waheguroo

sevak

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fatehhh

Last week for my nephew's marriage ,the Ragis refused to perform Anand Karaj ceremony and walked out. Their explanation was that the Delhi Gurdwara prabandha committee has introduced a new rule that if it is a sikh family and the father has his turban but the Groom has his hair cut they will refuse to do anand karaj.The committee was contacted and they asked the ragis to leave immediately. There was a lot of arguments but they left. Someone from gurdwara then read it as they best knew as none ragis were available.

do you think this was correct ? **

Its debateable...

I think its wrong, if they come to seek guruji's blessings, and want to get married according to the Sikhi way, then they should be able to, there shouldn't be any restrictions.

Then again, the groom is making a mockery of kes, by growing his dhari a bit on the day of his marriage, then cutting it.

:T:

Its debateable...

I think its wrong, if they come to seek guruji's blessings, and want to get married according to the Sikhi way, then they should be able to, there shouldn't be any restrictions.

Then again, the groom is making a mockery of kes, by growing his dhari a bit on the day of his marriage, then cutting it.

:T:

There's actually about it in ther rehit tha BOTH kid's ahve to be kesdhari for ANANDKARJ as it's promising to follow GURSIKHI jeevan....

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

in my humble opinion,

if people want to practice rituals like mehndi, dowry, bhangra, it is better they get a cultural wedding and a court ceremony

if people are concerned with gurmat, they should stand before guru granth sahib and promise to take khande-ke-pahul or have already taken it, then they are certified to have anand karaj in guru granth sahib jee's hazooree

doing parkarma / laavaa four times around guru granth sahib in front of the world and the guru is not a joke - it's a serious commitment, you should have given your head to the guru or be ready to do so

i think people who have not taken khande-ke-pahul and cannot make a solemn promise to take khande-ke-pahul soon after their wedding, should not bother participating in the anand karaj as it would become a pointless ritual

also the requirement of amritdharis for anand karaj is an age-old tradition of the guru khalsa panth, which only began to be revised during the singh sabha movement when people started to call themselves "sehajdhari" sikhs as meaning "slow-developing"

actually sehajdhari sikhs are all sikhs - ohnaa nay sehaj noo dhaareaa - they have dhaared (accepted) a life of sehaj (non-procrastinating persistant, perpetual, peaceful, paced, poise in the practice of progress in purity and piety - my favourite tongue twister :lol: )

and khande-ke-pahul is a part of sehaj, because sehaj is steady improvement - not procrastination of your spiritual progress

so even non-married "sehajdhari" sikhs (in th

e modern sense) should give up their reservations and worldly wisdom (sabh siaanpaa chhad kay) and adorn themselves in the guru's bana and become guru-valay (gur kee sarnee pavo) and then they can take part in the anand karaj

if you cannot get married into the Khalsa, if you cannot make a bond with your Guru, how can you make a bond with your husband / wife? Surely the Guru will be more loyal to you... Surely the Guru will be there for you longer... Surely the Guru knows you inside out, which your worldly spouse cannot ever know... So making the bond with Guru is more important and more urgent, isn't it ?

satgur aagai sees bhayt daeio

according to many naam-abhyaasee kamaee vaalay gursikhs, and according to gurbani, everybody is going to get muktee some day ("jab aakarakh karat ho kabhoon, thum mai milath daeh dhar sabhoon" --- "sabh mukat hoaa sansaararaa" ... could be tomorrow, could be thousands of years from now)... everybody is going to get on naanak naam jahaaj and take khande-ke-pahul... so why not now ? :( :wub:

taking khande-ke-pahul is pritham rehat, it's the first stepping stone which people have turned into mount everest rolleyes.gif

please forgive my mistakes

vaaaaaaaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaaaaaaaaa

vaaheguroooojeeeeekeeeeeefathehhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

_/\_

Raagis are right , if its said "anand karaj" then its amritdharis.

if its non amritdhari , better get married in court.

they take sikh dharam lightly.

its better if akaal takht issues hukamnama throu sarbat khalsa.

I never heard of this statement being made, if its true then i agree also. Was this in canada or india ?? I hope it starts taking effect soon !!!