Babas In Paris (N**** In Paris Parody) Lol

Singh559

Fair point. But giani is nowadays a derogatory term in a broader sense whereas Gurbani has talked about Brahm Giani very highly. I'm just annoyed at the general situation rather than the video guy directly.

True, I just listened the the song again. The reference to Giani was saying "bechare Giani" meaning they don't know how to make bank like he does.

Fair point. But giani is nowadays a derogatory term in a broader sense whereas Gurbani has talked about Brahm Giani very highly. I'm just annoyed at the general situation rather than the video guy directly.

I understand where you are coming from. When I hear Giani come out of a person's mouth in a bad way, I'm one who corrects them. Any person with a dhari and dastar is mocked by calling them giani and this destroys the teen and youth confidence. Which is wrong and if we really wanted we could use many names toward cut hair people.

Just to set them straight sometimes I wouldn't mind calling them jaananiii

Nice video, very nice graphics, good lyrics as well but don't like the way its sung, whats the new trend of singhs talking/acting like black yo yo like tupac gangasters? yo yo? singh bling bling....they themselves seem to have identity crisis..if they are rasta sure i can understand somewhat but even rasta are not that hyper..they have good soothing music and songs...keep it real guys ..way its sung seem like they are trying to be cool effected by black culture syndrome..I have no problem with black culture promoted, cherished by black themselves but by sikhs seems bit out of place especially when it has no ancestory link....seems like they are just trying to fit or act cool:

Anyway here is the real deal- Ik baba nanak si by Babbu Mann

I agree with babbu Mann and his lyrics but he is also amli. These Singhs care for their panth and use this avenue as a means to inform youth here. It will hit a nerve because they're doing it in a classy manner.

Lol I don't think these guys even listen to what you'd call "kaaleyan de gaane". They know their audience, if you took a basic speech class in Uni one of the most important concepts is to know your audience and cater your message to the audience without sacrificing the content. They know a lot of youth will like the beat and will also listen to it.

Unrelated to my comment, related to babbu Mann:

I understand where you are coming from. When I hear Giani come out of a person's mouth in a bad way, I'm one who corrects them. Any person with a dhari and dastar is mocked by calling them giani and this destroys the teen and youth confidence. Which is wrong and if we really wanted we could use many names toward cut hair people.

Just to set them straight sometimes I wouldn't mind calling them jaananiii

I make sure I set someone straight if they say that and explain what a Giani is. Sometimes juttian ton bina or "kardi bohli ton bina" people don't understand.

For non fobs though I explain why it's offensive. It's usually fobs who do this tho here.