Eating Jhoot Of Spouse?

Guest amritabhilakee

This seems to be a small thing (not even a issue) which is been turned into dilemma - sansa's/doubts and where there are sansa's - naam cannot reside inside of an individual, actual bhagti starts where there are no doubts or sansa's or dilemma left-

Two way of looking at this:

1. Consider whole jagat as false- joot as per shalok nauvan and among other gurbani tukhs so when whole world is perceived as false and illusion- whats jhoot and whats sucham..nothing matters there- eat for survial (be it jhoot of your spouse or not) but make actual baraiag (de-attachment) as your actual food -share with your spouse among others in family too.

2. Second way is simply take full sahara of gurbani perceive it with full conviction and faith that gurbani purifies everything (ultimately it does we just have to attune to that level of perception) including the food and recite it in mind before taking food with full dhyan and you have nothing to worry about. Faith in gurbani trumps/supersede everything-Gurparsad bhram ka Nash II.. When with full faith gurbani is reciten before taken food- it can change poison(bad vibrations if there are any) to amrit, abhilikhes should build up faith in gurbani.

Lastly, this will be your spouse man- after your wedding you be exchanging bodily fluids with her naturally.... so your concern regarding eating jhoota food of spouse seems bit small once we look at overall picture.

• Like 2
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jhoot is there everywhere.... You drink milk which is a Jhootan of calf. Yoy drink water which is jhootan of aquatic animal. When you were in th womb of your mother, you were actually eating her

Shabash pa ji shabash. I am sure that our Guru Sahibs, who taught us to be the dust of the feet of all, who taught us that it is better to eat with the poor and righteous than eat with the rich and gr

If u love to argue hana and do kintu on rehat do so but don't go to me and my belifs okay! I'm sick of all you lot doing this, "this rehets wrong!" "This banis wrong!" Etcetc! Just leave us alone, if

no you cannot eat your wife's jhoot

neosingh ji is right here , why not wait

same situation arrose for me , bt i was already amritdhari and girl wasnt ready yet.

i declined the rishta .

but you dont have to do same.

sangat has given lot of clarification , its upto you. you are smart enough

Guest ranjeet singh

On the subject of jhooth....i was blessed with amrit 2 yrs ago..before that....i was everything sikhi tells you not to be. My question is my wife has not take n amrit. And the reason she refuses to is because I would like her to wear a dastaar although i fully understand that it is a personal choice for women and the head can be covered in other ways...she believes that I will try to pressure her into wearing a dastaar...which i wont. As i was alone taking amrit.....would i be wrong to have any form of physical connection with her ?

On the subject of jhooth....i was blessed with amrit 2 yrs ago..before that....i was everything sikhi tells you not to be. My question is my wife has not take n amrit. And the reason she refuses to is because I would like her to wear a dastaar although i fully understand that it is a personal choice for women and the head can be covered in other ways...she believes that I will try to pressure her into wearing a dastaar...which i wont. As i was alone taking amrit.....would i be wrong to have any form of physical connection with her ?

The desire to have physical relations with the spouse comes from the lack of focus on the Guru. She should understand what kind of commitment you have made with the Guru. Also you must understand the commitment you have made. By asking this question there is a desire in you to have physical relations with your wife, but consciously you know it is wrong. By not giving in to the desire you will become stronger and start to understand why your body is pushing and tugging you toward lower animal instinct behaviour. Sit down with the wife and do paath together. Don't be shy of showing your love for Gurbani, by singing out loud and taking the lead on every aspect. If anything this is the time to show the love you have for Gurbani and hopefully your spouse will be able to understand. This won't be considered hanker because you are sacrificing something to help another understand. Repeat the process until she comes to the terms of how much the Guru has given to creation. She will realize in her conscious mind that I too need to take amrit.

Either the spouse with correct character can take charge and show the way or they can lower themselves to worldly animal instinct and live a life of Romeo and Juliet. Many have taken the latter road and they have not accomplished the final goal. Dust will be dust, but rehat is the jewel only a few digest and wear with satisfaction.

wearing dsatar isnt important for women however its important to wear chunnie / keep head covered/ or a patka at all times .

according to Damdami taksal rehat you cannot indulge in physical relation with your wife if she hasnt taken amrit

wearing dsatar isnt important for women however its important to wear chunnie / keep head covered/ or a patka at all times .

veerji with all due respect to you daas wanted to say that wearing a dastar for amrirdhari women is a must as mata sahib kaur ji themselves wear a dastar measuring 5 meters... :)
  • Like 1

Taksal rehat is very specific and that is good. If a Singh turns to amrit ceremony without his partner or vice versa the 5 payarae actually send you away or tell you to bring your other half. It is forbidden and if an amritshakiya can only marry a amritshaki then there is no logic in saying that amrishakiya Singh can eat jhoot/sleep with his no baptised wife. Its also common sense.

Thx for thw replies brothers and sisters.....when i meant physical relstionship..i did not mean it was limited to the bedroom stuff normal couples do in bed...i meant hugs in the morning kissing her on the cheek before i leave work...please note i was far from a sikh before two yrs ago. I wanted to be blessed with amrit as i wanted structure and disciple in my life and being given amrit and going straighr in...forced me to keep my mind in check and focus on family time...not nasha and friends... in regards to dastaar...she feels i will pressure her but i know i wont...i know its mandatory to cover the head wether it be patka etc...i was not amrithdari nor a sikh by image before and for the first 5 years of mareiage.. .maybe i shoild not have gone to take amrit then......waheguru

Guest Logical Thinker

An Amritdhari can only share food with other Amritdhari, weather its anyone. But its not allowed to eat jhootha food from un-Amritdharis Ji

Really? Tell me the concept of Khalsa panth then? Just creating more caste barriers being "Amritdhar!i"

Really? Tell me the concept of Khalsa panth then? Just creating more caste barriers being "Amritdhar!i"

I'm curious to know where in SGGS Ji it says anything about refusing to share food with someone based on anything other than their conduct and behavior. Guru Nanak Dev Ji did not make distinction between Hindu and Muslim. So sad that today we are making distinctions between members of our own Panth.

Aman- SGGSJMaharaj is nirol Brahm Di katha (only gods katha, explanation) as said by sant singh ji maskeen, plus the rehatnamey passed down say that jhoota nehi khana on amritdharis. If u hav a prob so be it I'm not gonna argue over this okay so u do ur arguing and be happy @argue.com

• Like 1