Daughter Killed For Her Organs...

chatanga

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2324213/Our-daughter-killed-organs-say-parents-Gurkiren-Kaur-Loyal.html

a terrible story to read.

Our daughter was killed for her organs: Parents claim Indian medic gave schoolgirl deadly injection after she fell ill on holiday

Gurkiren Kaur Loyal, eight, died in Punjab on April 2 during family holiday

Schoolgirl from Birmingham had sought treatment for mild dehydration

Family say she was victim of failed attempt to harvest her organs

Birmingham councillor and Ladywood MP calling for answers over tragedy

By Harriet Arkell

PUBLISHED: 10:05, 14 May 2013 | UPDATED: 10:46, 14 May 2013

Comments (16)

The parents of a schoolgirl who died after seeking treatment for dehydration during a family holiday to India have called for her organs to be returned to the UK so they can rule out foul play.

Eight-year-old Gurkiren Kaur Loyal, from Birmingham, died in hospital in Punjab on April 2 after being admitted to a nearby clinic suffering from mild dehydration and being given a mystery injection.

Aware of the risk of illegal organ harvesting, her relatives say they guarded her body so her organs could not be taken in time to be transplanted.

This is the last picture of Gurkiren Kaur Loyal, front, with her parents and brother before she died in India last month aged eight in what her parents believe was an attempt to illegally harvest her organs

This is the last picture of Gurkiren Kaur Loyal, front, with her parents and brother before she died in India last month aged eight in what her parents believe was a failed attempt to illegally harvest her organs

But they claim that doctors in India later removed her organs to hide the cause of the schoolgirl's death.

Gurkiren's family believe their daughter was the victim of a failed attempt to illegally harvest her organs, and then a cover-up when medics realised they could not extract her organs in time.

Mother Amrit Kaur Loyal says they only discovered Gurkiren's organs were missing when her body was flown home to the UK and the Birmingham coroner told them it would be impossible to establish a cause of death because there were no organs to take samples from.

Now the schoolgirl's parents, who live in the Birmingham suburb of Hockley, are calling for their daughter's organs to be flown back to the UK so they can discover how she died.

And they have been joined in their campaign by Birmingham Ladywood MP Shabana Mahmood and Birmingham councillor Narinder Kooner.

They say subsequent to their daughter's death on the family holiday, the Indian police and medical authorities made little attempt to investigate.

Gurkiren Kaur Loyal

Gurkiren Kaur Loyal

Gurkiren was described as a 'bright and bubbly' pupil at her primary school in Handsworth, Birmingham

Gurkiren's father Santokh Singh Loyal and mother Amrit Kaur Loyal are demanding answers over her death

Gurkiren's father Santokh Singh Loyal and mother Amrit Kaur Loyal are demanding answers over her death

Shop assistant Mrs Kaur Loyal said: 'Gurkiren was fine, she was chatting to us and planned to buy some gifts for her cousins. While we were talking an assistant came up carrying a pre-filled syringe and reached for the tube in her hand.

'I asked what was the injection for, but he gave me a blank look and injected the liquid into her.

'Within a split-second Gurkiren's head flipped back, her eyes rolled in her head, and the colour completely drained from her. I knew they had killed her on the spot.

'I knew my innocent child had been murdered.'

Their local councillor in Birmingham, Mrs Kooner, said it was 'highly probable' that the child had been killed in a bid to harvest her organs.

Gurkiren had gone to a clinic in Punjab seeking treatment for simply dehydration when she died suddenly

Gurkiren had gone to a clinic in Punjab seeking treatment for simply dehydration when she died suddenly

She said: 'People with money pay for transplant organs to help their family members who are sick,' she said.

'We are trying to build a portfolio of other cases.

'This was an absolutely horrific ordeal for the family to go through and we are trying to work with the Foreign Office and the Indian High Commission to try to get her organs returned.'

Gurkiren, a bright and bubbly pupil at Nishkam School in Handsworth, was on her first foreign holiday visiting her frail grandmother, who later died, over the Easter break.

Her family said she was taken to a clinic in Punjab after being sick, but was placed on a drip after blood tests revealed she was free of infection.

Under pressure to help the schoolgirl after the injection was given, medics transferred her to a nearby hospital but she could not be saved.

Mrs Kaur Loyal, who was on the trip with her postal worker husband Santokh Singh Loyal and 17-year-old son Simran, claimed Gurkiren's medical records were disposed of and the family were not asked to pay for the blood tests, drip or the injection she received.

Police took a statement but the family said they obtained no evidence that Gurkiren's death was investigated.

Mrs Kaur Loyal said she was then told a post-mortem examination would be required in India before her daughter's body could be returned to the UK.

Gurkiren Kaur Loyal

Gurkiren Kaur Loyal

The schoolgirl had been on holiday with her parents and her 17-year-old brother, Simran, when she died

'They said they would use a hammer and chisel to open her,' she said. 'I demanded a more dignified, discreet examination.'

Eventually, having kept watch over Gurkiren's body to prevent evidence being destroyed, they were given assurances that a respectful autopsy would be carried out.

But, returning to the mortuary, Amrit said they found her daughter's bloodstained and ripped clothes by an incinerator and that the post-mortem examination had been carried out by a non-qualified junior.

'It was medieval,' she said. After chasing up death certificates, they had Gurkiren's body flown home and a post-mortem in the UK examination was ordered.

But Mrs Kaur Loyal said their hopes of finding out what killed their daughter were shattered in a call from Birmingham coroner Aidan Cotter.

'He said it was impossible to come to a conclusion for the cause of death,' she said. 'They had nothing to work from, she had no organs in her body for them to take samples.

'I was mortified that all the pleading in India had no effect.

'There was no sensitivity, no humanity.'

Gurkiren's mother said after her daughter was given a mystery injection, 'her eyes rolled in her head'

Gurkiren's mother said after her daughter was given a mystery injection, 'her eyes rolled in her head'

The Foreign Office said: 'We can confirm the death of a British national in Punjab on April 2, 2013. We provided consular assistance to the family at this difficult time.'

A spokeswoman for the Birmingham coroner said an inquest had been opened and adjourned as staff awaited further information and, possibly, the return of organs from India.

She said: 'A post-mortem examination was carried out, but we were unable to ascertain a cause of death. We are doing everything we can to help the family.'

'I have raised this matter urgently with ministers at the Foreign Office seeking their support in ensuring Gurkiren's organs are returned to her family.

- Birmingham Ladywood MP Shabana Mahmood

There is a thriving and lucrative underground market for human organs in India, where in 2007 Ravindranath Seppan, of the Chennai Doctors' Association for Social Equality, admitted: 'India's rich are turning to India's poor to live longer.'

He said the commercial trade of human organs remained big business, despite having been banned in 1994.

Ladywood MP Shabana Mahmood said: 'This is a deeply shocking and devastating tragedy.

'Gurkiren's death, and the failure of the Indian authorities and the British High Commission to provide adequate support to the family, has added to their considerable distress - as has the appalling removal of all of her organs.

'I have raised this matter urgently with ministers at the Foreign Office seeking their support in ensuring Gurkiren's organs are returned to her family.

'It is imperative that we have the chance to independently establish the cause of death with the authorities in the UK.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2324213/Our-daughter-killed-organs-say-parents-Gurkiren-Kaur-Loyal.html#ixzz2TGWx1Van

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

i have often thought this, if the british still ruled india, things could have been better for the sikhs.

i wonder when the indians will ever learn.

I believe they would have been better. They had respect for us. In Punjab alot of hindu families would bring up one of there sons as a sikh.

This story just goes to show how corrupt india is. The parents will never get justice.

I am shocked to read this on Facebook now, feel very very sorry for the parents, so much that DIMAAG ghum gaya hai mera, after reading this news. As a father of 2 children, I am really frightened for my children to go to any Doctor in India if anything serious might happen on our visit in future, Their Doctors are criminals ...

945094_512822135444447_466420351_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=512822135444447&set=a.451278254932169.103020.451090341617627&type=1

Legal view - Parents of the girl via Sikh Federation UK (Sikh media) should file a murder case with UK police (as this is a murder case of a British citizen) against Indian Hospital Nurse and doctors. UK police/detectives will follow up the case honestly and bring to justice the relevant corrupt Indians. Those people involved in her murder need to be brought back to UK for a fair trial the same way India got back 2 Italian marines from Italy.