Happy Canada Day To All Canadian Sikhs!

N30S1NGH

ok lets all forget the atrocities that were committed to make canada the nation it is now and wave the maple leaf flag, seriously east indians in canada are up their own a**es, here in the uk we are not proud of britain's past so would not celebrate a britain day, anyway lets leave it their before you get upset again and i get accused of being on a witch hunt. :biggrin2:

I am not being upset, the problem is bro you are concentrating on the messenger again than being on message.

here in the uk we not proud of britain's past so would celebrate a britain day, anyway lets leave it their before you get upset again and i get accused of being on a witch hunt.

What are your views on woolvich killing of an soldier? was it justified - act of karma seeded from evil british umpire actions in the past?

lol i am not against you (messenger) just dont agree with some of your views,as for woolwich murderer of soldier, i blame the uk government for its foreign policies and condemn these cowards who carried out this barbaric killing of this unarmed defenceless solider, had he been in a war zone and killed fairly in battle or armed at the time, that would have been a different matter. .

had he been in a war zone and killed fairly in battle or armed at the time, that would have been a different matter. .

in battle and armed? as in UK- training or patrol? or afghanistan or iraq? Also killed in which way? hallal muslim way or shot in battle field?

Also whats your opinion of muslim sharia law in UK or Canada? if you are against the idea of muslim pushing their laws on western countries, would you rather prefer sikh kingdom law applies to sikhs over canadian/uk laws in canada or uk? or you totally against any kind of modification, be it sikh kingdom laws and sharia law in UK or Canada?

There is not even single aboriginal group who is not celebrating today actually canadian day celebration starts with them traditional singing, dancing with traditional dress, they are willing to put their differences behind with politicians today and come together by celebrating canada day in their traditional way. Aboriginal way of life and culture is not against Canada day but against some of politicians unfair policies against aboriginal people.

Anyway, broader meaning of being canadian is to care and it is universal and i don't think its on the clash course with aboriginal values nor its on clash course with any broader immigrant groups i can think of.

Yes, because tribal chiefs are typically government stooges/appointed and normally have much more white blood than the average tribe.

Most, natives live on reserves where they have wooden shacks in the middle of winter (plywood), no running water, hospitals availible by helicoptor, and no known roads.

Quebec up till a year or two had separate licenses for northern quebec because the reserves there had not one single road connecting it with Canada.

4/5 canadians live within 150km of the Canadian border,

There's native communities who have 30+ attempted suicides in a population of 400; in one year google the one where they declare an emergency.

---

These goras attempt to rule over a kingdom of blood, does that sound familiar?

Only word I have for Canada is four letter and f.

Before the high horse of enjoy benefits, etc I'll stop you. Injunction of rights is not worth any benefit.

I won't even argue with you, if that's your mentality.

I have to apologize for making one statements. I put down that white people are still oppressing the Aboriginal people, when in fact I know some that are genuinely helping them. But it is the uneducated and those that don't have any compassion for others that are oppressing the Aboriginal people.

Indira Gandhi had Sikh bodyguards and a Sikh General Kuldip Singh Brar, why would she systematically destroy Punjab when she was Prime Minister. India has a Sikh Prime Minister, why would he destroy Sikhi and Sikhs and true justice has been served for 1984 because India has a Sikh Prime Minister. Punjab has a Sikh as its leader, why would there be more than 70% Sikh youth hooked on drugs. The Indian Constitution says everyone has equal rights, so where is the discrimination that minority talk about. It's all lies made up by some people that don't like India. Just move out of India as you don't like it here. Find somewhere else to call your homeland and take your Gurdwaras with you.

Till 1960s Aboriginal people had no right to vote. How in the world can you get your community going if you cannot sit and decide what way the country should contribute to rebuilding your community? How many laws have protected Aboriginal people. Anyone with little sense knows that Aboriginal people are overrepresented in the prison population. Where is the common sense in these policies? What is the base of Aboriginal community? It is there elders, their land, and way of life. Their elders cannot reach out to their youth because they don't have the resources to do it. Families are torn apart because of the abuse they have gone through for so many years. Many don't know where their parents or siblings are. After the many years they faced oppression, I don't blame them for taking drugs to cope with daily life. What can a child do when his mother has no resources?

What good is free university, when their is no food on the table from the day you are born? There is a huge gap and the educated people realize there is one. A community is made up of networks that all play a key part in shaping behaviour and advancing individuals in that community. For Aboriginal people, these networks were systematically destroyed, where it is nearly impossible to repair after centuries. Many of them do not even know what tribe they belonged to as whole tribes were wiped out.

Some people don't know what oppression is till they actually feel it themselves. But some people are so used to bending backwards that they don't care to take a stand for freedoms and rights. These are just two concepts that make sense when protecting the elite.

Canada is a different thing to 2 different types of people. The ones who live in Canad and the ones who don't. The ones who live there don't seem to realise or understand what their true position is. For example my cousins in Toronto tell me Toronto is the most mult-cultural city on earth. This is in fact a fairy-tale and shows how a single remark can get re-hashed when used over and over again. In fact, 20 years ago, someone important (i'm not sure who) said Toronto was "one of the most multi-cultural cities" in north america. Since then, Canadians, through their media, have re-used and misquoted that and now actually believe their city is the most multi-cultural. Anyone who goes there from London, where 350 different languages are spoken on the streets each day, sees very quickly how false that is.

Canadians keep thinking they have a truly world class city in Toronto. They don't. According to the world city rankings Toronto is a 3rd tier city on the same level as Frankfurt, Mumbhai and Jakarta. Cities such as Paris, Tolyo and Sydney are in the 2nd tier with only London and New York considered top tier Alpha ++ cities. But the Candians arn't told any of this. They are not told how backward and behind other cities their mass transit system is for example. They are not told how most other civilised countries, such as those in Europe, have free health-care and safety nets and free public housing and free education etc. Instead, Canadians simnply compare these values they have with the Americans and conclude that Canada must be the most caring and civilised in the world.

I know the country well and I know it to be full of misconceptions. For example Canadians convince themselves they are the best environmentalists. They are not and thats not how the world sees them at all. In fact, by per population Canada is the worst polluter on earth just slightly behind Saudi Arabia and the USA.

Canadians think of themselves as caring but what they don't realise is that when most of the world thinks of Canada it instantly thinks of images of Canadians clubbing baby seals to death as that is the only time Canada is mentioned on TV.

They think they had an Olympics there a few years ago but what they don't realise is that apart from a few people in the snow mountains of Switerland, the French Alps and Norway, nobody in the world even knew there was a winter olympics going on.

Its a nice country to live in. Probably the nicest in fact. But thats it. Its everybody's 'nice friend'. Nice friends are exactly that.....simply nice. They don't have attitude and they don't move with the big boys. Read international media and you wouldn't even know Canada exists. Read the Sikh media and you'd think Canada is the most important and powerful country in the world. The fact is Canada could have a Sikh Prime Minister and a Cabinet made up entirely of Sikhs and the rest of the world would still be none the wiser as to who the Sikhs are. The country would have to experience a tsunami, earthquake and plague all in one day before it finally gets mentioned in the world media. Having all the Sikhs in the world in Canada is very similar to having all the Sikhs in the world in Punjab : Little or no exposure to the wider world who ignore both places

So.....whats the point of all this ? Well, its to remind my Canadian cousins that they should sit back and enjoy life because that personal life is extremely comfortable and good. Sometimes its good to be boring and ignored because you can get on with a peaceful family life. You can enjoy home life far more when you know nobody's watching. And trust me....there ain't nobody watching.

Isn't Canada part of G8? Isn't current head of bank in UK run by a Canadian now? How about thousands of British celebrating Canada day in London on Monday? UK sure notice us!

How about EU trying to form a trade agreement with Canada? EU don't notice us?

Remember, Canada has tons of natural resources which every major country in the world wants (this includes China and India). You don't think no one notice us? lol

If anything, it's you British who don't have much influence like you guys think you do. You guys known to be America's lap dog who just follow them whatever they do. At least we Canadians stand up for ourselves when we need to.

There's reason why so many Brits (including tons of British Sikhs) moving to Canada and Australia these days.

Isn't Canada part of G8? Isn't current head of bank in UK run by a Canadian now? How about thousands of British celebrating Canada day in London on Monday? UK sure notice us!

How about EU trying to form a trade agreement with Canada? EU don't notice us?

Remember, Canada has tons of natural resources which every major country in the world wants (this includes China and India). You don't think no one notice us? lol

If anything, it's you British who don't have much influence like you guys think you do. You guys known to be America's lap dog who just follow them whatever they do. At least we Canadians stand up for ourselves when we need to.

There's reason why so many Brits (including tons of British Sikhs) moving to Canada and Australia these days.

Veer you're being un-necceasrily defensive. I mean't no malice. My own chache, pooah and thaya and their families live in Canada as well as all of my wife's family so I ceratinly wouldn't want to insult them. The truth however is sometimes a bitter pill to swallow and does hurt.

Hand on my heart in my whole life the only time I can remember Canada ever being mentioned in world media is either when the queen visits there or there's another furore about a cull of seals. You see the stereotype that South Park portrays about Canada being a boring place with one town and one road is actually based on a commonly held view by most of the world. Indeed, honestly, if you were to go up to the common Joe on the streets of London, Paris, Barcelona or Milan and seek a reaction to the word 'Canada' 9 out of 10 would reply with these 4 words : Ice, Eskimoes, Snow and Montreal. With the exception of Montreal the average European and American isn't even aware there are any medium sized towns in Canada let alone large cities. Once you leave Canada and become a citizen of the world you'll realize this. You'll spend months and years trawling through the media expecting to find mention of your country but it'll never happen. It never happens. The world just completely ignores it.

So why is this ? Well, to find the answer to that we need to firstly compare Canada to Australia. Both share similarities in terms of British cultural heritage and population etc. But Australia has found its own seperate unique identity and through this arrogance carved out its own powerful place on the world stage. Thus the world listens when Australia talks. Canada, on the other hand has no identity and thus has no voice loud enough to be heard. The world sees it as a boring clone of America so why on earth would the world show interest in it when it can show interest in the real deal to the south of you. The same with the international media. The international reporters and correspondents based in your continent find so much going on in America they have no time or interest for little old canada. And thats both Canada's problem and saving grace. Problem because its a nation that has to live constantly in the shadow of its big powerful neighbour. Saving grace because it can and does mean a wonderful peaceful beautiful quiet environment to either retire in or bring your kids up in, i.e live. Its practically everybody's dream in middle age to move to a quiet backwater for a comfortable life. Canada as a whole is that suburb and thats no bad thing.

There's reason why so many Brits (including tons of British Sikhs) moving to Canada and Australia these days

Not just these days.....ALL days. Its always been the case. A million live in France...a million in Spain etc. Its a country with 60 million people crammed like sardines into a tiny tint island. People go.....more keep coming in. Thats the way its always been. But if you're expecting some patriotic nationlistic pride from me as a retort you're barking up the wrong tree my friend. Thats not how we roll here. As our continent burned through ww2 we are brought up in Europe to consider ourselves citizens of the world rather than individual nation's subjects. Couldn't care less if this country died tomorrow.......Happily stamp my dirty shoes over the British flag.....Means nothing to me. But you see thats why you will never see a British flag on display in UK Nagar Kirtans and you will never see a thread on here by a Sikh wishing everyone a 'Happy St. George's Day'.

Veer you're being un-necceasrily defensive. I mean't no malice. My own chache, pooah and thaya and their families live in Canada as well as all of my wife's family so I ceratinly wouldn't want to insult them. The truth however is sometimes a bitter pill to swallow and does hurt.

Hand on my heart in my whole life the only time I can remember Canada ever being mentioned in world media is either when the queen visits there or there's another furore about a cull of seals. You see the stereotype that South Park portrays about Canada being a boring place with one town and one road is actually based on a commonly held view by most of the world. Indeed, honestly, if you were to go up to the common Joe on the streets of London, Paris, Barcelona or Milan and seek a reaction to the word 'Canada' 9 out of 10 would reply with these 4 words : Ice, Eskimoes, Snow and Montreal. With the exception of Montreal the average European and American isn't even aware there are any medium sized towns in Canada let alone large cities. Once you leave Canada and become a citizen of the world you'll realize this. You'll spend months and years trawling through the media expecting to find mention of your country but it'll never happen. It never happens. The world just completely ignores it.

So why is this ?

Using South Park as your example isn't good especially since American media and their people generally don't view non-Americans favourably (As an example, they view British as an ugly race with bad teeths) . However, when Americans were ask who they like most - they picked Canada. (source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/02/16/canada-america-love.html )

I don't know where you're getting your facts from so I am not going to bother getting into details (Between: Toronto is most popular Canadian city not Montreal; source: http://gocanada.about.com/od/thebestofcanada/tp/best_places_to_go.htm )

Well, to find the answer to that we need to firstly compare Canada to Australia. Both share similarities in terms of British cultural heritage and population etc. But Australia has found its own seperate unique identity and through this arrogance carved out its own powerful place on the world stage. Thus the world listens when Australia talks.

Canada is a lot more powerful than Australia and has more global presence than Australia in terms of culture, financial (best banking system in the world) military and policies. You're underrating Canada and giving too much credit for Australia here. Just looking at Australia flag alone tells me a lot about their "unique" identity that you're trying to claim they have. (We don't have union jacks on our flag)

Australia isn't part of G8 or NATO and they haven't contribute anything special to global community. In other hand, Canada is positively viewed by a lot of countries! For an example: other countries have study how to form a multicultural society by studying Canadian society (Canada was really first nation started multiculturalism). Military wise, Canada was only nation that was willing to fight in South Afghanistan with British and Yanks. Not only that, but Canada lead NATO during Libya invasion.

Sure, Canada isn't most powerful nation in the world, but it isn't lightweight nation either. Just because Canada isn't "flashy" and don't brag about their accomplishments and role in global community doesn't mean no one cares about Canada. There's a reason why EU wants to make trade deal with Canada but not with Australia or how UK now have a Canadian running their economy (first time in British history that a non-Brit is running their economy or should I say YOUR economy).