What Nonsense Is This

Instead of arguing about types of music, I think that we should focus on the mentioned shabad a little first !

Firstly, I don't think you can even compare gurbani and kirtan raags to any other music, simply because it is in a unique league of it's own.

Secondly, I think we should think a little deeper to what 'gavah' or sing really means ?

I think it implies more than just singing, but to be praising him 24/7 ?

In sehaj or Samadhi, one can be continually praising him through wave like vibrations that emit from all over your body and not just your mouth.

SO, this singing and praising doesn't have to be the tongue.

In music, it is the repetitive beats or sound of vibrations in repeating sequence that cause people to tap their hands, move their heads and then at higher vibrations to eventually do more active dance.

Now, I think that Guruji is telling us that if we can be emitting these same kind of vibrations of praise or 'waheguru',and then this should get our 'MIND" to dance within harmony. The 'dance' is the after effect from the music praise vibrations.

(The waves start emitting and vibrating resulting in mind waves to vibrate or dance even further!)

I hope you get the idea of what i'm trying to say ! :cool2:

if they are brought well and the wife cleans her utensil up with bani before having child .

then that child will never resort to anti sikhi ways.

and no, there is no need as long as child is brought up well. and understands he wont do such thing.

and the parents should be willing to guide him well

How do you feel about the celestial bodies dancing to akal purkhs adh shabad?

"Difference between Struck sound(Ahad Nad) and Unstuck sound. (anahad Nad)

Ahad Nad - Sound produced by striking of 2 things. Ever sound including voice of humans is struck produced by our glands. Same case is with the musical Instruments. These sound are produced from energy and cannot continue forever.

Anahad nad - Sound which is responsible for creating universe. The vibration and the sound. This sound produced a big bang and created all universe and this sound will be responsible for destruction of universe. This sound is continuously floated in Universe and has many sounds. There is no friction involved in this sound. "

Is akal purkh sinning by having the moon, the earth dance all in his name in his shabad?

So what punishments would you prescribe in a fatwa or hukamanma if you will for little children who dance around in nursery rhymes or do the unthinkable of singing and dancing?

How do you feel about the celestial bodies dancing to akal purkhs adh shabad?

"Difference between Struck sound(Ahad Nad) and Unstuck sound. (anahad Nad)

Ahad Nad - Sound produced by striking of 2 things. Ever sound including voice of humans is struck produced by our glands. Same case is with the musical Instruments. These sound are produced from energy and cannot continue forever.

Anahad nad - Sound which is responsible for creating universe. The vibration and the sound. This sound produced a big bang and created all universe and this sound will be responsible for destruction of universe. This sound is continuously floated in Universe and has many sounds. There is no friction involved in this sound. "

Is akal purkh sinning by having the moon, the earth dance all in his name in his shabad?

So what punishments would you prescribe in a fatwa or hukamanma if you will for little children who dance around in nursery rhymes or do the unthinkable of singing and dancing?

why are you so keen on punishing innocent children ?

when that behaviour can be corrected ,with proper guidance .

a child wont dance while listening to kirtan

the whole point of dancing is to make ur soul dance while ur body stays rock stil.

celestial bodies do not dance , there is no nritya in sachkhand .

there is prakash of Guru Granth Sahib ji and Manifestation of mool mantar himself resides there . kirtan goes on 24x7

our 10 gurus are also present with Amritdhari shaheeds only.

all others including indra /his dasiyaan/shiv/bhrama everyone is outside . with their hands closed and asking for permission for they are not allowed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this topic is gone way off topic!!

now back to topic.

1. if someone can suggest me how to approach akal takhat jathedar . to report this matter
  2. i would like to report more similar matters if anyone has in knowledge
  3. anyone tried communicating with these groups (dancing/hooting hippies in kirtan)?did they agreed? or not?
  4. what would be the best medium to contact akal takhat?
  5. would they meet me in person for this issue? or should i post an email with a dvd of this content?

if someone has more points please add

Some like listening to that Sartaj fellow. But I don't get what is so fascinating about what he says. It's him singing kachi Bani. If I want to hear a song about Waheguru or about the atma, then why listen to false material. I mean we don't go to half baked teachers to learn about medicine or law. Satguru tells Sikhs to come and sing Satguru's Bani and says don't sing Kachi Bani. They can sing about God, but it is fruitless.

No song in the praise of Waheguru can be fruitless. Countless times in countless Gurdwaras, kavis/dhadhis/gianis sing their own-written praises of Waheguru, even in the Darbar of the Gurus in human form. It may not be classified as Satguru's bani, but to say singing about Waheguru is kachi, or fruitless seems a little OTT.

Singh are you being serious. Nothing can equal to Raag Kirtan. Do you think maybe it is because of personal shortcomings that you still find rock/metal as enjoying for the atma? I have listened to all sorts of music. But after Raag kirtan, nothing has matched it. I mean how can anything beat or match Sachi Bani! Everything else just sounds like a person chewing on some really crunchy cereal.

Some like listening to that Sartaj fellow. But I don't get what is so fascinating about what he says. It's him singing kachi Bani. If I want to hear a song about Waheguru or about the atma, then why listen to false material. I mean we don't go to half baked teachers to learn about medicine or law. Satguru tells Sikhs to come and sing Satguru's Bani and says don't sing Kachi Bani. They can sing about God, but it is fruitless.

If you look at his post before talking about raag kirtan he said "bin there done that.".I was replying to him about that...Not about raag kirtan..I actually love raag kirtan...I go to jawaddi taksal when I go to India...There they teach how to do kirtan in raag.

So Singh just to clear it up I wasn't meaning anything about raag kirtan...

If you look at his post before talking about raag kirtan he said "bin there done that.".I was replying to him about that...Not about raag kirtan..I actually love raag kirtan...I go to jawaddi taksal when I go to India...There they teach how to do kirtan in raag.

So Singh just to clear it up I wasn't meaning anything about raag kirtan...

Okay............I had not read the full discussion. Just was caught off guard.

• 2 weeks later...