'surjit Has Brought Shame On Us. We Must Get Rid Of Her'

I am at a loss to understand your mind set neo ji. Have you read a book "Soft Target" on this tragedy? Had you, you would not have written like above.

India itself was involved in this tragedy. The book clearly says that and you should know Canada had expelled Indian diplomats from canada over this issue.

Very true. Like most false flag operations, the air india bombing was also done by the Indian government. A country which had no problem killing thousands of it's own citizens in operation blue star, and thousands more in 84 riots, will certainly not have a problem killing a few hundred more on an air plane and blaming it on the Sikhs.

Quite honestly she sounds like a rebellious girl who has fabricated and sensationalised her experiences to vent her frustration at Sikhi in general.

'After a brief honeymoon in Majorca — which didn’t go smoothly, given my ignorance of sex — we moved in with his family at Willow Tree Lane.'

She sounds like a coconut here...

‘You’re lucky to be alive,’ said the doctor, after I’d been operated on for a ruptured stomach ulcer — which is often caused by stress — and given six pints of blood. ‘Is there anything you’re worrying about that might have triggered this?’

Her story sounds embellished to exaggerate her point. If someone is that unwell with a stomach ulcer stress would be the last thing doctors would think about.

'‘You’re lucky to be alive,’ said the doctor, after I’d been operated on for a ruptured stomach ulcer — which is often caused by stress — and given six pints of blood. ‘Is there anything you’re worrying about that might have triggered this?’

'.But my faith in my religion hasn’t wavered [...] I’m divorced, and I’ve vowed that none of my children will ever have an arranged marriage. '

Does she realise there's no such concept as 'divorce' in Sikhi. The contradiction was too big not to point out.

Neo ji

Time bring many changes. Canada of 1984 is not same as now.That time sikhs were very few there. So they could be propagated against by using dirty tricks.

Today's canada has large number of sikhs and they can be assertive if they know their rights. So old tricks will not hold. We should change our mindset accordingly. It is your country as much as of others. So do not be apologetic if some sikh has committed a bad act.No one is going to come after you for that. Law is there to deal with such people. Every one is not saint here.

Then how come amritdharis also divorce if there is no concept of divorce in Sikhi? If somebody is trapped in a marriage or unhappy, does it mean they cannot divorce? Dont understand that bit, please explain.

Amritdhari's divorcing does not make this correct. Divorce is a western and Islamic construct. The Anand Karaj brings two souls together eternally. Indeed, Anand means 'eternal' happiness. If there are problems in a sikh marriage, these should be tackled individually. Quick fixes such as divorce have no formal place or recognition in Sikhi.

Then how come amritdharis also divorce if there is no concept of divorce in Sikhi? If somebody is trapped in a marriage or unhappy, does it mean they cannot divorce? Dont understand that bit, please explain.

Amritdhari's divorcing does not make this correct. Divorce is a western and Islamic construct. The Anand Karaj brings two souls together eternally. Indeed, Anand means 'eternal' happiness. If there are problems in a sikh marriage, these should be tackled individually. Quick fixes such as divorce have no formal place or recognition in Sikhi.