Hair Loss

Guest Bald Singh

Guest Bald Singh

This is nothing to laugh about.

Some of the comments here just reinforce what society's views on baldness are. Especially what apne think about it.

Hair is associated with youth and healthy appearance, losing it early is a curse.

This is nothing to laugh about.

Some of the comments here just reinforce what society's views on baldness are. Especially what apne think about it.

Hair is associated with youth and healthy appearance, losing it early is a curse.

Brother, you wear a dastaar. Nobody is going to know you're bald but you, because your head shall always be covered. If you're worried about a woman, then find someone who doesn't judge your worth based on how much (or how little) hair you have on your head.

Guest Bald Singh

Thanks VanHelSingh. I think you are right. I don't have trouble attracting the females as I'm a tall handsome sardar. It's just some insecurity on my part because I know that I will have to expose my bald head to a wife one day and I wouldn't know when to tell them the truth. I guess I would make them fall for me first and then drop the bombshell :)

But like you said I keep my head covered most of the time. I wear a pagh to work, a keski/bandana at home and a small ramaal when asleep. The only time I have a naked head is when I shower and dry my (thinning) hair.

Someone once wrote that a Singh never goes bald! (because he always keeps his head covered!)

Thanks VanHelSingh. I think you are right. I don't have trouble attracting the females as I'm a tall handsome sardar. It's just some insecurity on my part because I know that I will have to expose my bald head to a wife one day and I wouldn't know when to tell them the truth. I guess I would make them fall for me first and then drop the bombshell :)

But like you said I keep my head covered most of the time. I wear a pagh to work, a keski/bandana at home and a small ramaal when asleep. The only time I have a naked head is when I shower and dry my (thinning) hair.

Someone once wrote that a Singh never goes bald! (because he always keeps his head covered!)

That's the spirit, Singh Ji. A strong personality and a smart demeanour will trump lack of hair any day of the week!

I am in the same boat as you. I have yet to be married. I have lost most of my hair on my scalp. There is no cure. There is no paath that will give you hair back. You have to learn to accept it. My brother-in-law has the same amount of hair loss but he is married to my sister. To her, the baldness was nothing to be ashamed of.

Guest Sheek sikh

Hi I don’t know what you could do if you are already bold, but if your hair is thinning and to prevent further hair loss here are a few tips:

1. Excessive "DHT", which is a by-product of testosterone, can lead to male baldness and thinning of hair.

And one way to control this is to increase your physical activity.

1. Get your blood checked for any mineral deficiencies you could have.
  1. There are some natural supplements like silica capsules with trace elements that can help strengthen roots.

1. Eat lots for black sesame seeds or black lentils, they seem to help too

1. And finally as Beeji always says oil your hair regularly!

Guest Bald Singh

Hi I dont know what you could do if you are already bold, but if your hair is thinning and to prevent further hair loss here are a few tips:

• Excessive "DHT", which is a by-product of testosterone, can lead to male baldness and thinning of hair.
And one way to control this is to increase your physical activity.

• Get your blood checked for any mineral deficiencies you could have.
  • There are some natural supplements like silica capsules with trace elements that can help strengthen roots.
  • Eat lots for black sesame seeds or black lentils, they seem to help too
  • And finally as Beeji always says oil your hair regularly!

What do you mean by this post? Why scribble everything out?

• 3 months later...
I have heard a particular fungus can cause male pattern baldness. You could try more frequently washing your pagh material(s).

Remedies I have heard of are things like Chinese duck oil, coconut oil (but I don't think these are break throughs).

Alot of research is going into male pattern baldness and it's likely in our life time some cure will come out. You could try an african hair saloon weave shop sometimes they have off market products which can do odd wonders (use carefully with caution)

When it comes to the Mrs more importantly then hair is the way you behave, act, talk, walk, the way you behave with others infront of your wife and your personality overall. In our generation bald men are in fashion, some people with a perfect head of hair want to shave it all off and some of these bald men do end up with attractive ladies. So even if you are bald or partially bald it doesn't equal the end of your potential marriage. It's not something you should go straight in to talk about, like not the first thing but maybe the 4th or 8th thing but perhaps something you should mention at some point. If a woman leaves you just for baldness then she is superficial and it wouldn't have worked out later on anyway.