Hair Loss

Guest Bald Singh

• 1 month later...
Guest Bald Singh

You are 22. I will give you some advice. There is a drug called propecia. It stops hair loss in 90% of men for a very long time. It won't regrow much hair if any, however it will stop further loss. I only wish I knew about this drug when I first noticed hair loss. You can look it up on the internet, weigh up the side effects and then see if you want to give it a try.

You can go to a GP or dermatologist and they can prescribe it to you.

Don't listen to anybody about silly Ayurvedic remedies or putting yogurt in your hair. They are nothing but bull**** Propecia is an actual clinically proved medicine.

I'm sure if most men knew about it then there would be less bald people.

However most people think there is nothing you can do about male pattern baldness and that is a complete lie. GPs don't know much about hair loss, it doesn't concern them as it's not life threatening. But it is something that brings mental anguish.

The time to go bald is after 45-50. Not at 20 or 30.

are you currently on propecia right now? i was thinking of using minoxidil(rogaine) and this shampoo called nizoral. what the shampoo basically does is it mildly blocks the DHT (cause of hair loss) from the hair follicle. i know about propecia but i'm scared about using that because of some of the side effects from it.

It is quite ironic, we're not supposed to cut our hair for reasons i still don't know.

But to tie it and be able to participate in any physical activities which require contact the hair will begin to fall out themselves.....

Guest Bald Singh

The thing is minoxidil does not block DHT, so you will continue to lose hair. Only propecia is proven to slow down hair loss significantly.

You can give it a go and stop if you get any bad side effects. If you don't try you don't know.

It is also easier to simply take a pill rather than rubbing a greasy liquid on your head.

Do you keep kes or are you mona?

I tie a keski still, i keep it on all day so that no one sees my hair. The hair on the top of my head it really short now, the crown is almost bald but I see a lot of very thin hairs. it really sucks cause i used to take care of my hair really well, i loved having my long hair, and now its going away.

I heard that the Nizoral shampoo blocks DHT but only mildly, so I decided to start using that. I've heard that propecia doesn't actually grow the hair back, which is essentially what i wanted lol.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142250361

I read the above story about some dude's hair loss. This is the regime he used and i'm thinking of doing the same. I want to see if I get some hair growth with minoxidil and if it did then i know i will continue to use it. also if it stops working then i guess my last resort would be to get on propecia.

Do you notice any side effects from propecia? I'm just scared of using it even though 99% of people don't get bad side effects from it.

Guest Bald Singh

Don't expect miracles from Minoxidil. It only grows a little bit of hair if any. If you're significantly bald then don't expect much.

If you look like Hulk Hogan, don't expect to get hair like Ram Dev. It's just not possible.

You can try it for 6 months and see how you respond. But without the DHT blocker you might make some gains with minoxidil but also lose hair at these time.

All of these treatments - propecia, minoxidil, nizoral work best when you first notice thinning not when most of it's gone. They are really to maintain what you have, any new growth is a bonus.

In fact when you notice thinning you have already lost 50% of the hair on top.

You can take care of your hair as much as you want and put on any 'snake' oil but if your genetics are programmed for baldness then you will go bald.

How old are you?

I'm currently 22.

And I have also heard that minoxidil will maintain what you have. well i guess we gotta live with it right.I will try it for about 6 months to see what effects it does have, and i'll keep you updated on it through this thread.

Thanks for your help though man, its nice to know that i wasn't the only singh going through something like this. and dude don't even worry about if a girl doesn't like the fact that you're balding, she doesn't deserve you anyway then man. i know there's a lot of girls that don't mind the fact that their boyfriends are balding, it's just how life is. just stay confident and that's all that matters, don't let it bring you down bro.