and the forgotten truth about God-realisation).

As someone who has come to the path of God from being an atheist, I can advise you that it is just best to follow God and everything else will follow nicely soon after. You don't even need a religion if you don't want one, unfortunately today "Sikhi" has become just another religion rather than the truth from God/being above religion and to fully benefit, you need amrit which is only given to those who follow sikhi as a religion. Now whilst that's perfectly fine to do, Guru sahib has himself established a path to serve a specific purpose in this dark age (I fail to see proof of Guru ji excluding others as proved by Guru Nanak giving amrit to Muslims in authentic manuscrips written by muslim writers in mecca), it excludes billions of people from a true path of God-realisation simply because they won't given people amrit and let them follow Guru Granth Sahib ji to the letter, which is what they have done for hundreds of years.

Now that said, I have reviewed all "religions". Anyone from any "religion" can reach God, reaching him is not in our hands it's in His hands. I have met scores of people from other religions who are absolutely dripping with spirituality, one knows immediately that they have reached high states of God realisation. I also reviewed buddhism which I found very attractive from the start because it is a very pseudo-scientific spiritual path which appealed to my aetheist and science leaning views at the time (God is effectively irrelevant in Buddhism). However I felt uncomfortable with the swathes of rituals that they practice.

There are many revival Christian groups who have done away with false rituals and gone back to the spiritual essence of the bible, but unfortunately whilst trying to ignore the 'false ritual' elements of the bible, some have lost some important things such as believing that Jesus sahib is God himself/a critical component of God, which is akin to saying that Guru sahib is nirankar.

There are other faiths, newer than Sikhi, such as Bah'ai which you may want to explore.

Islam I would only recommend to someone as a last resort. This is only because from what I have realised, the koran has been both corrupted as well as misunderstood/poorly translated over time and so the way it is currently practiced by the orthodox is unfortunately not fully in keeping with God-realisation. Whilst some ardent muslims may still realise God because for whatever reason God decides that it should happen, it's not full of love and peace as it is intended to be.

Sikhi as a "religion" has its problems too. The way the "religion" version of Sikhi is pushed out by the orthodox is replete with rituals and anti Gurmat customs and false pride that really distract one from God-realisation, but the best thing about this path is that Gurbani speaks the truth and the shabad Guru can give you so much that it is beyond one's wildest expectations. The truth of God as given in Gurbani is unparalleled. So for this reason and this reason alone I would say Sikhi is the only path which is optimal in this age of Kaliyug, so as long as you contemplate on Gurbani and practice only that which is in line with it.

Otherwise I wish you all the best on your journey. I apologize on behalf of the "sikhs" on this forum who may bully you into forgetting about what I believe is a critical aspect in all seekers' lives- the individual journey of truth (God) relisation. Pursue what you believe is natural and in keeping with Gurbani (whatever "religion" you choose) and you'll do all right. It is God himself who inspires one with spirituality.

I would recommend some quiet meditation and contemplation of "big questions" such as the meaning of life, origin of the universe etc. It will help you find answers from within and will help you in your journey. PM me for meditation advice.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

No doubt if you post a message on a sikh forum, people are going to try and convince you that other religions are useless, sikhi is best etc.

However here's an impartial view: Follow God. Religion is immaterial. God is above any and all religions, he is not attached to any scriptures, sects, groups etc.

I will make a longer post soon explaining how Sikhi at it's core is not a religion, it's above religion. Nowhere do Gurus say that sikhi is a new religion and it is the best one/ others are rubbish, like it says in islam, they have just provided the truth about God-realisation and indeed provided it from the perspectives of different religions also so that a Christian, muslim, buddhist, jain, hindu etc can understand and get onto the right path. Guru Nanak spread God's message around the whole world, many muslims also took amrit from him whilst still considering themselves to be 'good' muslims (whilst being disciples of the true satguru). So the Gurus brought dur ki bani to take us out of this age of Kal Yuga. They have explained the flaws in religions (mostly in terms of necessary empty rituals and forgetting to live within hukam and the forgotten truth about God-realisation).

As someone who has come to the path of God from being an atheist, I can advise you that it is just best to follow God and everything else will follow nicely soon after. You don't even need a religion if you don't want one, unfortunately today "Sikhi" has become just another religion rather than the truth from God/being above religion and to fully benefit, you need amrit which is only given to those who follow sikhi as a religion. Now whilst that's perfectly fine to do, Guru sahib has himself established a path to serve a specific purpose in this dark age (I fail to see proof of Guru ji excluding others as proved by Guru Nanak giving amrit to Muslims in authentic manuscrips written by muslim writers in mecca), it excludes billions of people from a true path of God-realisation simply because they won't given people amrit and let them follow Guru Granth Sahib ji to the letter, which is what they have done for hundreds of years.

Now that said, I have reviewed all "religions". Anyone from any "religion" can reach God, reaching him is not in our hands it's in His hands. I have met scores of people from other religions who are absolutely dripping with spirituality, one knows immediately that they have reached high states of God realisation. I also reviewed buddhism which I found very attractive from the start because it is a very pseudo-scientific spiritual path which appealed to my aetheist and science leaning views at the time (God is effectively irrelevant in Buddhism). However I felt uncomfortable with the swathes of rituals that they practice.

There are many revival Christian groups who have done away with false rituals and gone back to the spiritual essence of the bible, but unfortunately whilst trying to ignore the 'false ritual' elements of the bible, some have lost some important things such as believing that Jesus sahib is God himself/a critical component of God, which is akin to saying that Guru sahib is nirankar.

There are other faiths, newer than Sikhi, such as Bah'ai which you may want to explore.

Islam I would only recommend to someone as a last resort. This is only because from what I have realised, the koran has been both corrupted as well as misunderstood/poorly translated over time and so the way it is currently practiced by the orthodox is unfortunately not fully in keeping with God-realisation. Whilst some ardent muslims may still realise God because for whatever reason God decides that it should happen, it's not full of love and peace as it is intended to be.

Sikhi as a "religion" has its problems too. The way the "religion" version of Sikhi is pushed out by the orthodox is replete with rituals and anti Gurmat customs and false pride that really distract one from God-realisation, but the best thing about this path is that Gurbani speaks the truth and the shabad Guru can give you so much that it is beyond one's wildest expectations. The truth of God as given in Gurbani is unparalleled. So for this reason and this reason alone I would say Sikhi is the only path which is optimal in this age of Kaliyug, so as long as you contemplate on Gurbani and practice only that which is in line with it.

Otherwise I wish you all the best on your journey. I apologize on behalf of the "sikhs" on this forum who may bully you into forgetting about what I believe is a critical aspect in all seekers' lives- the individual journey of truth (God) relisation. Pursue what you believe is natural and in keeping with Gurbani (whatever "religion" you choose) and you'll do all right. It is God himself who inspires one with spirituality.

I would recommend some quiet meditation and contemplation of "big questions" such as the meaning of life, origin of the universe etc. It will help you find answers from within and will help you in your journey. PM me for meditation advice.

What onsense have I just read?! Sikhi has NO problems, yes people might personally not agree with everything but that doesn't make sikhi have problems. It could be that people that represent sikhi on tv etc have problems and give a false impression that sikhi has problems but that is completely untrue as sikhi is the one and only religion that is right in every angle, be it maryada, equality, truth etc. everything is perfection and couldn't be any more perfect. Other religions all failed. you may ask why? Well, jesus preached abuot himself, made followers to him and called them his sheep, mohammed made his own followers too BUT guru ji say -ikonkaar. Gru Gobind singh ji say that the khalsa is my form - aape gur chela. at the end of the day every human has been given free will so it is up to you. But there are no faults in it whatsoever. Sorry if I have unintentionally hurt anyone.

rrss jee you have some very strong views, probably influenced by your atheist past. If a former atheist turns to a spiritual path then he should be like an empty glass ready to get poured with spiritual knowledge, but if you are already a full glass with your old ideas then there is not much room for new knowledge. One should never follow a religion influenced by their pre conceived ideas because then you end up distorting the message and misguiding others in the process. For starters you should back up your views with Gurbani or other Sikh canonical scriptures.

All dharams have four layers/stages-
1. Shariat - Outer layer of dharam- rituals,practices, general framework of maryada to help seekers to go to advance stages/layers - tariqat, marfat, hakikat
2. Tariqat - the way of worship for inner mind's purification
3. Marfat - means knowledge
4. Hakikat- means realization of supreme reality.
So with that kept in mind- Sikhi sidhant itself is fastest way to merge with Vahiguroo but not the only way..how? Sikh sidhant itself gives this ishara many many times, from our history along with khalsa panth karak bhramgyanis- sant gurbachan singh bhindranwale, sant isher singh ji rara sahib, sant nand singh ji, sant javala singh ji harkhowal, sant attar singh ji mustaneywale all had same understanding and agreement that most dharams -bhramgyan- hakikat layer is same but karam, upasana(devotion) are different different.
Whilst karam, upasana of all dharams being different different, without any question Gurmat sidhant karam(niskham seva) upasana(naam simran- shabad surat, atamgyan) are most fastest way to get to Vahiguroo as in this iron age (kalyug) - naam simran, nishkam seva are fastest way to purify our antish karan before one gets intoxicated in color of bhramgyan.
Gurmat along with some other exception mystic orders of christianity(gnostic among others), islam(sufi/shia), buddhism(Madhyamaka, tibetan), hinduism(advaita, vishishtadvaita) etc provides seeker path to get to God without karam kaand(empty rituals), senseless upasana(idol worship etc).
Now we are only talking about sidhant here but as far as followers of sikh faith and also other faiths goes as papidas point, rrss rightly pointed out, it is different story all together.
I want to bold the line below from sakhi posted by papidas veer:

The followers of the Great Guru Nanak Dev are not deriving the full benefit of his teachings.

No bloody kidding..!!! Amount of silly stuff we fight over its unbelievable.. its not a stretch to say many sikhs are stuck within shariat layer of dharam so so much that shariat which is supposed to help them, it itself made by seekers into a roadblock of all sort. I don't want this make post an rant but i will end with harsh reality- we are going away from sant aspect of sikhi and going for sipahi aspect of sikhi..we are inadvertently or advertently choosing sipahi aspect of sikhi over sant aspect of sikhi instead of keep right balance..why? In people's head they turned sant-sipahi aspect of sikhi into sipahi aspect of sikhi..why? It sells, its cool, its appealing, its give people obsessive adrenaline rush its gives them control over money, public, abuse power, abuse authority..we don't fully even believe in sipahi aspect of sikhi...deep down inside we are shy to truly believe in advait- "non dual" visionary perception of sri guru arjan dev ji type of shaheedi- tera kiya mitha lagai or advait- "non dual" visionary perception of baba bir singh ji nurangabad type of shaheedi or sipahihood instead of having right balance, its all about sipahihood that pumps up adrenaline rush in one, to kill , to destroy, to smash enemy into pieces without following sipahihood to kill/destroy with core sikh sidhant of advait "non dual vision"..we don't seem have any interest in advait- "non dual" visionary perception of sri guru tegh bahudar shaheedi nor we have any interest in advait- "non dual" visionary perception of bhai bhai ghanaiya ji who feed water, apply medicine to enemies ..someone with avastha try pulling that stunt infront of panth these days- surely they be center of attention of smear campaign in panthic discussion, even on the hit list.....we lost it ..!!
Sikhi-Gurbani is for all, not just confined to some, its depends on individual perception or avastha- there were many around guru maharaj time who only had to connect to marfat/hakikat layer of sikh than all four- shariat, tariqat..they were all parvan...one can tell recently research done on 52 kavis of sri guru gobind singh ji maharaj its pleasantly surprising nothing what ultra tat khalsa revisionist like us to believe...now that just tip of iceberg.!!!
Anyway, i try these days not to get bothered with it, surely its part of hakum as hakum is also intertwined with free will...some of its hakum, some of its self inflicted in free will.
Ang- 1083

saraa sareeath lae ka(n)maavahu ||
Let your practice be to live the spiritual life.

thareekath tharak khoj ttolaavahu ||
Let your spiritual cleansing be to renounce the world and seek God.

maarafath man maarahu abadhaalaa milahu hakeekath jith fir n maraa ||3||
Let control of the mind be your spiritual wisdom, O holy man; meeting with God, you shall never die again. ||3|