Internalizing Asa di Vaar

We need to understand Waheguru

ਸਲੋਕੁ ਮਃ ੩ ॥

Salok Ma 3 ||

ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਆਪਿ ਅਖਾਇਦਾ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੀ ਸਚੁ ਸੋਇ ॥

Vaahu Vaahu Aap Akhaaeidhaa Gur Sabadhee Sach Soe ||

Waaho! Waaho! The Lord Himself causes us to praise Him, through the True Word of the Guru's Shabad.

ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਸਿਫਤਿ ਸਲਾਹ ਹੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਬੂਝੈ ਕੋਇ ॥

Vaahu Vaahu Sifath Salaah Hai Guramukh Boojhai Koe ||

Waaho! Waaho! is His Eulogy and Praise; how rare are the Gurmukhs who understand this.

ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਚੁ ਹੈ ਸਚਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਾ ਹੋਇ ॥

Vaahu Vaahu Baanee Sach Hai Sach Milaavaa Hoe ||

Waaho! Waaho! is the True Word of His Bani, by which we meet our True Lord.

ਨਾਨਕ ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਕਰਤਿਆ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਕਰਮਿ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਹੋਇ ॥੧॥

Naanak Vaahu Vaahu Karathiaa Prabh Paaeiaa Karam Paraapath Hoe ||1||

O Nanak, chanting Waaho! Waaho! God is attained; by His Grace, He is obtained. ||1||

ਮਃ ੩ ॥

Ma 3 ||

ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਚੁ ਹੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਲਧੀ ਭਾਲਿ ॥

Vaahu Vaahu Baanee Sach Hai Guramukh Ladhhee Bhaal ||

Waaho! Waaho! is the Bani of the True Word. Searching, the Gurmukhs have found it.

ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਸਬਦੇ ਉਚਰੈ ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਨਾਲਿ ॥

Vaahu Vaahu Sabadhae Oucharai Vaahu Vaahu Hiradhai Naal ||

Waaho! Waaho! They chant the Word of the Shabad. Waaho! Waaho! They enshrine it in their hearts.

ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਕਰਤਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਪਾਇਆ ਸਹਜੇ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਭਾਲਿ ॥

Vaahu Vaahu Karathiaa Har Paaeiaa Sehajae Guramukh Bhaal ||

Chanting Waaho! Waaho! the Gurmukhs easily obtain the Lord, after searching.

ਸੇ ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਰਿਦੈ ਸਮਾਲਿ ॥੨॥

Sae Vaddabhaagee Naanakaa Har Har Ridhai Samaal ||2||

O Nanak, very fortunate are those who reflect upon the Lord, Har, Har, within their hearts. ||2||

Guru Granth Sahib

ਸਲੋਕੁ ਮਃ ੩ ॥

Salok Ma 3 ||

ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਬਾਣੀ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਹੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਜੇਵਡੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥

Vaahu Vaahu Baanee Nirankaar Hai This Jaevadd Avar N Koe ||

Waaho! Waaho! is the Bani, the Word, of the Formless Lord. There is no other as great as He is.

ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਅਗਮ ਅਥਾਹੁ ਹੈ ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਸਚਾ ਸੋਇ ॥

Vaahu Vaahu Agam Athhaahu Hai Vaahu Vaahu Sachaa Soe ||

Waaho! Waaho! The Lord is unfathomable and inaccessible. Waaho! Waaho! He is the True One.

ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਵੇਪਰਵਾਹੁ ਹੈ ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਕਰੇ ਸੁ ਹੋਇ ॥

Vaahu Vaahu Vaeparavaahu Hai Vaahu Vaahu Karae S Hoe ||

Waaho! Waaho! He is the self-existent Lord. Waaho! Waaho! As He wills, so it comes to pass.

ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਹੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਪਾਵੈ ਕੋਇ ॥

Vaahu Vaahu Anmrith Naam Hai Guramukh Paavai Koe ||

Waaho! Waaho! is the Ambrosial Nectar of the Naam, the Name of the Lord, obtained by the Gurmukh.

ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਕਰਮੀ ਪਾਈਐ ਆਪਿ ਦਇਆ ਕਰਿ ਦੇਇ ॥

Vaahu Vaahu Karamee Paaeeai Aap Dhaeiaa Kar Dhaee ||

Waaho! Waaho! This is realized by His Grace, as He Himself grants His Grace.

ਨਾਨਕ ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਪਾਈਐ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਲਏਇ ॥੧॥

Naanak Vaahu Vaahu Guramukh Paaeeai Anadhin Naam Leaee ||1||

O Nanak, Waaho! Waaho! This is obtained by the Gurmukhs, who hold tight to the Naam, night and day. ||1||

ਮਃ ੧ ॥ (464-5)

mehlaa 1.

First Mehl:

ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਿਦਸੈ ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਸੁਣੀਐ ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਭਉ ਸੁਖ ਸਾਰੁ ॥ (464-5)

kudrat disai kudrat sunee-ai kudrat bha-o sukh saar.

By His Power we see, by His Power we hear; by His Power we have fear, and the essence of happiness.

ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਪਾਤਾਲੀ ਆਕਾਸੀ ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਸਰਬ ਆਕਾਰੁ ॥ (464-5)

kudrat paataalee aakaasee kudrat sarab aakaar.

By His Power the nether worlds exist, and the Akaashic ethers; by His Power the entire creation exists.

ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਵੇਦ ਪੁਰਾਣ ਕਤੇਬਾ ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਸਰਬ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ॥ (464-6)

kudrat vayd puraan kataybaa kudrat sarab veechaar.

By His Power the Vedas and the Puraanas exist, and the Holy Scriptures of the Jewish, Christian and Islamic religions. By His Power all deliberations exist.

ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਖਾਣਾ ਪੀਣਾ ਪੈਨਣੁ ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਸਰਬ ਿਪਆਰੁ ॥ (464-6)

kudrat khaanaa peenaa painHan kudrat sarab pi-aar.

By His Power we eat, drink and dress; by His Power all love exists.

ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਜਾਤੀ ਿਜਨਸੀ ਰੰਗੀ ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਜੀਅ ਜਹਾਨ ॥ (464-7)

kudrat jaatee jinsee rangee kudrat jee-a jahaan.

- By His Power come the species of all kinds and colors; by His Power the living beings of the world exist.

ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਨੇਕੀਆ ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਬਦੀਆ ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਮਾਨੁ ਅਿਭਮਾਨੁ ॥ (464-7)

kudrat naykee-aa kudrat badee-aa kudrat maan abhimaan.

By His Power virtues exist, and by His Power vices exist. By His Power come honor and dishonor.

ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਪਉਣੁ ਪਾਣੀ ਬੈਸੰਤਰੁ ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਧਰਤੀ ਖਾਕੁ ॥ (464-8)

kudrat pa-un paanee baisantar kudrat Dhartee khaak.

By His Power wind, water and fire exist; by His Power earth and dust exist.

ਸਭ ਤੇਰੀ ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਤੂੰ ਕਾਿਦਰੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪਾਕੀ ਨਾਈ ਪਾਕੁ ॥ (464-8)

sabh tayree kudrat tooN kaadir kartaa paakee naa-ee paak.

Everything is in Your Power, Lord; You are the all-powerful Creator. Your Name is the Holiest of the Holy.

ਨਾਨਕ ਹੁਕਮੈ ਅੰਦਿਰ ਵੇਖੈ ਵਰਤੈ ਤਾਕੋ ਤਾਕੁ ॥੨॥ (464-9)

naanak hukmai andar vaykhai vartai taako taak. ||2||

O Nanak, through the Command of His Will, He beholds and pervades the creation; He is absolutely unrivalled. ||2||

ਪਉੜੀ ॥ (464-9)

pa-orhee.

Pauree:

ਆਪੀਨੈ ਭੋਗ ਭੋਿਗ ਕੈ ਹੋਇ ਭਸਮਿੜ ਭਉਰੁ ਿਸਧਾਇਆ ॥ (464-9)

aapeenHai bhog bhog kai ho-ay bhasmarh bha-ur siDhaa-i-aa.

Enjoying his pleasures, one is reduced to a pile of ashes, and the soul passes away.

ਵਡਾ ਹੋਆ ਦੁਨੀਦਾਰੁ ਗਿਲ ਸੰਗਲੁ ਘਿਤ ਚਲਾਇਆ ॥ (464-10)

vadaa ho-aa duneedaar gal sangal ghat chalaa-i-aa.

He may be great, but when he dies, the chain is thrown around his neck, and he is led away.

ਅਗੈ ਕਰਣੀ ਕੀਰਿਤ ਵਾਚੀਐ ਬਿਹ ਲੇਖਾ ਕਿਰ ਸਮਝਾਇਆ ॥ (464-10)

agai karnee keerat vaachee-ai bahi laykhaa kar samjhaa-i-aa.

There, his good and bad deeds are added up; sitting there, his account is read.

ਥਾਉ ਨ ਹੋਵੀ ਪਉਦੀਈ ਹੁਿਣ ਸੁਣੀਐ ਿਕਆ ਰੂਆਇਆ ॥ (464-11)

thaa-o na hovee pa-udee-ee hun sunee-ai ki-aa roo-aa-i-aa.

He is whipped, but finds no place of rest, and no one hears his cries of pain.

ਮਿਨ ਅੰਧੈ ਜਨਮੁ ਗਵਾਇਆ ॥੩॥ (464-12)

man anDhai janam gavaa-i-aa. ||3||

The blind man has wasted his life away. ||3||

ਦੀਨ ਦਇਆਲ ਸੁਿਣ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਹਿਰ ਪਰ੍ਭ ਹਿਰ ਰਾਇਆ ਰਾਮ ਰਾਜੇ ॥ (449-5)

deen da-i-aal sun bayntee har parabh har raa-i-aa raam raajay.

O Merciful to the meek, hear my prayer, O Lord God; You are my Master, O Lord King.

ਹਉ ਮਾਗਉ ਸਰਿਣ ਹਿਰ ਨਾਮ ਕੀ ਹਿਰ ਹਿਰ ਮੁਿਖ ਪਾਇਆ ॥ (449-6)

ha-o maaga-o saran har naam kee har har mukh paa-i-aa.

I beg for the Sanctuary of the Lord's Name, Har, Har; please, place it in my mouth.

ਭਗਿਤ ਵਛਲੁ ਹਿਰ ਿਬਰਦੁ ਹੈ ਹਿਰ ਲਾਜ ਰਖਾਇਆ ॥ (449-6)

bhagat vachhal har birad hai har laaj rakhaa-i-aa.

It is the Lord's natural way to love His devotees; O Lord, please preserve my honor!

ਜਨੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਸਰਣਾਗਤੀ ਹਿਰ ਨਾਿਮ ਤਰਾਇਆ ॥੪॥੮॥੧੫॥ (449-7)

jan naanak sarnaagatee har naam taraa-i-aa. ||4||8||15||

Servant Nanak has entered His Sanctuary, and has been saved by the Name of the Lord. ||4||8||15|

ਦੀਨ ਦਇਆਲ ਸੁਿਣ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਹਿਰ ਪਰ੍ਭ ਹਿਰ ਰਾਇਆ ਰਾਮ ਰਾਜੇ ॥ (449-5)
deen da-i-aal sun bayntee har parabh har raa-i-aa raam raajay.
O Merciful to the meek, hear my prayer, O Lord God; You are my Master, O Lord King.
ਹਉ ਮਾਗਉ ਸਰਿਣ ਹਿਰ ਨਾਮ ਕੀ ਹਿਰ ਹਿਰ ਮੁਿਖ ਪਾਇਆ ॥ (449-6)
ha-o maaga-o saran har naam kee har har mukh paa-i-aa.
I beg for the Sanctuary of the Lord's Name, Har, Har; please, place it in my mouth.
ਭਗਿਤ ਵਛਲੁ ਹਿਰ ਿਬਰਦੁ ਹੈ ਹਿਰ ਲਾਜ ਰਖਾਇਆ ॥ (449-6)
bhagat vachhal har birad hai har laaj rakhaa-i-aa.
It is the Lord's natural way to love His devotees; O Lord, please preserve my honor!
ਜਨੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਸਰਣਾਗਤੀ ਹਿਰ ਨਾਿਮ ਤਰਾਇਆ ॥੪॥੮॥੧੫॥ (449-7)
jan naanak sarnaagatee har naam taraa-i-aa. ||4||8||15||
Servant Nanak has entered His Sanctuary, and has been saved by the Name of the Lord. ||4||8||15|

Veerji, I am not sure what Is happening here because I thought the pauri ends at ' Man anḏẖai janam gavā▫i▫ā.'

However , it carries on to ang 449 ??

and is just part of it.

Is there a technical error or does this paaht have another different version as I'm a little confused as this was also in another of your previous posts.?

ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਵੇਦ ਪੁਰਾਣ ਕਤੇਬਾ ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਸਰਬ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ॥ (464-6)
kudrat vayd puraan kataybaa kudrat sarab veechaar.
By His Power the Vedas and the Puraanas exist, and the Holy Scriptures of the Jewish, Christian and Islamic religions. By His Power all deliberations exist.

By his Power all these previous religions came into being., so there is no denying that there was a Moses,Jesus and mohammed. and with these religions also came the 'sarab veechar' or 'all of the contemplation of these scriptures.

ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਖਾਣਾ ਪੀਣਾ ਪੈਨਣੁ ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਸਰਬ ਿਪਆਰੁ ॥ (464-6)
kudrat khaanaa peenaa painHan kudrat sarab pi-aar.
By His Power we eat, drink and dress; by His Power all love exists.

It's his power that we have all the different types of foods, drink, material or clothes to wear (painhan), and everything that the different creatures love and need (sarab piar).
- he provides the appropriate accommodations and foods for different living things since a fox's needs are different to a horse and different to a human ..etc...etc..

ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਜਾਤੀ ਿਜਨਸੀ ਰੰਗੀ ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਜੀਅ ਜਹਾਨ ॥ (464-7)
kudrat jaatee jinsee rangee kudrat jee-a jahaan.
- By His Power come the species of all kinds and colors; by His Power the living beings of the world exist.

ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਨੇਕੀਆ ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਬਦੀਆ ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਮਾਨੁ ਅਿਭਮਾਨੁ ॥ (464-7)
kudrat naykee-aa kudrat badee-aa kudrat maan abhimaan.
By His Power virtues exist, and by His Power vices exist. By His Power come honor and dishonor.

ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਪਉਣੁ ਪਾਣੀ ਬੈਸੰਤਰੁ ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਧਰਤੀ ਖਾਕੁ ॥ (464-8)
kudrat pa-un paanee baisantar kudrat Dhartee khaak.
By His Power wind, water and fire exist; by His Power earth and dust exist.

ਸਭ ਤੇਰੀ ਕੁਦਰਿਤ ਤੂੰ ਕਾਿਦਰੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪਾਕੀ ਨਾਈ ਪਾਕੁ ॥ (464-8)
sabh tayree kudrat tooN kaadir kartaa paakee naa-ee paak.
Everything is in Your Power, Lord; You are the all-powerful Creator. Your Name is the Holiest of the Holy.

ਨਾਨਕ ਹੁਕਮੈ ਅੰਦਿਰ ਵੇਖੈ ਵਰਤੈ ਤਾਕੋ ਤਾਕੁ ॥੨॥ (464-9)
naanak hukmai andar vaykhai vartai taako taak. ||2||
O Nanak, through the Command of His Will, He beholds and pervades the creation; He is absolutely unrivalled. ||2||

The almighty keeps Everything subject to his divine control and hukam. He watches(vekhai) whilst also being present alone(tako tak), but he remains Untouched by goings on of creation.

ਪਉੜੀ ॥ (464-9)
pa-orhee.
Pauree:
Enjoying his pleasures, one is reduced to a pile of ashes, and the soul passes away.

When us mortals have lived our lives enjoying the pleasures(bhog), then the soul (sidhiaa) leaves the body like a bumble-bee (Bhaur) and the body becomes a pile of dead ash.

He may be great, but when he dies, the chain is thrown around his neck, and he is led away.
This term great is for great as in age, or being of great age. - I don't think the 'vadaa' means big powerful, mighty..etc..
It is talking about the same us, as mortal, - the person of this world (duneedar) maybe so great of age (vadaa) that when his soul is taken away or driven out of the body(chalaa iaa) it is as if there is a chain (sangal) on his neck and he has NO CHOICE but has to go where the end of the chain takes him. !!
We don't know where this chain will take us, but our soul may be free as it is not held in a physical body but it still won't make it's own choice of where and which way to go !!
I Find this 'chain- concept' quite interesting but it took me a while to understand it properly.

So, the chain has taken us led us to his court, where our account is read. Like a person in court held with a chain, we are made to sit patiently and LISTEN to the account.
The good deeds and kamai along with bad deeds are all tallied up and a final resolution is made and explained (samjhaa)

I think I would translate the above a little differently and more specifically to what was stated above-
Now, that the account has been read in the court and the final resolution explained..... then, if the account is in debit.. ie more weight of bad and no good deeds, then the soul is hit or subject to torture (pa-udee).and there is NO PLACE for it to go (na hovee thau). It cannot escape from the consequences of the deeds, it is too late to ask for forgiveness, it is too late to get an alternative form of resolution. There is no use crying now(rooaania) as there is no one to hear(suneeai) it.
NOTE-.If you can't be with HIM in that ONE place, then your soul will be battered and whipped with no place to go. Distress,shame and regret that you wasted your life. You will go back into the 84 lak cycle again.

This last tuk, ends the pauri from what I gather.
Because this is what happens to the blinda-ndhaa-, the blind is reference to not the person but the 'MIND'
The Blind Mind, that has been blinded by indulgence, pleasures and ego in this world play or drama, has wasted the valuable human birth (janam-u) (NOTE janaam-u is reference to HUMAN Life form of the different 84 lak forms)
AND did NOT use the opportunity to try and merge the soul with Akaal Purakh.
I can imagine that the soul or consciousness, ''KNOWS" even when the chain drags it along that it wants to be with the supreme soul where it came from. I can imagine it having such an urge and longing to be one with the Lord God, but knows that the MIND was too foolish to wake up.
Therefore, this itself is the suffering, to know that you will NOT be ONE with Akaal Purakh for Eternity,  itk

ਪਉੜੀ ॥ (464-9)
pa-orhee.
Pauree:
When us mortals have lived our lives enjoying the pleasures(bhog), then the soul (sidhiaa) leaves the body like a bumble-bee (Bhaur) and the body becomes a pile of dead ash.
This term great is for great as in age, or being of great age. - I don't think the 'vadaa' means big powerful, mighty..etc..
It is talking about the same us, as mortal, - the person of this world (duneedar) maybe so great of age (vadaa) that when his soul is taken away or driven out of the body(chalaa iaa) it is as if there is a chain (sangal) on his neck and he has NO CHOICE but has to go where the end of the chain takes him. !!
We don't know where this chain will take us, but our soul may be free as it is not held in a physical body but it still won't make it's own choice of where and which way to go !!
I Find this 'chain- concept' quite interesting but it took me a while to understand it properly.
So, the chain has taken us led us to his court, where our account is read. Like a person in court held with a chain, we are made to sit patiently and LISTEN to the account.
The good deeds and kamai along with bad deeds are all tallied up and a final resolution is made and explained (samjhaa)
I think I would translate the above a little differently and more specifically to what was stated above-
Now, that the account has been read in the court and the final resolution explained..... then, if the account is in debit.. ie more weight of bad and no good deeds, then the soul is hit or subject to torture (pa-udee).and there is NO PLACE for it to go (na hovee thau). It cannot escape from the consequences of the deeds, it is too late to ask for forgiveness, it is too late to get an alternative form of resolution. There is no use crying now(rooaania) as there is no one to hear(suneeai) it.
NOTE- I find this suitable in the sense that Sikhism does not have heaven and hell. If you can't be with HIM in that ONE place, then your soul will feel as if it is battered and whipped with no place to go, as you will go back into the 84 lak life forms to live through the cycle again.
This last tuk, ends the pauri from what I gather.
Because this is what happens to the blinda-ndhaa-, the blind is reference to not the person but the 'MIND'
The Blind Mind, that has been blinded by indulgence, pleasures and ego in this world play or drama, has wasted the valuable human birth (janam-u) (NOTE janaam-u is reference to HUMAN Life form of the different 84 lak forms)
AND did NOT use the opportunity to try and merge the soul with Akaal Purakh.
I can imagine that the soul or consciousness, ''KNOWS" even when the chain drags it along that it wants to be with the supreme soul where it came from. I can imagine it having such an urge and longing to be one with the Lord God, but knows that the MIND was too foolish to wake up.
Therefore, this itself is the suffering, to know that you will NOT be ONE with Akaal Purakh for Eternity.

I am Not endorsing the above but they are my sole interpretations and understandings only.

All errors are Mine and I stand corrected.

It made me realize just how much information comes from a single pangtee here.

Bhagat Beni ji explains
ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
Ik Oankaar Sathigur Prasaadh ||
ਰੇ ਨਰ ਗਰਭ ਕੁੰਡਲ ਜਬ ਆਛਤ ਉਰਧ ਧਿਆਨ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਗਾ ॥
Rae Nar Garabh Kunddal Jab Aashhath Ouradhh Dhhiaan Liv Laagaa ||
O man, when you were coiled in the cradle of the womb, upside-down, you were absorbed in meditation.
ਮਿਰਤਕ ਪਿੰਡਿ ਪਦ ਮਦ ਨਾ ਅਹਿਨਿਸਿ ਏਕੁ ਅਗਿਆਨ ਸੁ ਨਾਗਾ ॥
Mirathak Pindd Padh Madh Naa Ahinis Eaek Agiaan S Naagaa ||
You took no pride in your perishable body; night and day were all the same to you-you lived unknowing, in the silence of the void.
ਤੇ ਦਿਨ ਸੰਮਲੁ ਕਸਟ ਮਹਾ ਦੁਖ ਅਬ ਚਿਤੁ ਅਧਿਕ ਪਸਾਰਿਆ ॥
Thae Dhin Sanmal Kasatt Mehaa Dhukh Ab Chith Adhhik Pasaariaa ||
Remember the terrible pain and suffering of those days, now that you have spread out the net of your consciousness far and wide.
ਗਰਭ ਛੋਡਿ ਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਮੰਡਲ ਆਇਆ ਤਉ ਨਰਹਰਿ ਮਨਹੁ ਬਿਸਾਰਿਆ ॥੧॥
Garabh Shhodd Mrith Manddal Aaeiaa Tho Narehar Manahu Bisaariaa ||1||
Leaving the womb, you entered this mortal world; you have forgotten the Lord from your mind. ||1||
ਫਿਰਿ ਪਛੁਤਾਵਹਿਗਾ ਮੂੜਿਆ ਤੂੰ ਕਵਨ ਕੁਮਤਿ ਭ੍ਰਮਿ ਲਾਗਾ ॥
Fir Pashhuthaavehigaa Moorriaa Thoon Kavan Kumath Bhram Laagaa ||
Later, you will regret and repent-you fool! Why are you engrossed in evil-mindedness and skepticism?
ਚੇਤਿ ਰਾਮੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਜਮ ਪੁਰਿ ਜਾਹਿਗਾ ਜਨੁ ਬਿਚਰੈ ਅਨਰਾਧਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Chaeth Raam Naahee Jam Pur Jaahigaa Jan Bicharai Anaraadhhaa ||1|| Rehaao ||
Think of the Lord, or else you shall be led to the City of Death. Why are you wandering around, out of control? ||1||Pause||
ਬਾਲ ਬਿਨੋਦ ਚਿੰਦ ਰਸ ਲਾਗਾ ਖਿਨੁ ਖਿਨੁ ਮੋਹਿ ਬਿਆਪੈ ॥
Baal Binodh Chindh Ras Laagaa Khin Khin Mohi Biaapai ||
You play like a child, craving sweets; moment by moment, you become more entangled in emotional attachment.
ਰਸੁ ਮਿਸੁ ਮੇਧੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਬਿਖੁ ਚਾਖੀ ਤਉ ਪੰਚ ਪ੍ਰਗਟ ਸੰਤਾਪੈ ॥
Ras Mis Maedhh Anmrith Bikh Chaakhee Tho Panch Pragatt Santhaapai ||
Tasting good and bad, you eat nectar and then poison, and then the five passions appear and torture you.
ਜਪੁ ਤਪੁ ਸੰਜਮੁ ਛੋਡਿ ਸੁਕ੍ਰਿਤ ਮਤਿ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਅਰਾਧਿਆ ॥
Jap Thap Sanjam Shhodd Sukirath Math Raam Naam N Araadhhiaa ||
Abandoning meditation, penance and self-restraint, and the wisdom of good actions, you do not worship and adore the Lord's Name.
ਉਛਲਿਆ ਕਾਮੁ ਕਾਲ ਮਤਿ ਲਾਗੀ ਤਉ ਆਨਿ ਸਕਤਿ ਗਲਿ ਬਾਂਧਿਆ ॥੨॥
Oushhaliaa Kaam Kaal Math Laagee Tho Aan Sakath Gal Baandhhiaa ||2||
You are overflowing with sexual desire, and your intellect is stained with darkness; you are held in the grip of Shakti's power. ||2||
ਤਰੁਣ ਤੇਜੁ ਪਰ ਤ੍ਰਿਅ ਮੁਖੁ ਜੋਹਹਿ ਸਰੁ ਅਪਸਰੁ ਨ ਪਛਾਣਿਆ ॥
Tharun Thaej Par Thria Mukh Johehi Sar Apasar N Pashhaaniaa ||
In the heat of youthful passion, you look with desire upon the faces of other men's wives; you do not distinguish between good and evil.
ਉਨਮਤ ਕਾਮਿ ਮਹਾ ਬਿਖੁ ਭੂਲੈ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਨ ਪਛਾਨਿਆ ॥
Ounamath Kaam Mehaa Bikh Bhoolai Paap Punn N Pashhaaniaa ||
Drunk with sexual desire and other great sins, you go astray, and do not distinguish between vice and virtue.
ਸੁਤ ਸੰਪਤਿ ਦੇਖਿ ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਗਰਬਿਆ ਰਾਮੁ ਰਿਦੈ ਤੇ ਖੋਇਆ ॥
Suth Sanpath Dhaekh Eihu Man Garabiaa Raam Ridhai Thae Khoeiaa ||
Gazing upon your children and your property, your mind is proud and arrogant; you cast out the Lord from your heart.
ਅਵਰ ਮਰਤ ਮਾਇਆ ਮਨੁ ਤੋਲੇ ਤਉ ਭਗ ਮੁਖਿ ਜਨਮੁ ਵਿਗੋਇਆ ॥੩॥
Avar Marath Maaeiaa Man Tholae Tho Bhag Mukh Janam Vigoeiaa ||3||
When others die, you measure your own wealth in your mind; you waste your life in the pleasures of the mouth and sexual organs. ||3||
ਪੁੰਡਰ ਕੇਸ ਕੁਸਮ ਤੇ ਧਉਲੇ ਸਪਤ ਪਾਤਾਲ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੀ ॥
Punddar Kaes Kusam Thae Dhhoulae Sapath Paathaal Kee Baanee ||
Your hair is whiter than the jasmine flower, and your voice has grown feeble, as if it comes from the seventh underworld.
ਲੋਚਨ ਸ੍ਰਮਹਿ ਬੁਧਿ ਬਲ ਨਾਠੀ ਤਾ ਕਾਮੁ ਪਵਸਿ ਮਾਧਾਣੀ ॥
Lochan Sramehi Budhh Bal Naathee Thaa Kaam Pavas Maadhhaanee ||
Your eyes water, and your intellect and strength have left you; but still, your sexual desire churns and drives you on.
ਤਾ ਤੇ ਬਿਖੈ ਭਈ ਮਤਿ ਪਾਵਸਿ ਕਾਇਆ ਕਮਲੁ ਕੁਮਲਾਣਾ ॥
Thaa Thae Bikhai Bhee Math Paavas Kaaeiaa Kamal Kumalaanaa ||
And so, your intellect has dried up through corruption, and the lotus flower of your body has wilted and withered.
ਅਵਗਤਿ ਬਾਣਿ ਛੋਡਿ ਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਮੰਡਲਿ ਤਉ ਪਾਛੈ ਪਛੁਤਾਣਾ ॥੪॥
Avagath Baan Shhodd Mrith Manddal Tho Paashhai Pashhuthaanaa ||4||
You have forsaken the Bani, the Word of the Immortal Lord, in this mortal world; in the end, you shall regret and repent. ||4||
ਨਿਕੁਟੀ ਦੇਹ ਦੇਖਿ ਧੁਨਿ ਉਪਜੈ ਮਾਨ ਕਰਤ ਨਹੀ ਬੂਝੈ ॥
Nikuttee Dhaeh Dhaekh Dhhun Oupajai Maan Karath Nehee Boojhai ||
Gazing upon the tiny bodies of your children, love has welled up within your heart; you are proud of them, but you do not understand.
ਲਾਲਚੁ ਕਰੈ ਜੀਵਨ ਪਦ ਕਾਰਨ ਲੋਚਨ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਸੂਝੈ ॥
Laalach Karai Jeevan Padh Kaaran Lochan Kashhoo N Soojhai ||
You long for the dignity of a long life, but your eyes can no longer see anything.
ਥਾਕਾ ਤੇਜੁ ਉਡਿਆ ਮਨੁ ਪੰਖੀ ਘਰਿ ਆਂਗਨਿ ਨ ਸੁਖਾਈ ॥
Thhaakaa Thaej Ouddiaa Man Pankhee Ghar Aaangan N Sukhaaee ||
Your light has gone out, and the bird of your mind has flown away; you are no longer welcome in your own home and courtyard.
ਬੇਣੀ ਕਹੈ ਸੁਨਹੁ ਰੇ ਭਗਤਹੁ ਮਰਨ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਕਿਨਿ ਪਾਈ ॥੫॥
Baenee Kehai Sunahu Rae Bhagathahu Maran Mukath Kin Paaee ||5||
Says Baynee, listen, O devotee: who has ever attained liberation after such a death? ||5||

Yeh, you should carry on by all means .

We could all try and give our own understanding and interpretations whenever possible.  You will know, that sometimes it just doesn't click and other times it may come in an instant. But this way we learn from each other and that's what it's all supposed to be about.

I believe it was a good idea that you started here, and we should all give it a shot as time may allow each of us.