Eating Jhoot Of Spouse?

Guest amritabhilakee

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jhoot is there everywhere.... You drink milk which is a Jhootan of calf. Yoy drink water which is jhootan of aquatic animal. When you were in th womb of your mother, you were actually eating her

Shabash pa ji shabash. I am sure that our Guru Sahibs, who taught us to be the dust of the feet of all, who taught us that it is better to eat with the poor and righteous than eat with the rich and gr

If u love to argue hana and do kintu on rehat do so but don't go to me and my belifs okay! I'm sick of all you lot doing this, "this rehets wrong!" "This banis wrong!" Etcetc! Just leave us alone, if

If u love to argue hana and do kintu on rehat do so but don't go to me and my belifs okay! I'm sick of all you lot doing this, "this rehets wrong!" "This banis wrong!" Etcetc! Just leave us alone, if we want to follow the rehat let us! If u don't or CAN'T pls don't stop oher okay.

When did I say "this Bani is wrong"?

And what is the reasoning for not eating non-Amritdhari jhoot? Hygenic? "Vibrations"?

I said ppl like u who love to argue say that. Also rehat says donmt be like the dog who eats after everyone, eat ur own food or with amritdharis.

Your words were:

"I'm sick of all you lot doing this, "this rehets wrong!" "This banis wrong!"

Please, do show me where I ever said that.

And this thread isn't about being a dog who eats after everyone. It is about sharing food with your non-Amritdhari spouse. Tell me what is wrong with that? Hygienic issues? Being Amritdhari doesn't make you cleaner than anyone else. "Vibrations"? Really?

Your words were:

"I'm sick of all you lot doing this, "this rehets wrong!" "This banis wrong!"

Please, do show me where I ever said that.

And this thread isn't about being a dog who eats after everyone. It is about sharing food with your non-Amritdhari spouse. Tell me what is wrong with that? Hygienic issues? Being Amritdhari doesn't make you cleaner than anyone else. "Vibrations"? Really?

if you were raised in India with cultural values you would understand where this comes from

you being amritdhari can only share food with non amritdhari , and yes you are more cleaner .

only if you follow rehat

also, you don't know if your spouse has been drinking of smoking now or has done so in her past .

not only sharing food with non amritdhari is bad but

its more worse taking jhoot from such a person

because it indirectly infringes your rehat and sharing food with non amritdhari breaks your amrit

Guru Gobind Singh Ji said

from now on , any decission from panj pyaare would be my hukam

panj pyaare said "no jhoot" including sharing food with with non amritdhari spouse

then its hukam , sir mathe te

you wana quesiton guru go ahead .

the point comes when a person is arguing with guru is because

that person has been doing this from long line and love doing that thing

now when guru says its bad and the person , is like "no i wont change it i have not done anything bad"

the truth is that , that person doesnt love guru and cannot take his hukam .

just like dalla singh

• Like 2

if you were raised in India with cultural values you would understand where this comes from

you being amritdhari can only share food with non amritdhari , and yes you are more cleaner .

only if you follow rehat

also, you don't know if your spouse has been drinking of smoking now or has done so in her past .

because it indirectly infringes your rehat and sharing food with non amritdhari breaks your amrit

panj pyaare said "no jhoot" including sharing food with with non amritdhari spouse

now when guru says its bad and the person , is like "no i wont change it i have not done anything bad"

just like dalla singh

Not suprising how many people turn from sikhi when trying to debate or even raise a valid point they are met with statements such as "you wanna question guru go ahead" or "that person doesnt love guru and cannot take his hukam" feels like a childish playground debate. now if you cant justify your reason for believing in something beyond "guru said so" then you are a sheep, being able to understand what guru says and why he says it now that is what we all want. So instead of bringing people down and telling them bullsh*t like it "breaks your amrit" and amritdharis are "cleaner" try treating people with a bit more respect and pyaar and maybe we would actually get somewhere!

Now ias an example your mother was a non amritdhari and i came up to her and said i was "cleaner" because i followed rehat or that eating food from her plate would "break my amrit" then how would your mother feel? in real world application of what you say it doesnt work because its too rigid thats my 2 cents anyway!

Not suprising how many people turn from sikhi when trying to debate or even raise a valid point they are met with statements such as "you wanna question guru go ahead" or "that person doesnt love guru and cannot take his hukam" feels like a childish playground debate. now if you cant justify your reason for believing in something beyond "guru said so" then you are a sheep, being able to understand what guru says and why he says it now that is what we all want. So instead of bringing people down and telling them bullsh*t like it "breaks your amrit" and amritdharis are "cleaner" try treating people with a bit more respect and pyaar and maybe we would actually get somewhere!

Now ias an example your mother was a non amritdhari and i came up to her and said i was "cleaner" because i followed rehat or that eating food from her plate would "break my amrit" then how would your mother feel? in real world application of what you say it doesnt work because its too rigid thats my 2 cents anyway!

Provided explanation above , if you dont want to accept it , its your issue.

breaking your amrit is not bull <banned word filter activated> , it is one of the kureiths (eating from non amritdhari's plate)

as for your second point , my mother isnt amritdhari , and she well knows the rehat and keeps sucham

and its kind of stupidity in India to think that you want another person to eat from same plate you are eating. no one asks any one to do that here

• Like 1

only if you follow rehat

just like dalla singh

Glad I wasn't raised in India then, Punjabi culture is by far the worst thing that ever happened to Sikhi.

1) How are Amrtidharis cleaner than non-Amritdharis? And don't say it is because the act of taking Amrit makes you cleaner or that Amritdharis have hygienic principles they need to adhere to. I can't tell you the number of times I've been in the Gurdwara washroom and I see Amritdhari guys come out of the stalls and wash their hands without soap, or worse yet, leave without washing them at all. And then these are the same guys you see in the kitchen help prepare the food or in the langar hall distributing it to the Sangat. It is called common-sense, everyone has it, Amritdharis AND non-Amritdharis. If you can't be bothered to follow basic hygienic principles before you have taken Amrit, you won't do it after you have taken Amrit either.

2) I would never marry someone who drank or smoked, I would find that out before the marriage. And if she started drinking or smoking after we got married, then I am sure she would let me know. It's a pretty crappy relationship if the wife or husband can't communicate this kind of stuff with each other.

3) Honestly, saying "it is because the Panj Pyare say so" is a cop-out. Guru Nanak Dev Ji taught us to question everything, to not do something just because someone else says so unless there is a rational reason behind it. He rejected superstitions, fasts and pilgrimages for this reason. Unless there is a good, logical reason behind why it is okay to have jhoot from Amrtidharis and not non-Amritdharis, it is just another useless ritual.

• Like 1

Provided explanation above , if you dont want to accept it , its your issue.

breaking your amrit is not bull <banned word filter activated> , it is one of the kureiths (eating from non amritdhari's plate)

as for your second point , my mother isnt amritdhari , and she well knows the rehat and keeps sucham

and its kind of stupidity in India to think that you want another person to eat from same plate you are eating. no one asks any one to do that here

Hardly an explanation its more you just bleating off random stuff that doesnt actually make sense youve shown no though process no logic not even a modicum of rationality.

Taking amrit isnt like the christian version of baptism it becomes a part of you and hence to break your amrit is a huge thing now completed by any of the 4 bujjar kurehits not just stuff you make up and try and pass off as fact! please tell me where and why eating from a non amritdharis plate would break your amrit in your own words?

well my mother is how would you feel if we refused to eat in your house, im not sure how much bhagti your mother has done, maybe i should also check that her standards meet mine i mean we need to eat from sarbloh dishes and prepared while singing shabads etc sometimes i wish people would think before they type singh

Hope you can learn from the above post from amansingh too, sometimes its worth putting yourself in someone elses shoes before you bleat on and try and scare people into thinking they have broken their amrit.

• Like 1

Hardly an explanation its more you just bleating off random stuff that doesnt actually make sense youve shown no though process no logic not even a modicum of rationality.

Taking amrit isnt like the christian version of baptism it becomes a part of you and hence to break your amrit is a huge thing now completed by any of the 4 bujjar kurehits not just stuff you make up and try and pass off as fact! please tell me where and why eating from a non amritdharis plate would break your amrit in your own words?

well my mother is how would you feel if we refused to eat in your house, im not sure how much bhagti your mother has done, maybe i should also check that her standards meet mine i mean we need to eat from sarbloh dishes and prepared while singing shabads etc sometimes i wish people would think before they type singh

Hope you can learn from the above post from amansingh too, sometimes its worth putting yourself in someone elses shoes before you bleat on and try and scare people into thinking they have broken their amrit.

what seems ill logical to you , are simply logical to everyone else

countless sants/bhramgiani's have taken birth and never questioned eating Jhoot

you both must be higher level of bhramgiani's

i got no other thing to say to people who wont take panj pyaare's hukam as Guru's hukam

Eating Jhoot is litterally a bujjar kureith -- simple if you cannot follow rehat your issue

my mother is quite understandable and everyone at home - countless nihangs /sadhu's ate at our home , but if you tell her anything she will understand without thinking too much and will not force you to eat

i dont need to learn from people who cannot follow rehat and cannot take guru's hukam

good luck in your jhoot eating days

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's funny how Amritdharis who at one side, because they have taken amrit, among other things, have promised to treat all humans the same way. At the other side they think it is okay to share food with one group of people and not another.
You don't take amrit and then become a good person. You become a good person and then take amrit. It's a journey of development. The concept of jhoota food has most likely been borrowed from the brahmins. It is a Hindu concept and has (unfortunately) seeped into Sikhi like so many other Hindu concepts.
The concept of jhooth goes against the basic principles of langar. Langar represents togetherness and equality. Jhoot is egotistical. There is no way it can fit in with Sikhi ideals as it means you are separating yourself from those around you.
What about milk? It is from cow udders. Is that not jhoot? What about honey? It is regurgitated by bees (it means it has been vomitted out by them), is that not jhoot? There are coffee beans that are extracted from animal feces, I have seen Amritdharis drink coffee before, is that not jhoot?
Shri Hazur Sahib does not allow women to do seva. Despite the fact that Sikh women have led armies into battle and Guru Amardas Ji gave women control of 52 out of the 146 Piris he established. At Harmandir Sahib, they can't do Kirtan because of their menstrual cycles, this despite the fact that our Gurus shattered the myth that women are dirty or any less capable of realizing God than men, after Guru Nanak reminded the world that kings may be powerful, but they are still born to women. Sad that the followers of Guru Nanak by and large ignore his message today.

countless sants/bhramgiani's have taken birth and never questioned eating Jhoot

you both must be higher level of bhramgiani's

Personally, I do not care for the opinions of any sants or bhramgianis. More often than not, they are parasites to the panth that do far more harm than good. These blood-sucking sants/bhramgiani's think they know better than our Gurus?

The bottom line is this: despite anything the Panj Pyare, Akal Takht or anyone else may say, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is without contention the highest authority in the Sikh religion. "Sabh Sikhan ko hukam hai Guru manyo Granth." This idea of "jhoot", that one group of religious people is cleaner than another goes against everything taught to us in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, our ONLY Guru, our eternal guide. So unless there is a scientific reason backed up by tangible evidence that Amritdharis are cleaner than non-Amritdharis, I am not buying it. I don't know why you brought sants/bhramgianis up anyways, all of our Gurus warned us to be wary of them, that we shouldn't follow them blindly, or do anything they say without a good reason. I follow no sant and no bhramgiani, nor do I care about what they have to say. I only follow Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, which has the same message, the same light of the 10 Nanaks that came before it. Where does your loyalty lie? With sants/bhramgianis, or with Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj?

EDIT: Before someone decides to blow that last bit out of proportion, I want to make it clear that I respect both Akal Takht and the Panj Pyare, both entities were established for a reason and do have power within the faith, but they ARE NOT more important than Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, nor do they have greater authority than Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji within Sikhi. Anything Akal Takht or the Panj Pyare says needs to be put to the test against Gurbani, neither one has the right to issue hukams that go against the teachings of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in any way, shape or form.

• Like 1

Savinderpal when you have read the above post please re read it to make sure you understand, very eloquently put.

by literally a bujjar kurehit do you mean it is not a bujjar kurehit if it was then it would be one of the 4 bujjar kurehit (halal meat, hair,adultery, intoxicants) again your misreprenting sikhism whereas we are asking questions you deem yourself able to give answers and factuals ones THAT ARE WRONG (please listen to the story of Ram Rai)

maybe thats the problem not enough independent thinking, i truly hope you do change your views because remember as amritdharis we are the dust at the feet of saints, we are not cleaner or better than anyone else and espousing that type of nonsense is exactly the parchar we wont to move away from!

• Like 1