Sikh Books Not To Be Trusted

Satanic verses by Salman Rushdie

The dummy's guide to Sikhism....... :excited:

Seriously,.... below from Dilgeer's website....

Anti-Sikh Writers and Propagandists:- Bute Shah, Earnest Trump, Shardha Ram Phillauri, W. H. McLeod (New Zealand) [known to be the ring-leader of the Anti-Sikhism School], J. S. Grewal, Sujit Hans, Harjot Oberoi, Pishaura Sinh, Jasbir S. Ahluwalia, Amrita Imroz (formerly Amrita Pritam), Gurinder Maan, Ian Mulgrew (Canada), Rudy Thomsen (Denmark) etc. These propagandists have been collaborated by Khushwant Singh, Patwant Singh, Piara S. Bhogal, Jaswant S. Kanwal, Mohinder Singh (Delhi), S.S.Dhanoa, I. J. Singh (New York) etc. In fact, with the exception of Dr. Noel Q. King, most of the non-Sikh writers, while writing about the Sikhs, have collaborated with the "Anti-Sikhism School" in one or another manner. There is another conspiracy of propaganda against the Sikh religion: in the name of Sikh studies, chairs have been established in the universities at Toronto, Vancouver, Michigen, New York, California etc.and the associates of Anti-Sikhism School have been appointed there apparently with the intention of production and promotion of blasphemous and malicious writings against Sikhism. There seems to be an international anti-Sikhism movement. Some famous publication houses including Oxford University Press, the Penguins and Cambridge University Press seem to be ever ready to publish each and every book produced by "Anti-Sikhism School", in spite of the fact that those works have no commercial or academic value.

Most of the people believe Dr. Dilgeer as anti-sikh writer.

Most of the people believe Dr. Dilgeer as anti-sikh writer.

I know, it's only when a certain view may differ.

I don't think that you can rightfully label someone as anti-sikh in any way of a writer because it is all about research, conclusions and views.

For example, it states Mcleod as being anti-Sikh.!

In my opnion, he may have had some different views but on the other hand he also provided some of the most valuable research that the masses rely on!!!

So, to just write him off is a very unwise move.

There isn't a single scholar that you can say someone should completely avoid because that is not how sikhi works!!

Guru Nanak ji didn't tell us to stay away from the hindus and muslims, but he told us not to be following or be trapped with blind faith activities!

In my opinion, one should read from as many scholars as you can and then make up your own mind whilst keeping CORE gurbani in mind.

However, it is dangerous to rely on sakhis alone since some of these can contradict gurbani and this is what the good scholars can recognize.

what a cretin dilgeer is.

I certainly dont hold everything that mcleod has written about sikhi to be true, but there are aspects of his research, that Sikh scholars have not been able to imitate, which makes me read his books, and learn as well.

The other writers i havent read anything about, but Gurinder Mann wont be a favourite of dilgeer, because of his sterling research into Sahib Sri Dasam Granth.

dilgeer no, but i feel personally that mcleods work gives an understanding of Sikh history, that we sometimes dont get with the Hindustani/Panjabi writers.

Otherwise, there is a book called "the 3rd sikh war by bhutani " or something. i read this book, and it is vile. pure indian propoganda.

Agreed about the McLeod part. They have their own biases, but different perspectives are essential to further make a more concrete picture of Sikh ithihaas

Agreed about the McLeod part. They have their own biases, but different perspectives are essential to further make a more concrete picture of Sikh ithihaas

Not bad for a reference point but one should not rely on Orientalist Mcleodian scholars for Sikh ithihas. He claimed Guru Nanak Dev Jee did not even go to Baghdad and Makkah. Instead of Mcleod I would say Hari Ram Gupta has probably written one of the best books on the subject of Sikh history. Gurinder Singh Mann is also good. If you don't have a problem reading Punjabi, Dr. Ganda Singh, Dr Trilochan Singh, Giani Gurditt Singh have probably written the best books on Sikh history.

• 3 weeks later...