Do Amrit Dharis Always Have To Wear The Kakars?

Guest J.singh

Guest SinghAbb

Once Sant Gurbachan Singh was switching his kirpan with another one and for a small moment, he was not in contact with a kirpan by accident. He went to a peshi in front of the panj and they gave him a tankah of doing five Japji Sahib paaths from a saroop of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. That is how seriously the mukhi of Dasven Patshah's Taksal treated the fact that kakkars should not be taken off.

Bhai Randhir Singh, when he was sent to jail, had his kirpan and I think other kakkars removed too. when they were removed, he wrote in one of his letters to a close friend that a kind of darkness fell around him. It went away when him and other Singhs started reciting Amrit Bani again. So one of the most rehatvaan Singh's of recent times treated his kakkars seriously too.

Obviously from these two incidents, we should know that there are spiritual reasons for keeping kakkars with us.

Aside from them, one of the biggest spiritual reasons for keeping kakkars is that it helps in simran. One way that it helps is that we follow Guru Jee's hukam, which is to keep kakkars on, given to us during Amrit Sanchar. If we do what Guru Jee says, we will be blessed with more simran. We should learn from accomplished Gursikhs like Sant Gurbachan Singh and Bhai Randhir Singh.

Today the sikhs have made Kakkars into rituals. Kirpan is a reminder to stay strong in difficult times and is kept dull from preventing Sikhs from defending themselves and others....backwards beard tying british worshipping Sikhs. The Guru gave the kirpan to defend and told us to keep it on us as ang because you don't know when and where you will be attacked. We live in homes with locks and bathroom doors are locked. The Singhs in the past bathed in rivers and on farms where you are easy target if not armed all the time. Don't worry your parents wont attack you in the comfort of their home. They would rather smack you across the head out in public to show you who is boss.

Kanga is used to keep the hair hygiene up. We keep it on us all the time because we are able to keep hair hygiene even if we get lost in the city with millions of signs directing you back home for days. Let's face it no Singh is taking his nike shocks out in the forest or mountains these days and not coming home for days.....nike will get dirt on them. Singhs in the past were always on the move from one battle to another. They had to be on top if their game. Today Singhs are on top of there battlefield 4 and call

Recently there was a robbery in CA and the girl was alone. She grabbed a kitchen knife and locked herself in the bathroom and called 911. I hope u see the relevancy of kirpan in bathrooms. U can be attacked any time even now. Kanga is needed go keep rehit of combing hair twice a day. What if stuck in airport delays?

Recently there was a robbery in CA and the girl was alone. She grabbed a kitchen knife and locked herself in the bathroom and called 911. I hope u see the relevancy of kirpan in bathrooms. U can be attacked any time even now. Kanga is needed go keep rehit of combing hair twice a day. What if stuck in airport delays?

We have people on here telling others they need to keep their kirpan on them even when showering. This was required when Singhs were bathing in rivers, farms and other places where they are easy targets. Today, times are different unless you live in a third world country and there are similar issues as Singhs faced in the past. Guru Sahib said to keep the kirpan on you 24/7 for security. Also, I would say the Guru did not give the kirpan to be worn when you choose too. Kirpan is to be worn all the time except for certain circumstances like i said before. If you still wear it good for you, but don't sent others to death because they did not wear it showering. This mentality is a curse on Sikhi.

I did not say to not keep a kanga on you all the time. I was speaking of why we keep it on us. Again it comes to the reason why and not some fast rule you need to follow and if not, you will go to hell.

So are you saying a Kirpan should be put in a bathroom because it is one of the safest place in the house for a child or adult to run into if a home evasion happens with a knife? She got the knife from the kitchen and ran to the bathroom to see it as the most secure room in the house to hide in. Plus the knife did nothing to save her. It was the locked bathroom door. The knife was for extra measures if the robber broke into the bathroom. The knife was in the kitchen not the bathroom.

No, she did not need it because the locked door kept the robber out. She would need the knife if she attempted to use it or used it.

Seriously?

There is a saying that if u start digging a well when dying of thirst ,its too late. If u start weapon training on the day of battle its too late. Weapons can be used preventively.

Seriously?

There is a saying that if u start digging a well when dying of thirst ,its too late. If u start weapon training on the day of battle its too late. Weapons can be used preventively.

There is a saying, we are talking about keeping a kirpan on when in the shower not about training how to use the kirpan. Stop adding ideas in to this conversation that have nothing to do with this discussion.

Sorry, let me be absolutely clear. I meant kirpan shud be with is at all times because a time might come when u need it. Even in the shower. Ppl can break down doors. Then ur cornered ,can't go running for it. It'll be too late. That's what the saying was about.

LOL....in such scenarios you need to wear body amour because you never know when a robber will carry a gun. So start showering with body amour on. LOL Your kirpan will not be able to defend against a 9mm pistol in the shower. I can't even believe you are going to such ridiculous lengths to justify something that can't be justified. If you are such a hot target keep the kirpan close by in the bathroom and pull some matrix moves of stopping bullets with a thin blade.

Btw, do you wear the 3 foot kirpan given to us by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji in the shower and everywhere else you go? You want to stay "true" to the original concept of kirpan then where the 3 foot long kirpan. Not the 9 inch or 3 inch kirpan.

LOL....in such scenarios you need to wear body amour because you never know when a robber will carry a gun. So start showering with body amour on. LOL Your kirpan will not be able to defend against a 9mm pistol in the shower. I can't even believe you are going to such ridiculous lengths to justify something that can't be justified. If you are such a hot target keep the kirpan close by in the bathroom and pull some matrix moves of stopping bullets with a thin blade.

Btw, do you wear the 3 foot kirpan given to us by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji in the shower and everywhere else you go? You want to stay "true" to the original concept of kirpan then where the 3 foot long kirpan. Not the 9 inch or 3 inch kirpan.

U patit if u dont have3 ft>>>??

chill geaza.>>> can tell u dont do no jap>>just go around slating others>>>plonka