how can one be true sikh in middle of people with opposite thinking?

Guest dhan nirankar

Guest dhan nirankar

I am not calling myself true Sikh because I know I am not close to being a true Sikh yet but trying a lot but living in an environment where most of my family member have apposite thinking. in my family they go to pundits, kalesh is there, I live in a big family and kids here are screaming most of the time (I am not blaming the kids because they learn all that from vadde log in family) and I am not allowed to say anything. when I am by myself I enjoy bani ,I want to listen to sakhiya , katha but when I sit with them my heart is never shaant. I am always getting mad , always want to say bad things to make them be quiet and all the things that we are taught not to do I basically want to do that because by those actions they are setting bad example for the kids . Its hard to say I am not going to talk to them and not going to sit with them because they are my family but I want shaanti in my life ,in my heart. they don't ask me to stop doing path or anything like that but they don't want to change themselves either. which is sometimes hard, living with them. what can I do ?

I live in a place where I am having difficulty finding sadh sangat.where I can go and talk to them but I am hoping this website will help me.

Same scenario at my home...big familu half of them worship hindu goddesses....

I m craving to follow sikhi...

They say I have gone mad :) they make me weak.....kalesh happens....my father is No good....still trying to follow sikhI......

People laugh when I sing shabad n do path...

Still trying to follow sikhi...they say I pretend to b follower of God coz I m Short tempered...

They question me that after doing so much path y I m not able to control anger....

I don't have answer for it...I m doing what is gud for me....n trying to find some ways to escape from here....but my mother luvz me so much that she wont allow me to.....

A mess situation still following sikhi as much as I can :) :)

Keep on reciting his name he will help :)

try to stay strong in your amritvela and your meditation. you can't change others so don't be too attached to expectations. but once you have changed yourself a great deal they may become inspired to change. listen to katha and read jeevanis of great sikhs to remain inspired.

ignore them.....let them do whatever they want and you continue to do what you want..........read books, listen path, keertan, katha, audio books.....you'll be so busy doing all this that you won't even have time to think about what others say....check out the sikhi book club on this site....

....and do ardas ke Guru ji summat bakhshan

bhagta te sansaria, jorh kade na aayea.......

If they respect your desire to do paath etc, maybe you could show them some respect as adults that they choose not to do paath.

They are born with their karams and you, yours. Why are you trying so hard with them, when you seem to be struggling yourself?

And you were a kid once, kids make noise! Time your activities so that when you are doing paath, the kids are not there, or are asleep.

I have noticed a lot of Sikh families in india will have pictures of other dharm avtars etc, in their houses. Like they respect all dharms, and make it part of their lives too. this is so confusing, and this is what our family ended up doing too for a while, rather than to follow one path. It must be hard for u penji to have different views at home, and its understandable end of day are ur parents and u dont want to hurt them either. But whatever u do, i will only advice for u not to give up Sikhi.. Once u have found it u are so lucky to have this experience, not belittling any other faith, but i spent years not knowing about Sikhi, being confused all the time.

Embrace Sikhi and the reason u are gettin angry is because you dont have the support u need. Its like you are being picked on little things and having them related to what u believe in. They dont understand what u are going thru..

Jis ghar ch santokh hove us ghar ch gusa v nai aunda, jis ghar ch raah vakre hove, soch vakhri hove, fir tha fark te hona hai khaylaa ch, te gusa kalesh hona te hai.. Waheguru da nau leyi jaa ki pata sare badal jayuge ik din.