Bollywood Inter-Caste Movies : Insults Minorities

just an observation I have, bulk and almost all of of Bollywood inter-case love stories/movies always have a story of a Hindu boy marrying a Muslim (Pakistani), Sikh, Christian, Parsi, Dalit girl. I have lots of such examples. Some Bollywood movies even showing Sikh/Muslim girls even running from their homes? Examples such as Jab We Met etc, Bombay etc. The trend is ongoing.

Has anybody seen the reverse? like bulk of Bollywood movie's showing Muslim/Sikh man marrying Hindu girls???

What is Bollywood up to?

just an observation I have, bulk and almost all of of Bollywood inter-case love stories/movies always have a story of a Hindu boy marrying a Muslim (Pakistani), Sikh, Christian, Parsi, Dalit girl. I have lots of such examples. Some Bollywood movies even showing Sikh/Muslim girls even running from their homes? Examples such as Jab We Met etc, Bombay etc. The trend is ongoing.

Has anybody seen the reverse? like bulk of Bollywood movie's showing Muslim/Sikh man marrying Hindu girls???

What is Bollywood up to?

Social engineering. Propaganda. Or probably just wishful thinking.

Social engineering. Propaganda. Or probably just wishful thinking.

Or creating a pshycological wave of all minority girls converting to Hindus? If you pretend to have equality, then make movies showing Muslim Air-Force Pakistani Pilot coming to India and marrying a Hindu girl??? OR a Hindu girl falling in love with a Muslim/Sikh man and marrying him?

Or creating a pshycological wave of all minority girls converting to Hindus? If you pretend to have equality, then make movies showing Muslim Air-Force Pakistani Pilot coming to India and marrying a Hindu girl??? OR a Hindu girl falling in love with a Muslim/Sikh man and marrying him?

Although the movies are trying to portray equality in race and caste, reality is that if a Sikh/Muslim man married a hindu girl, or a Pakstani Pilot married a Hindu girl it would cause great discomfort in the Hindu majority.

Even though a Hindu Kareena Kapoor is married to a Muslim Saif Ali Khan, a Hindu Sharmila Tagore was married to a Muslim Patodi. There are so many cases in Bollywood where a hindu has married a Muslim. There just aren't enough movies to show that.

But only movie I can think of about a Sikh marrying a Muslim is Gadar.

The movie was directed by a Hindu. Before Sikhs get too happy at that movie, one must put yourself in their shoe for a moment. How would we like it if a movie about partition was made in which a Muslim Pakistani came to India, single handedly beat up thousands of Sikhs and had a Sikh girl go crazy over him to the point of leaving her family! we would go crazy if such a movie was made. Well that's how Muslims feel about Gadhar.

bollywood is basically trashwood. No good can come from it. Old Hindi movies promoted traditional Indian culture, but now bollywood movies are promoting gutter culture. One should try to keep their children away from bollywood movies.

Well said.

I have some similar views about Gadar. The movie was Produced, written and directed by Anil Sharma. The movie released in probably 2000, and projects a JATT SIKH "Sunny Deol" fighting with Muslims and shows that as the sole objective of SIKHS, trying to fill a passion of patriotism in SIKHS, trying to deviate all their energy of justice/fight etc. towards Pakistan/Muslims.

By 2000, the SIKH community was still heeling up with the wounds of Punjab genocide which finished in 1993 approx., a good way to deviate all that energy was to make Sikh anger/frustration deviate towards Pakistan and create such an impractical fiction, which gives Sikhs a false euphoria and tries to re-create in them the patriotism towards India, by creating a sense of hatred towards Pakistan. This is a very tricky pshychological game.

People coming after seeing the movie Gadar used to come to me and say "Sardar Jee, kamal kar diya aapne Gadar mein". Keep it up. Now what this gives as an impression to Sikhs throughout India??? We love you, we respect you, we hail your efforts if you keep on doing what you have done in Gadar.

We were forced to fight, and we lost a lot.

The movie was directed by a Hindu. Before Sikhs get too happy at that movie, one must put yourself in their shoe for a moment. How would we like it if a movie about partition was made in which a Muslim Pakistani came to India, single handedly beat up thousands of Sikhs and had a Sikh girl go crazy over him to the point of leaving her family! we would go crazy if such a movie was made. Well that's how Muslims feel about Gadhar.

bollywood is basically trashwood. No good can come from it. Old Hindi movies promoted traditional Indian culture, but now bollywood movies are promoting gutter culture. One should try to keep their children away from bollywood movies.

Couldn't agree more! I know of some Muslims who hate that movie for the same exact reason. My point was thats the only movie that they "tried" to portray a Muslim girl marrying a "Sikh" man.

Couldn't agree more! I know of some Muslims who hate that movie for the same exact reason. My point was thats the only movie that they "tried" to portray a Muslim girl marrying a "Sikh" man.

No, you are wrong. Please see the movie again which portrays the weak character of the so called "Sikh" who is ready to embrace Islam to marry the muslim girl

and not the other way round.

No, you are wrong. Please see the movie again which portrays the weak character of the so called "Sikh" who is ready to embrace Islam to marry the muslim girl

and not the other way round.

I was being sarcastic in saying that they wanted to show a Sikh marrying a Muslim but failed epically.