Ramadan

Guest dasguruka

We need to decrease the speed. Take as long as you want! As long you've understood what you've read rather than done path and that's it (freedom) < concept of the mind.

Many people are under the misconception that speed amounts to nothing while doing Paath slowly is better. It all depends on the person. Many people do many Paaths a day, for them speed is better for concentration and focus while for some the opposite is true and they like doing Paath slowly. Baba Nand Singh Jee use to do Sukhmani Sahib within minutes because his mind was better tuned for speed. Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale did a hundred Japji Sahib Paaths, Panj Granthi and other paaths besides his Nitnem every day because his mind was also better adapted to doing paath fast. Doing a large amount of Paath with speed everyday is a good way to increase focus on the Paath and also you get to do a larger armount of Paath. But do what ever suits you, if doing slowly you focus more, then do that. Besides, this discussion is not about fast or slow paath.

My only point to post here was that people here saying that you can and should eat before your morning Nitnem is over while traditionally one should first do their morning Ishnaan and Nitnem before eating unless you are elderly or sick and cannot wait for these reasons.

WRT SPEED OF PATH - CAN WE HAVE A SEPERATE THREAD PLEASE?

HAS ANYBODY HEARD KIRTAN OF BHAI RANDHEER SINGH JEE - HAZOORI RAAGI DARBAAR SAHIB, HERE YOU GO -

THAT'S THE WHY I LIKE TO DO MY NITNEM SOMETIMES (ESPECIALLY JAAP SAHIB), SO 2-3-4 TIMES REPITIION OF A SINGLE LINE,SLOWLY TO MAKE GURBAANI GO IN MY SOUL/BRAIN/BLOOD. SO, I FEEL SLOW IS THE KEY ..., FAST LOOKS LIKE I PROBABLY JUST WANT TO RUN AND CATCH A TRAIN ... PROBABLY MY "SOUL", INNER MAKES A LOT OF NOISE, AND TILL THE TIME I DON'T DO PAATH SLOWLY, SOUL DOES NOT LISTEN AND HENCE NO BENEFIT OF DOING IT. IF ONE IS DOING IT FAST, AND ONE'S SOUL IS LISTENING, THEN GOOD.