North Carolina Gurdwara refuses an anand karaj

Guest dasguruka

We cannot strengthen our faith by diluting it by encouraging inter faith marriages. If anything this type of encouragement is a recipe for weakening our community. Point is, we are not stopping anyone from marrying who they chose, they are free to marry who they want. But to allow it through the Anand Karaj ceremony in a Gurdwara thus indirectly hinting that some how Sikhi approves of this is wrong and sends the wrong message to the Sikh youth.

You are spot on Johny but all our explanations are going to fall on deaf ears of pretenders who do not have an iota of understanding about Sikhi.

You are spot on Johny but all our explanations are going to fall on deaf ears of pretenders who do not have an iota of understanding about Sikhi.

who made you an authority on sikhi, calling others pretender's and deaf is this your way to bring people to sikhi

ਬਿਲਕੁਲ ਸਹੀ ਗੱਲ ਕਹੀ ਹੈ ਤੁਸੀਂ। ਸਾਨੂੰ ਵਿਰਾਸੱਤ ਵਿਚ ਮਿਲੇ ਸੰਸਕਾਰ ਤੇ ਪਰਮਪ੍ਰਾਵਾਂ ਦਾ ਮਖੌਲ ਉਡਾਉਣਾ ਅੱਜ ਕੱਲ ਦਾ ਫੈਸ਼ਨ ਜਿਹਾ ਬਨ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ। ਖੈਰ.... ਸਚੇ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ ਇਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰਮਤ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਸੋਝੀ ਬਕਸ਼ਨ।

This is how and why the ceremony of anand karaj was started, heard from one of Giani Thakur Singh ji's katha:-

people even ones who were following Guru sahibs were being married per Hindu rituals until Guru sahib initiated "Anand Karaj". There was one poor man who fixed his daughters wedding, but the pandit was harrasing them for money and discriminating due to their low caste. Then this man came to Guru sahib, cried for help that like this our daughters will remain unwed, where would we go? Then Guru sahib said we'll take Guru sahibs blessing and initiated the ceremony of Anand Karaj. After that sikhs and poor started to get married via anand karaj and they didn't have to beg from pandits.......

Guest dasguruka

Were they refused the Anandkaraj ceremony because of their caste or because they were non Sikhs? there is a difference. Because the OP's post does not mention caste being an issue but now everyone here is talking about caste.

It was not mentioned exactly but if he is writing to Akal Takht then I would assume that he belongs to so called "lower caste"

This is how and why the ceremony of anand karaj was started, heard from one of Giani Thakur Singh ji's katha:-

people even ones who were following Guru sahibs were being married per Hindu rituals until Guru sahib initiated "Anand Karaj". There was one poor man who fixed his daughters wedding, but the pandit was harrasing them for money and discriminating due to their low caste. Then this man came to Guru sahib, cried for help that like this our daughters will remain unwed, where would we go? Then Guru sahib said we'll take Guru sahibs blessing and initiated the ceremony of Anand Karaj. After that sikhs and poor started to get married via anand karaj and they didn't have to beg from pandits.......

Looks like the pandits are back, i am not for interfaith marriages but against any suggestion that non amritdharis / moneh being disallowed Anand karaj or conditions imposed just read the comment below what next, so people who have been saying it is not an amritdhari or non amritdhari issue, why the words below then.

Sevadar01, on 29 Apr 2013 - 11:43, said:snapback.png

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji Ki fateh,

There should be a universal rule at all Guru Kars. If any Non - Amritdhari's would like to be blessed by maharaj in an Anand Karaj ceremony then they must attend the Guru Kar for at least 6 month to sit in Sangat and take part in Seva.

Guest dasguruka

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji Ki fateh,

There should be a universal rule at all Guru Kars. If any Non - Amritdhari's would like to be blessed by maharaj in an Anand Karaj ceremony then they must attend the Guru Kar for at least 6 month to sit in Sangat and take part in Seva.

Does this mean that the people who are Amritdharis went through this 6 month thing and after they were blessed by maharaj? Khalsa Ji even though your approach for 6 months is respectable, I don't think it would make a major difference. People have been going to Gurdwaras their whole lives and there's been no change and then you have those who have never gone to Gurdwara and rarely go but one day they decide to go and boom! their whole lives change and they decide to take Amrit. My point is that we cannot force Sikhi onto individuals. If Guru Sahib calls people to their doors and wants to bless them, then he will. If he does not then he won't. We don't know and we can not force.

This would seperate all " i just want to get married in the nice Gurdwara because my wedding pics will come out nice " crowd to those who genuinly want maharajs blessing.

These days ALL Gurdware are ran as businesses so therefore we need ALL Gurdwara committees to universally agree with these rules. If one chooses to stray then they will be flooded with bookings which will = Money for the Secretarys new Merc - Benz,

Although I agree with that we need all Gurdwaras to connect and then do parchar, keep in mind that we have numerous committees around the country who have members that are monas. Would they be excluded from the committee? Do we turn away people monas who have maya and want to do seva and donate? No we don't. Then how can you refuse an Anand Karaj for the same people.

DasGuruka Ji, We have a situation at our local Gurdwara where a Grand daughter of hardcore Nakali Nirankaris wants to marry a Hindhu boy at the Gurdwara.The girls family first said they would marry at their Nakali Nirankari Bhawan however the boy said that he would only marry if it is at the Gurdwara ???

Obviously Khalsa Ji this marriage is not trying to follow the roots of Sikhi but trying to do the minimum, please parents, and move on with their lives. I may be wrong. Who am I to assume? The new generation doesn't care about the holds/bars/barriers placed on by a previous generation that never followed the teachings of Guru Sahib in the first place.

Ok, so the Girls Family are majority Nakali Nirankari's who will disrespect maharaj purposfully which will result in trouble as we will not stand for that.

The boy is not a Sikh. If he wanted maharaj's blessing why hasn't he even done the minimum of changing his name to Singh ????

Sorry to say that the majority of Anand Karajs are a staged show and no less. This is the reason for my suggestion of 6 months attendance to the Guru kar in order to take part in Seva and Sangat.

Yes, but I wouldn't be so sure on everything. We can only try.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

WJKK WJKF !!!!